PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 12-07-2006, 08:29 PM #1
UFG
Use ****ing Google

Street Preachers *Video included*

So this guy named Micah Armstrong came to my school (University of Central Florida) and preached on our free speech lawn all last week. I found it very entertaining and was a pretty good stress reliever for the week before finals. He and his wife spent the week calling everybody who passed Hell bound masturbaters and called all the ladies hussies.

Here are some videos from him at UCF:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2swEcsZTxPc (you can see a glimpse of me at 3:33)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=SpNKgHpAchI&watch_response (I'm the guy that offers to shake his hand but he refuses)

You can find more videos of him and others on youtube as well. I think their main goal is to come and say stuff like they do to shock people to draw a crowd. Once there is a crowd, he quotes a ton of Bible verses and I guess his goal is to get people to go and read the Bible and see if it really says what they claim it does. He basically claimed to be perfect and said he doesn't sin. He would also call people out and call them sinners without knowing anything about them. He called me, Hypocritical Hell bound Masturbater, instead of my name many times. I talked with him for a good hour one on one and he was pretty normal then.

I want to know how people, of all beliefs, feel about these street preachers. I can respect them for believing in something so much that they get made fun of and mocked but I do NOT respect their methods of getting people to listen. Does a message like this make you want to go read the Bible and see if it is as crazy as these guys make it or does it just make people hate these "christians" even more?
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-07-2006, 08:37 PM #2
DEATHx2
village idiot

an anus in your rectum?!?!? shes ****in nuts
Old 12-07-2006, 08:38 PM #3
not_manbot_revenge

has been a member for 10 years
he was at FSU yesterday. he had a giant sign that said jesus hates sinners

AIM=angryjacks hit me up
Old 12-07-2006, 08:43 PM #4
UFG
Use ****ing Google

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEATHx2 View Post
an anus in your rectum?!?!? shes ****in nuts
Yea, she was hilarious. She gave us "story time" and told us stories for little kids. She talked to us as if we were 5 years old or so. She had a very soft voice when telling stories but then she would get all loud when she would say things like, "Thomas was a HELL BOUND SINNER JUST LIKE ALL OF YOU ARE, YOU MASTURBATERS, but he gave his life to Christ and never sinned again..."

It was pretty funny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by not_manbot_revenge View Post
he was at FSU yesterday. he had a giant sign that said jesus hates sinners
If you see him again, ask him about Neil Ballas... I'm curious to see if he remembers me.
Old 12-07-2006, 08:57 PM #5
graysonp
Me = Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFG View Post
I can respect them for believing in something so much that they get made fun of and mocked but I do NOT respect their methods of getting people to listen.
That's how I feel. It's good that they are trying to spread the message of Christianity to others, but they are going about it in the wrong way. It puts a bad image of Christianity in people's minds, and I personally don't agree with forcing Christianity on anyone. I don't think you should ever publicly, or privately, ridicule anyone's choices in life in the name of religion.
Old 12-07-2006, 09:03 PM #6
satanisanerd734
Steve Jobs is My Hero

As a Christian, I am sorry you had to be exposed to one man's stupidity.

Jesus LOVES sinners.

"When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name."
- Charles H. Spurgeon
Old 12-07-2006, 09:10 PM #7
UFG
Use ****ing Google

Quote:
Originally Posted by satanisanerd734 View Post
As a Christian, I am sorry you had to be exposed to one man's stupidity.

Jesus LOVES sinners.
Not all of them. He didn't love Esau.

There is nothing to be sorry about. I had a great time talking and debating with him. He made a comment about somebody going to hell because they had earings and tattoos and I tried to ask him about Jesus having a tattoo but he kept ignoring me. In the first video, you can see him blow me off saying, "Jesus didn't have a tattoo" but he didn't let me show him the verse. When we were one on one, I showed him Revelation 19:16 and he didn't have anything to back about Jesus having a tattoo when he returns. That was priceless.
Old 12-07-2006, 09:19 PM #8
satanisanerd734
Steve Jobs is My Hero

Quote:
Not all of them. He didn't love Esau.

There is nothing to be sorry about. I had a great time talking and debating with him. He made a comment about somebody going to hell because they had earings and tattoos and I tried to ask him about Jesus having a tattoo but he kept ignoring me. In the first video, you can see him blow me off saying, "Jesus didn't have a tattoo" but he didn't let me show him the verse. When we were one on one, I showed him Revelation 19:16 and he didn't have anything to back about Jesus having a tattoo when he returns. That was priceless.

Yeah, I love that verse.. Jesus comes back with "KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS" tattooed on his thigh.... how baller is that???

"When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name."
- Charles H. Spurgeon
Old 12-09-2006, 07:27 PM #9
dhbb05
Hehwwahhhh

i didnt know Jesus had a tatoo. and jesus doesnt hate sinners. he forgives if you ask for it, that guy shouldnt speak again

CAN TRADE ANY SKATEBOARD BRAND DECK(S) and wheels/trucks/bearings/grip for a new gat! PM ME

FEEDBACK
new feedback
old feedback
Old 12-09-2006, 07:41 PM #10
ipoppedtimmy
Tony

lol we have gary the pit preacher here at carolina.

I think he just does it to say really outlandish stuff to make people things. I doubt he really believes most of the stuff he says.

Last week was one of my favorites "If a woman tells a lie, its a mans duty to give her a love tap *motions a punch to the face*"

Buy my Fender Deluxe Tube Amp!
Buy My Autococker Paintball Package
Old 12-09-2006, 08:32 PM #11
Conqueror
ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD

Conqueror is a Moderator
Conqueror is a Supporting Member
Conqueror supports our troops
I lol'ed at "anus up your rectum."

CQ
Old 12-09-2006, 10:57 PM #12
UFG
Use ****ing Google

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhbb05 View Post
i didnt know Jesus had a tatoo. and jesus doesnt hate sinners. he forgives if you ask for it, that guy shouldnt speak again
Read Revelation 18-22 for a very interesting read about the return of Christ. He also pulls a doubled edged sword out of his mouth... badass.

About Jesus hating sinners... well that's not up for you to decide. Can you show me scripture where it says Jesus loves everybody or that God love everybody? Many scriptures say "world" but that does not mean every individual and would more accurately be translated as "nations" or maybe even "cultures". Check out Romans 9 and pay attention to verse 13.
Old 12-10-2006, 09:11 PM #13
Jackoblades
Its a cat, just a cat....

i dunno about you, but always sticking anuses up my rectum..
Poor Man Gun Whores Club #92
Rockin the pimped out FEP quest .
Atheist Baller #13

"Liberal Democrats don't want Praying in Schools. Why? Because prayer causes ignorance, and ignorance causes Republicans"

/\ Fixed
Old 12-11-2006, 09:01 AM #14
theycallmenacho

i wish i had been there...i love arguing with bigots.
Old 12-11-2006, 11:37 AM #15
Aggressive Bill

Quote:
About Jesus hating sinners... well that's not up for you to decide. Can you show me scripture where it says Jesus loves everybody or that God love everybody? Many scriptures say "world" but that does not mean every individual and would more accurately be translated as "nations" or maybe even "cultures". Check out Romans 9 and pay attention to verse 13.
Actually, that word hate in Greek is not the same as our word hate. Its a contrasting technique. He was contrasting Jacob and Esau. It was saying that he was pleased with Jacob and not with Esau and not that he hated Esau.

And sorry man, but when you see world in John 3:16 it means everyone. The Greek meaning of that word pretty much makes it clear that he does mean everyone. Plus you add in the fact that it says "whoever believes" is an open ended invitation. It means any and all who believe. There's more verses, but I don't wanna flood this place.

And those guys drive me nuts. They are wrong in their theology as Christians. Its those kind of people that give Christians a bad name.
Old 12-11-2006, 12:01 PM #16
Underfunded
Autonomous

Pft. Those aren't street preachers.

Besides, subway preachers are so much more hardcore than street preachers.

Apparently New York City is the street preachers mecca. Even the scientologists and satanists enjoy getting into the action.
Old 12-11-2006, 06:12 PM #17
UFG
Use ****ing Google

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggressive Bill View Post
And sorry man, but when you see world in John 3:16 it means everyone. The Greek meaning of that word pretty much makes it clear that he does mean everyone. Plus you add in the fact that it says "whoever believes" is an open ended invitation. It means any and all who believe. There's more verses, but I don't wanna flood this place.
I disagree but there really isn't any way to tell what gets lost or added in translation. I also don't believe that the "whoever believes" comment is an open invitation. It sure does mean any and all who believe but what makes somebody believe? What causes us to make this decision to believe in Christ while we're dead in our sin?
Old 12-11-2006, 06:14 PM #18
Jackoblades
Its a cat, just a cat....

Quote:
I disagree but there really isn't any way to tell what gets lost or added in translation. I also don't believe that the "whoever believes" comment is an open invitation. It sure does mean any and all who believe but what makes somebody believe? What causes us to make this decision to believe in Christ while we're dead in our sin?
i'm not stupid...i don't believe in dead carpenters.
Poor Man Gun Whores Club #92
Rockin the pimped out FEP quest .
Atheist Baller #13

"Liberal Democrats don't want Praying in Schools. Why? Because prayer causes ignorance, and ignorance causes Republicans"

/\ Fixed
Old 12-11-2006, 06:53 PM #19
chodeyg
sprezzatura

That's pretty funny. Also glad to see you go to UCF.
Old 12-11-2006, 09:23 PM #20
UFG
Use ****ing Google

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackoblades View Post
i'm not stupid...i don't believe in dead carpenters.
Whether or not you believe in God, Zues, Jesus, Satan, Zorothustra, or whoever has no correlation to your intelligence.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chodeyg View Post
That's pretty funny. Also glad to see you go to UCF.
UCF is lame. College is lame. Orlando is lame.
Old 12-11-2006, 09:25 PM #21
chodeyg
sprezzatura

Quote:

UCF is lame. College is lame. Orlando is lame.
Well I plan on going there, and my grades are hardly Ivy league material, I'm struggling with a 3.5 here. Besides, tuition is already prepaid, and no way in hell am I getting a scholarship.

But anyway, do you get the religious crowd there often?