Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 12-07-2006, 09:24 PM #1
Razzy
Cap'n Crunch Cadet

has been a member for 10 years
Do you believe in "Bible Code" or "Bible Prophecy"

We've all heard it before and we've all probably seen the specials on The History channel and Discovery. Do you believe that ANY religious book contains a prophecy - encoded or not?

There are some religious manuscripts which I believe are crafted with codes in them. The Tora is such a book. From what I've heard, each Hebrew letter has a number value, and combinations of these letter will create different words (such as the number value for the Hebrew word Man + the number value for the Hebrew word Woman = the number value for the Hebrew word Child) and because of this certain hidden messages were crafted into the Tora when it was written.

I think it is simply absurd that people think that such codes are written prophecies - in fact I think it's absurd that such prophecies can exist at all.

To say that there is a "Bible Prophecy" that effectively puts our existence in a timeline of sorts completely negates both the concepts of free will and chaos. If everything we do is "scripted" so to speak, and everything that is going to happen up to the return of Christ has already been transcribed, then essentially there is no reason for our existence.

"Originally posted by fisherman blind Razzy now owns this thread"
"Originally posted by chodeyg;27741974 We don't kill, we just shoot people until their hearts stop beating."
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-07-2006, 09:32 PM #2
Mr.Goodkat

u dont need to encode the bible. what it is is right in fron of u. discovery is into the whole Divinchi Code thing.
-45/4500 Java carbon fiber tank
-14 inch Freak Barrel
Old 12-07-2006, 09:49 PM #3
HuktAwnFoniks
Thanks a lot, Bin Laden

No.
there are no prophecies.
Old 12-07-2006, 10:23 PM #4
paintballonaim (Banned)

paintballonaim is an NCPA player
paintballonaim plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razzy View Post
We've all heard it before and we've all probably seen the specials on The History channel and Discovery. Do you believe that ANY religious book contains a prophecy - encoded or not?

There are some religious manuscripts which I believe are crafted with codes in them. The Tora is such a book. From what I've heard, each Hebrew letter has a number value, and combinations of these letter will create different words (such as the number value for the Hebrew word Man + the number value for the Hebrew word Woman = the number value for the Hebrew word Child) and because of this certain hidden messages were crafted into the Tora when it was written.

I think it is simply absurd that people think that such codes are written prophecies - in fact I think it's absurd that such prophecies can exist at all.

To say that there is a "Bible Prophecy" that effectively puts our existence in a timeline of sorts completely negates both the concepts of free will and chaos. If everything we do is "scripted" so to speak, and everything that is going to happen up to the return of Christ has already been transcribed, then essentially there is no reason for our existence.
To get saved... Life's a test.
Old 12-07-2006, 10:32 PM #5
RamboPreacher
Player not a Pro.

RamboPreacher is a founding member
do I believe in the so called "Bible codes" - nope.
Do I believe in Bible prophecy? yep.
Member of: Christ Krew #82

"I believe, in order to understand" or "I understand in order to believe": Augustine/Anselm (paraphrase)
"Science, and especially physics is not about 'truths' - It's about forming beliefs that are less false"; Dr. S. James Gates, Jr.
Old 12-07-2006, 10:55 PM #6
Razzy
Cap'n Crunch Cadet

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballonaim View Post
To get saved... Life's a test.
But if it's decided from the start what the outcome will be, then there's no point to our existence. What is the point of a test if it is already decided if we will pass or fail?

To me, that just negates the reason for our existence. We no longer have a reason to exist because we no longer have any free will or influence over our world.

"Originally posted by fisherman blind Razzy now owns this thread"
"Originally posted by chodeyg;27741974 We don't kill, we just shoot people until their hearts stop beating."
Old 12-07-2006, 11:25 PM #7
Mr.Goodkat

prophecies happen throughout the bible and many other religions "holy book"
-45/4500 Java carbon fiber tank
-14 inch Freak Barrel
Old 12-08-2006, 06:36 AM #8
Hoytie
F=ma. Believe it.

There were a LOT of Old Testament prophecies about Jesus that were all fulfilled such as who His ancestors were, where He was born, even some specific details like people gambling for His clothes as He was on the cross. If you want to see details and verse numbers then just google "list of messianic prophecies" and you should get lots of good links on the first page.

And I haven't really looked into the Bible code much but as far as I know, it's never been used to predict anything and it could be applied to almost ANY sufficiently large book. And the Bible is quite a large book.

joel.hoyt@gmail.com
Old 12-08-2006, 06:40 AM #9
Conqueror
ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD

Conqueror is a Moderator
Conqueror is a Supporting Member
Conqueror supports our troops
Yeah, I think bible codes are a load of nonsense. Like hoytie said, I'm sure you could find "hidden messages" in any book. People just tend to look more in the bible because that book carries so much meaning to so many people.

CQ
Old 12-08-2006, 10:35 AM #10
Aggressive Bill

I'm not sure about the bible codes either. Is it possible? I guess so. There's a big difference between the code and prophecy.

Prophecies helped guide and direct people. To the best of my knowledge, I haven't seen the code do that. I may be wrong on that. So far all I've heard about is finding out things after they have happened. So, to me, the prophecy is more important to me since it serves more of a purpose.
Old 12-08-2006, 03:01 PM #11
violentmonkey

i beleive its possible, but not likely
Old 12-08-2006, 09:52 PM #12
PaInTbAlLFrEaK17 (Banned)

I knew Dan Brown posted here
No seriously, while no one can TOTALLY rule these out, it's foolish to think that these prophecies would be so purposely encrypted
Old 12-09-2006, 07:33 AM #13
Wenuliveudie
100% Organic

Wenuliveudie plays in the PSP
Wenuliveudie donated to help Peyton Trent
Wenuliveudie helped look for balloons
Wenuliveudie plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conqueror View Post
Yeah, I think bible codes are a load of nonsense. Like hoytie said, I'm sure you could find "hidden messages" in any book. People just tend to look more in the bible because that book carries so much meaning to so many people.

CQ
To solidify this claim, the same "codes" have been found in Moby Dick.

Old Feedback +16
Don't lose touch.
Old 12-09-2006, 12:34 PM #14
JoePsycho
Child molester

It is a mathematical anomoly, I think it was prooved that way once. They take the letters and put them in a 10X10 cross-section and look for words. The Bible if ****ING HUGE. There are as many of those "codes" that make absolutely no sense as those that seem to make sense.

Myspace is gay.
Seriously, Myspace is gay.

TexasStorm Hybrid LPR CP Rail WGP On/Off Hybrid Clamping Feedneck Custom Pink-Dyed Bolt Freak HALO B PE 68/45

"Originally posted by WesC: what a waste of money, could of gone towards somethin useful, like a few abortion clinics"