if god created the universe, what created god? - PbNation
Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

 
Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 12-10-2006, 01:17 AM #1
az bandits7
NXe JRNY
 
az bandits7's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: arizona
if god created the universe, what created god?

discuss.
__________________
old feedback 61+ 0
R.I.P. FYT
LEGIT jerseys [rare teams]
az bandits7 is offline  
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-10-2006, 01:19 AM #2
LGB (Banned)
.animal.
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Supposedly God doesn't adhere to the same rules, therefore he didn't need to be created, at least that's the short answer.
LGB is offline  
Old 12-10-2006, 01:21 AM #3
JayAcob
zoh mah gawd its me
 
JayAcob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Vancouverish, BC
that is where faith comes in.
__________________
AJ Acob - Team Deadbox
MXL

Feedback
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=2140085
JayAcob is offline  
Old 12-10-2006, 01:21 AM #4
TheMahone2491
Donde Esta?
 
TheMahone2491's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: New Orleans
TheMahone2491 is a Supporting Member
TheMahone2491 plays in the PSP
TheMahone2491 plays in the APPA D4 division
god has been here and always will be
__________________
PBC
FEEDBACKNew Feedback
TheMahone2491 is offline  
Old 12-10-2006, 01:23 AM #5
ak907 (Banned)
 
 
ak907's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
^ the EXACT same thing could be said about the universe
ak907 is offline  
Old 12-10-2006, 08:48 AM #6
PhantomGhost
Fraggle Rocker
 
PhantomGhost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Reality Bites
Annual Supporting Member
PhantomGhost donated to help Peyton Trent
PhantomGhost supports our troops
PhantomGhost is reppin' sidebar 4 life
By religious terms: You can not define God nor understand Him. So asking this question is like asking if Chuck Norris is so powerful can he create a Hot Pocket so Hot he couldn't eat it (see you can't really answer that)

__________________
Increase Your Size by 12"
PhantomGhost is offline  
Old 12-10-2006, 08:59 AM #7
-Wombous- (Banned)
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
god doesnt need to be created. He doesnt follow the rule of our earthly boundrys. Its only so hard to understand because we dont know anything outside of the boundrys of the living world
-Wombous- is offline  
Old 12-10-2006, 10:23 AM #8
Topazbullet
Don't hate. Dominate.
 
Topazbullet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Cambridge, MA
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Wombous- View Post
god doesnt need to be created. He doesnt follow the rule of our earthly boundrys. Its only so hard to understand because we dont know anything outside of the boundrys of the living world
Ah, but we are beginning to understand it. Meet the Large Hadron Collider
http://public.web.cern.ch/Public/Con...hatLHC-en.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak907
^ the EXACT same thing could be said about the universe.
exactly!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oscillatory_universe

although current evidence points away from oscillatory universe and points to a model like this

found here
http://vinkovic.org/Projects/Popular...t.III.eng.html
__________________
I do Anodizing, click here and PM me.
Topazbullet is offline  
Old 12-10-2006, 09:08 PM #9
Jackoblades
Its a cat, just a cat....
 
Jackoblades's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Washington
i love how christians, instead of saying...."i don't know" try to talk about how it goes beyond understanding. the point is. everything can be explained...even god and the lack of him.
__________________
Poor Man Gun Whores Club #92
Rockin the pimped out FEP quest .
Atheist Baller #13


"Liberal Democrats don't want Praying in Schools. Why? Because prayer causes ignorance, and ignorance causes Republicans"

/\ Fixed
Jackoblades is offline  
Old 12-10-2006, 09:15 PM #10
RamboPreacher
Player not a Pro.
 
RamboPreacher's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Central Iowa
RamboPreacher is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackoblades View Post
...the point is. everything can be explained...even god and the lack of him.
I disagree. explain to me that you exist.
__________________
Brent "RamboPreacher" Hoefling
Founder of the CPPA - Christian Paintball Players Association
Member of: † Christ † Krew † #82

"I believe, in order to understand" or "I understand in order to believe": Augustine/Anselm (paraphrase)
"Science, and especially physics is not about 'truths' - It's about forming beliefs that are less false"; Dr. S. James Gates, Jr.
RamboPreacher is offline  
Old 12-10-2006, 09:16 PM #11
maxMONSTER
 
 
maxMONSTER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Socal
well no in the bible it states that God is above the level of human and therefore we cannot understand him fully such as the 3 in 1 father son and holy spirit if hes 3 how can he be 1 you know? these are the things that we as humans cannot comprehend. God did not need to be created he was always there and will be there forever time doesnt apply to him. thats where faith comes in
__________________
Proto Rail $400
UL frame $150
CP clear backcap $25
Proto clear eye plates $20
Qlock $40
07 CP on/off $37
Halo B v35 rip drive $135
playing paintball priceless
maxMONSTER is offline  
Old 12-10-2006, 09:24 PM #12
x420psykoticx
Business Cat
 
x420psykoticx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Dallas, TX
Annual Supporting Member
x420psykoticx is a Supporting Member
x420psykoticx plays in the PSP
x420psykoticx owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
x420psykoticx is an NCPA player
x420psykoticx is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
x420psykoticx is Legendary
x420psykoticx is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamboPreacher View Post
I disagree. explain to me that you exist.
Descartes put it well: cogito ergo sum.
__________________
Team Laser - PSP
Powered by Beefy Boys™ - B.C.I.T
R.I.P. TX Select
¯\(º_o)/¯ How I make intelligent posts?

Powered by: Planet Eclipse | Empire
x420psykoticx is offline  
Old 12-10-2006, 09:25 PM #13
Topazbullet
Don't hate. Dominate.
 
Topazbullet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Cambridge, MA
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamboPreacher View Post
I disagree. explain to me that you exist.
I think therefore I am
__________________
I do Anodizing, click here and PM me.
Topazbullet is offline  
Old 12-10-2006, 09:26 PM #14
Paper-Cut (Banned)
mentally unstable
 
Paper-Cut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Tampa, Fl
Paper-Cut has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackoblades View Post
i love how christians, instead of saying...."i don't know" try to talk about how it goes beyond understanding. the point is. everything can be explained...even god and the lack of him.
care to?

Every true scientist knows that God cannot be proven or disproven, which is why no one tries.
But if you have been gifted with the knowledge that has been debated in the human race since the dawn of time, please share.
Paper-Cut is offline  
Old 12-10-2006, 09:27 PM #15
x420psykoticx
Business Cat
 
x420psykoticx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Dallas, TX
Annual Supporting Member
x420psykoticx is a Supporting Member
x420psykoticx plays in the PSP
x420psykoticx owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
x420psykoticx is an NCPA player
x420psykoticx is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
x420psykoticx is Legendary
x420psykoticx is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topazbullet View Post
I think therefore I am
...Which is what I said.
__________________
Team Laser - PSP
Powered by Beefy Boys™ - B.C.I.T
R.I.P. TX Select
¯\(º_o)/¯ How I make intelligent posts?

Powered by: Planet Eclipse | Empire
x420psykoticx is offline  
Old 12-10-2006, 09:27 PM #16
CAHunter (Banned)
The Trooper
 
CAHunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Carlsbad, CA
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackoblades View Post
i love how christians, instead of saying...."i don't know" try to talk about how it goes beyond understanding. the point is. everything can be explained...even god and the lack of him.
Except that you don't really know that everything can be explained. Perhaps you have FAITH that everything can be explained, but unless you know EVERYTHING and how to explain it (no one does), you don't really KNOW that everything can be explained.

The majority of things that have crossed our paths have been able to be explained, but there's plenty of unexplained things out there as it is.

EDIT: Bingo on Paper-Cut's part.
CAHunter is offline  
Old 12-10-2006, 09:27 PM #17
Mps2216
Control Yourself
 
Mps2216's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: London
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topazbullet View Post
I think therefore I am
Cogito ergo sum. (Descartes I believe?)

Edit: Haha, didn't realize psykotic had already addressed that.
__________________
WashU '12
SC Rage RKPB

Last edited by Mps2216 : 12-10-2006 at 09:30 PM.
Mps2216 is offline  
Old 12-10-2006, 09:28 PM #18
RamboPreacher
Player not a Pro.
 
RamboPreacher's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Central Iowa
RamboPreacher is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topazbullet View Post
I think therefore I am
Quote:
Originally Posted by x420psykoticx View Post
Descartes put it well: cogito ergo sum.
which does not explain to me anything except that you are trying to (or have) convinced yourself that you exist.
__________________
Brent "RamboPreacher" Hoefling
Founder of the CPPA - Christian Paintball Players Association
Member of: † Christ † Krew † #82

"I believe, in order to understand" or "I understand in order to believe": Augustine/Anselm (paraphrase)
"Science, and especially physics is not about 'truths' - It's about forming beliefs that are less false"; Dr. S. James Gates, Jr.
RamboPreacher is offline  
Old 12-10-2006, 09:30 PM #19
Topazbullet
Don't hate. Dominate.
 
Topazbullet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Cambridge, MA
Quote:
Originally Posted by x420psykoticx View Post
...Which is what I said.
Whoops! I didn't get that email until after I posted
__________________
I do Anodizing, click here and PM me.
Topazbullet is offline  
Old 12-10-2006, 09:30 PM #20
x420psykoticx
Business Cat
 
x420psykoticx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Dallas, TX
Annual Supporting Member
x420psykoticx is a Supporting Member
x420psykoticx plays in the PSP
x420psykoticx owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
x420psykoticx is an NCPA player
x420psykoticx is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
x420psykoticx is Legendary
x420psykoticx is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamboPreacher View Post
which does not explain to me anything except that you are trying to (or have) convinced yourself that you exist.
How can one not exist without thought?
__________________
Team Laser - PSP
Powered by Beefy Boys™ - B.C.I.T
R.I.P. TX Select
¯\(º_o)/¯ How I make intelligent posts?

Powered by: Planet Eclipse | Empire
x420psykoticx is offline  
Old 12-10-2006, 09:30 PM #21
Mps2216
Control Yourself
 
Mps2216's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: London
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamboPreacher View Post
which does not explain to me anything except that you are trying to (or have) convinced yourself that you exist.
If I believe, does anything else really matter?
__________________
WashU '12
SC Rage RKPB
Mps2216 is offline  
 




Posting Rules
Forum Jump