Scientific Debate of Creationism/I.D. - PbNation
Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

 
Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 12-09-2006, 01:33 PM #1
Hero
Stashy Pow Brah
 
Hero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Macomb, IL
Hero is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Hero plays in the PSP
Hero plays in the APPA D3 division
Scientific Debate of Creationism/I.D.

Now i see alot of threads leaking spewage that I.D./Creationism has more proof than evolution, or that evolution has more Holes than I.D.
SO here is anyones chance to SCIENTIFICALLY proove I.D. or Creationism. Please don't flame anyone over their views or thoughts...This is a debate thread, not a poop throwing fest.
Let's act like real people and not animals here.

I'll try to keep a chart of who is debating for what side so that people do not get confused.

Science Side
Hero
Tuna

I.D./Creationism
alex06

Last edited by Hero : 12-09-2006 at 01:57 PM.
Hero is offline  
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-09-2006, 01:39 PM #2
alex06
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: DC Metro
im on the creationism side
__________________
"Originally posted by automagwarrior: So you left the doctors office without asking him, to come home and ask the internet. Brilliant."
alex06 is offline  
Old 12-09-2006, 01:49 PM #3
Hero
Stashy Pow Brah
 
Hero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Macomb, IL
Hero is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Hero plays in the PSP
Hero plays in the APPA D3 division
OK, Thnx for joining up. I'll start off by asking you for your ideas on the creation.
A brief is fine...nothing really detailed, yet.
Hero is offline  
Old 12-09-2006, 01:56 PM #4
tuna
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
 has been a member for 10 years
I'm on the science side.

ID is by definition not science. It in no way uses the scientific method to come to conclusions. The scientific method is grounded in gathering observable, empirical, and measurable evidence, none of which can be done with relation to ID. It was actually found in a federal court to not be science (Kitzmiller v. Dover Area School District)
tuna is offline  
Old 12-09-2006, 01:57 PM #5
Hero
Stashy Pow Brah
 
Hero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Macomb, IL
Hero is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Hero plays in the PSP
Hero plays in the APPA D3 division
Thnx Tuna
Hero is offline  
Old 12-09-2006, 02:05 PM #6
Rojo75
Indestructible
 
Rojo75's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: West Seneca,NY
Just so you know theres no scientific proof that life started spontaneousley. So technically niether can win without faith.

Evolution-- Faith that life was started by a 1/1,000,000,000,......... chance
ID/Creationism- Faith in an omnipontent being .
Rojo75 is offline  
Old 12-09-2006, 02:23 PM #7
tuna
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rojo75 View Post
Just so you know theres no scientific proof that life started spontaneousley. So technically niether can win without faith.
Miller-Urey experiment
Origin of life

There are several plausible, scientifically checkable hypotheses about how life could have started spontaneously from inanimate materials. Saying "god did it" is obviously not science.
tuna is offline  
Old 12-09-2006, 02:28 PM #8
StockClassBaller
111!eleventy!!111
 
StockClassBaller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Morgantown, WV
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rojo75 View Post
Just so you know theres no scientific proof that life started spontaneousley. So technically niether can win without faith.

Evolution-- Faith that life was started by a 1/1,000,000,000,......... chance
ID/Creationism- Faith in an omnipontent being .
Never mind the fact that biological evolution doesn't have anything to do with how life began.
__________________
Pump Gun Pimp #50 ~ Official Pump Gun Fan
CCI Phantom
Carter Machine Buzzard
My feedback:
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...readid=1052444
StockClassBaller is offline  
Old 12-09-2006, 02:33 PM #9
Rojo75
Indestructible
 
Rojo75's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: West Seneca,NY
I never said I believe god did it I merely stated that theres a chance it did. Also why does it have to be a scientific argument remember religion is based upon blind faith when you say scientific you shut out their ability to dispute your claims.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StockClassBaller View Post
Never mind the fact that biological evolution doesn't have anything to do with how life began.
One of the key differences between ID and evolution lies with how life began.

Last edited by Rojo75 : 12-09-2006 at 02:39 PM.
Rojo75 is offline  
Old 12-09-2006, 02:34 PM #10
Hero
Stashy Pow Brah
 
Hero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Macomb, IL
Hero is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Hero plays in the PSP
Hero plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rojo75 View Post
Just so you know theres no scientific proof that life started spontaneousley. So technically niether can win without faith.

Evolution-- Faith that life was started by a 1/1,000,000,000,......... chance
ID/Creationism- Faith in an omnipontent being .
It was posts like this that I hope did not find their ways into this thread.
Your hypothesis that nothing can win without faith is sooooo flawed already.
Please stop.

It is true that no side can win, because neither can prove a starting point. But for someone to automatically stop researching because they don't know the beginning is just ignorant. This is why Scientists labor and are still employeed..We are trying to use science to prove where we came from.

Please grow up and stop with idiotic posts like this in the future
Hero is offline  
Old 12-09-2006, 02:41 PM #11
MVPaintballer
Mega Flagellator
 
MVPaintballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2021
Location: New Hope, PA
Annual Supporting Member
MVPaintballer is a Mega Moderator
MVPaintballer is a Supporting Member
MVPaintballer donated to help Peyton Trent
MVPaintballer supports Bob Gurnsey
MVPaintballer posts videos on PbNation
MVPaintballer supports our troops
You're asking for the impossible... you can not scientifically prove creationism. It's like saying "Here is a hammer, paint a portrait"
__________________
If you don't have anything nice to say, say it on the internet.
MVPaintballer is offline  
Old 12-09-2006, 02:43 PM #12
Hero
Stashy Pow Brah
 
Hero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Macomb, IL
Hero is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Hero plays in the PSP
Hero plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rojo75 View Post
I never said I believe god did it I merely stated that theres a chance it did. Also why does it have to be a scientific argument remember religion is based upon blind faith when you say scientific you shut out their ability to dispute your claims.

One of the key differences between ID and evolution lies with how life began.
One of the key differences?
How about almost 100% of everything is different in the two? Other than arguing about the same thing...The claims are completely different.

The reason it is scientific is because I.D. Is trying to work it's way into science/biology books across america. If you want to be a theory in a science book, I would hope that Science had something to do with your claim. So Scientifically give us an Idea of how the world was created.
Hero is offline  
Old 12-09-2006, 02:45 PM #13
MVPaintballer
Mega Flagellator
 
MVPaintballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2021
Location: New Hope, PA
Annual Supporting Member
MVPaintballer is a Mega Moderator
MVPaintballer is a Supporting Member
MVPaintballer donated to help Peyton Trent
MVPaintballer supports Bob Gurnsey
MVPaintballer posts videos on PbNation
MVPaintballer supports our troops
Why don't you scientifically PROVE evolution... win a nobel prize.
__________________
If you don't have anything nice to say, say it on the internet.
MVPaintballer is offline  
Old 12-09-2006, 02:45 PM #14
Hero
Stashy Pow Brah
 
Hero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Macomb, IL
Hero is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Hero plays in the PSP
Hero plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by MVPaintballer View Post
You're asking for the impossible... you can not scientifically prove creationism. It's like saying "Here is a hammer, paint a portrait"
Not Impossible...If it is impossible, why is it trying to be a textbook theory? And the hammer--->portrait, some art student would claim they could
Hero is offline  
Old 12-09-2006, 02:45 PM #15
Rojo75
Indestructible
 
Rojo75's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: West Seneca,NY
Prove to me that life began in a primordial soup without outside help.
Rojo75 is offline  
Old 12-09-2006, 02:46 PM #16
Hero
Stashy Pow Brah
 
Hero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Macomb, IL
Hero is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Hero plays in the PSP
Hero plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by MVPaintballer View Post
Why don't you scientifically PROVE evolution... win a nobel prize.
SO there is NO scientific evidence to support Evolution?
I'm not asking scientific evidence that prooves I.D., just scientific proof to support it.
Hero is offline  
Old 12-09-2006, 02:48 PM #17
MVPaintballer
Mega Flagellator
 
MVPaintballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2021
Location: New Hope, PA
Annual Supporting Member
MVPaintballer is a Mega Moderator
MVPaintballer is a Supporting Member
MVPaintballer donated to help Peyton Trent
MVPaintballer supports Bob Gurnsey
MVPaintballer posts videos on PbNation
MVPaintballer supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hero View Post
Not Impossible...If it is impossible, why is it trying to be a textbook theory? And the hammer--->portrait, some art student would claim they could
Not, it's impossible to scientifically prove creationism, and no one sane is claiming that it is. And some scientists would say they could prove evolution/creationism... doesn't mean they could.
__________________
If you don't have anything nice to say, say it on the internet.
MVPaintballer is offline  
Old 12-09-2006, 02:50 PM #18
MVPaintballer
Mega Flagellator
 
MVPaintballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2021
Location: New Hope, PA
Annual Supporting Member
MVPaintballer is a Mega Moderator
MVPaintballer is a Supporting Member
MVPaintballer donated to help Peyton Trent
MVPaintballer supports Bob Gurnsey
MVPaintballer posts videos on PbNation
MVPaintballer supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hero View Post
SO there is NO scientific evidence to support Evolution?
I'm not asking scientific evidence that prooves I.D., just scientific proof to support it.
No, you're twisting my words, there is a lot of evidence for evolution, there are also a lot of missings parts in it, and anyone knowledgable of the subject would agree. I agreed it was flawed when I was an evolutionist.

Both come down to faith. You believe in God that has no physical evidence of existance, or you believe in the picofraction chance of evolution. Occurring from scratch. honestly, it's like walking into the kitchen and seeing a cake made on it's own. In fact, I would expect that before the evolution of a human.
__________________
If you don't have anything nice to say, say it on the internet.

Last edited by MVPaintballer : 12-09-2006 at 02:53 PM.
MVPaintballer is offline  
Old 12-09-2006, 02:59 PM #19
Hero
Stashy Pow Brah
 
Hero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Macomb, IL
Hero is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Hero plays in the PSP
Hero plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by MVPaintballer View Post
No, you're twisting my words, there is a lot of evidence for evolution, there are also a lot of missings parts in it, and anyone knowledgable of the subject would agree. I agreed it was flawed when I was an evolutionist.

Both come down to faith. You believe in God that has no physical evidence of existance, or you believe in the picofraction chance of evolution. Occurring from scratch. honestly, it's like walking into the kitchen and seeing a cake made on it's own. In fact, I would expect that before the evolution of a human.

Please Understand that I am not attacking you religion basis here.
Your Dragging this out to be something it is not. Please read a definition of Intelligent Design. "They say that intelligent design is a scientific theory that stands on equal footing with, or is superior to, current scientific theories regarding the evolution and origin of life". People believe this despite what YOU think. Now This is my reason behind the thread. IF Creationism/I.D. Believes that it is a scientific theory...then Please explain how.
I'm asking for a person that Believes in I.D., not someone that believes in a form of Theistic Evolution or does not believe the terms that I.d. fits into.
Hero is offline  
Old 12-09-2006, 03:01 PM #20
MVPaintballer
Mega Flagellator
 
MVPaintballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2021
Location: New Hope, PA
Annual Supporting Member
MVPaintballer is a Mega Moderator
MVPaintballer is a Supporting Member
MVPaintballer donated to help Peyton Trent
MVPaintballer supports Bob Gurnsey
MVPaintballer posts videos on PbNation
MVPaintballer supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hero View Post
Please Understand that I am not attacking you religion basis here.
Your Dragging this out to be something it is not. Please read a definition of Intelligent Design. "They say that intelligent design is a scientific theory that stands on equal footing with, or is superior to, current scientific theories regarding the evolution and origin of life". People believe this despite what YOU think. Now This is my reason behind the thread. IF Creationism/I.D. Believes that it is a scientific theory...then Please explain how.
I'm asking for a person that Believes in I.D., not someone that believes in a form of Theistic Evolution or does not believe the terms that I.d. fits into.
You're grouping Creationism with I.D. and it's completely different. I'm talking about Creation.

You won't find scientific evidence for the existance of an intelligent designer, you will however find lack of evidence of evolution, leading to the "conclusion" that there was an intelligent mechanism behind evolution.
__________________
If you don't have anything nice to say, say it on the internet.
MVPaintballer is offline  
Old 12-09-2006, 03:11 PM #21
Hero
Stashy Pow Brah
 
Hero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Macomb, IL
Hero is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Hero plays in the PSP
Hero plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by MVPaintballer View Post
You're grouping Creationism with I.D. and it's completely different. I'm talking about Creation.

You won't find scientific evidence for the existance of an intelligent designer, you will however find lack of evidence of evolution, leading to the "conclusion" that there was an intelligent mechanism behind evolution.
"However, "creationism" in common usage typically connotes a religious, political, and social campaign—for instance, in education—to assert the dominance or widespread acceptance of a spiritual view of nature and of humanity's place in it."
Sound similar to me...It seems the only difference between I.D. and Creationism is that Creationism at least has the balls to say they are faith based. Whereas I.D. Claims it was a Supreme Being.
They are Not Completly different.

So The complete lacking of evidence of Creationism/ID's Creator or the "up til now" point is supremely outweighed by the holes in evolution?
SO because Evolution has yet to press down an exact Proof to the creation of the universe, Creation wins?
Hero is offline  
 




Posting Rules
Forum Jump