Do you believe in the Bible? - PbNation
Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

View Poll Results: Do you believe in the Bible
Yes 94 43.32%
No 107 49.31%
Unsure 16 7.37%
Voters: 217. You may not vote on this poll

 
Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 12-07-2006, 08:58 PM #1
LayedPbPlayer
18b
 
LayedPbPlayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Fort Campbell
Do you believe in the Bible?

As stated in the title, pretty straightforward. If yes, why, if no, why, if unsure why.
And yes I do mean as a whole
__________________
Still alive
Airborne
5th SFG
De Oppresso Liber

Last edited by LayedPbPlayer : 12-07-2006 at 09:02 PM.
LayedPbPlayer is offline  
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-07-2006, 09:00 PM #2
caseytmev3 (Banned)
 
caseytmev3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
As a whole, no.
caseytmev3 is offline  
Old 12-07-2006, 09:02 PM #3
GoldEagle (Banned)
 
GoldEagle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Florida 321
No. Way to many contradictions. Genesis is, of course, completely false, Exodus has been disproven (earthquake/volcanic eruption near Santorini), The Gospels are easily argued against, and Revelation was just a man getting high in a cave.
GoldEagle is offline  
Old 12-07-2006, 09:03 PM #4
HammerTime
Black Wall Street
 
HammerTime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Mission Viejo, SoCal
 has been a member for 10 years
Nope. Nice story, though.
__________________
=]
HammerTime is offline  
Old 12-07-2006, 09:03 PM #5
LayedPbPlayer
18b
 
LayedPbPlayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Fort Campbell
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldEagle View Post
No. Way to many contradictions. Genesis is, of course, completely false, Exodus has been disproven (earthquake/volcanic eruption near Santorini), The Gospels are easily argued against, and Revelation was just a man getting high in a cave.
About how I feel
__________________
Still alive
Airborne
5th SFG
De Oppresso Liber
LayedPbPlayer is offline  
Old 12-07-2006, 09:06 PM #6
Kellster
Pretentious Hipster
 
Kellster's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Praha, Česká
No. What scares me is that 52% of all Americans believe the earth was created 6,000 years ago.
__________________
Alabama Football
Kentucky Basketball
Kellster is offline  
Old 12-07-2006, 09:07 PM #7
LayedPbPlayer
18b
 
LayedPbPlayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Fort Campbell
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellster View Post
No. What scares me is that 52% of all Americans believe the earth was created 6,000 years ago.
Link? I'm interested in this no shens just wanna read about it
__________________
Still alive
Airborne
5th SFG
De Oppresso Liber
LayedPbPlayer is offline  
Old 12-07-2006, 09:10 PM #8
Kellster
Pretentious Hipster
 
Kellster's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Praha, Česká
Quote:
Originally Posted by LayedPbPlayer View Post
Link? I'm interested in this no shens just wanna read about it
Get "Letter to a Christian Nation" by Sam Harris. Its only about ninety pages and it is phenomenal. Lots of interesting facts in there. I would give you a link but someone is borrowing my copy....
__________________
Alabama Football
Kentucky Basketball
Kellster is offline  
Old 12-07-2006, 09:11 PM #9
InspectorChao
 
 
InspectorChao's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: DC
It contradicts itself too much. No
InspectorChao is offline  
Old 12-07-2006, 09:11 PM #10
LayedPbPlayer
18b
 
LayedPbPlayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Fort Campbell
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellster View Post
Get "Letter to a Christian Nation" by Sam Harris. Its only about ninety pages and it is phenomenal. Lots of interesting facts in there. I would give you a link but someone is borrowing my copy....
Ok will do, I didn't think someone would be so ignorant to believe that
__________________
Still alive
Airborne
5th SFG
De Oppresso Liber
LayedPbPlayer is offline  
Old 12-07-2006, 09:13 PM #11
Mr.Goodkat
 
 
Mr.Goodkat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
the Bible my seem strange but i belive every last word of it
__________________
Marker Setup
06 Shocker SFT (black w/ silver parts)
-Velocity
-45/4500 Java carbon fiber tank
-14 inch Freak Barrel
Mr.Goodkat is offline  
Old 12-07-2006, 09:14 PM #12
Kellster
Pretentious Hipster
 
Kellster's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Praha, Česká
Quote:
Originally Posted by LayedPbPlayer View Post
Ok will do, I didn't think someone would be so ignorant to believe that
Oh yeah, do that. Lots of interesting bibical quotes and stats. For example, did you know that God endorsed slavery so long as slave holders did not beat their slaves so badly as to injure their eyesight or teeth? Also, if a man discovers that his wife is not a virgin on their wedding night he is to stone her to death at her father's doorstep. That is also straight from the Bible. Everyone should read that book.
__________________
Alabama Football
Kentucky Basketball
Kellster is offline  
Old 12-07-2006, 09:16 PM #13
LayedPbPlayer
18b
 
LayedPbPlayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Fort Campbell
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellster View Post
Oh yeah, do that. Lots of interesting bibical quotes and stats. For example, did you know that God endorsed slavery so long as slave holders did not beat their slaves so badly as to injure their eyesight or teeth? Also, if a man discovers that his wife is not a virgin on their wedding night he is to stone her to death at her father's doorstep. That is also straight from the Bible. Everyone should read that book.
Wow will a library hold it?
__________________
Still alive
Airborne
5th SFG
De Oppresso Liber
LayedPbPlayer is offline  
Old 12-07-2006, 09:16 PM #14
Spaghetti Monster
Flying Spaghetti Monster
 
Spaghetti Monster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
I enjoy the parables and think many moral lessons can be learned from the bible.

But literal interpritation is somewhat ridiculous. If every word in the bible is the infallible word of god, then the world is 6000 years old, there were never any dinosaurs, and Eve was created from Adam's rib.
__________________
Touched by his noodly appendage.
Spaghetti Monster is offline  
Old 12-07-2006, 09:16 PM #15
caseytmev3 (Banned)
 
caseytmev3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellster View Post
Oh yeah, do that. Lots of interesting bibical quotes and stats. For example, did you know that God endorsed slavery so long as slave holders did not beat their slaves so badly as to injure their eyesight or teeth? Also, if a man discovers that his wife is not a virgin on their wedding night he is to stone her to death at her father's doorstep. That is also straight from the Bible. Everyone should read that book.



Or just pick up a bible or an online bible and read Leviticus and Deuteronomy...

Last edited by caseytmev3 : 12-07-2006 at 09:19 PM.
caseytmev3 is offline  
Old 12-07-2006, 09:17 PM #16
Kellster
Pretentious Hipster
 
Kellster's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Praha, Česká
Quote:
Originally Posted by LayedPbPlayer View Post
Wow will a library hold it?
Possibly. Its gotten a lot of media attention.
__________________
Alabama Football
Kentucky Basketball
Kellster is offline  
Old 12-07-2006, 09:17 PM #17
LayedPbPlayer
18b
 
LayedPbPlayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Fort Campbell
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaghetti Monster View Post
I enjoy the parables and think many moral lessons can be learned from the bible.

But literal interpritation is somewhat ridiculous. If every word in the bible is the infallible word of god, then the world is 6000 years old, there were never any dinosaurs, and Eve was created from Adam's rib.
This brings up somethin I learned back in bio class in 10th grade. Males and females have the same amount of ribs
__________________
Still alive
Airborne
5th SFG
De Oppresso Liber

Last edited by LayedPbPlayer : 12-07-2006 at 09:25 PM.
LayedPbPlayer is offline  
Old 12-07-2006, 09:31 PM #18
ChuckLove
Paintball?
 
ChuckLove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: In a Yellow Submarine
I believe that it is a book of lies made to strike fear and false hopes in the hearts of billions. (IMO)
__________________
"Originally posted by Gazz: knock knock

whos there

not your apex seals....."
ChuckLove is offline  
Old 12-07-2006, 09:32 PM #19
DEATHx2
village idiot
 
DEATHx2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckLove View Post
I believe that it is a book of lies made to strike fear and false hopes in the hearts of billions. (IMO)

i figure that AND some dude looking to make some cash
DEATHx2 is offline  
Old 12-07-2006, 09:33 PM #20
Duke of Advil
 
 
Duke of Advil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Yes I believe the Bible to be true. I was in the same mind frame as alot of you, trying to keep myself as far from God as I could. My life was sin, and sin was my life. Then God gave me an oppturnity to know he was real. The change in my heart was a complete 180, a turn around. While I am far from sinless, it is not the desire of my heart to live as I once had.You can try to point out mistakes in the Bible But look how many times science changes its mind on their version of truth. Humans are trying to fully explan the mind of God who is soo far above us we could never completly understand him.
Duke of Advil is offline  
Old 12-07-2006, 09:34 PM #21
UFG
Use ****ing Google
 
UFG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: The web.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellster View Post
No. What scares me is that 52% of all Americans believe the earth was created 6,000 years ago.
What does that have to do with the bible? No where in the bible does it ever say the Earth has only been around for 4000 years. If people interpret this from the creation story, that is their problem and not the bible's.
UFG is offline  
 




Posting Rules
Forum Jump