Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 12-08-2006, 12:18 PM #22
Aggressive Bill

When a mother gives birth, she knows full well that the child will experience hard times. She knows they will get hurt and feel pain. Does that make it the parents' fault? Nah.

Bad things happen. That's the consequence of sin being in the world. Could God stop it? Yup. Sometimes he does. Sometimes he doesn't. I lost a grandmother to cancer. She loved God with all her heart and yet died in a very painful way. My family asked where God was. It was the way that my grandmother was when she was close to dying that strengthened my family's belief in God. And life came out of that situation. The same way many good things happen out of bad things.

Look at 9/11. To this day New York is changed. And for a brief time, the country changed the way it looked at things. So many good things came out of that horrible day. Don't look at bad things as a sign that God doesn't care. Its a sign that we do need God.
Old 12-08-2006, 12:21 PM #23
Pb_Herman
\/ Where I want to be

has been a member for 10 years
reminds me of the book of Job
Old 12-08-2006, 12:22 PM #24
disinformation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eulogy View Post
Holy work? Damn i'll have some of whatever your smoking...

It's called Kind Bud. Illegal in the states though so be careful.
Old 12-08-2006, 12:38 PM #25
Conqueror
ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD

Conqueror is a Moderator
Conqueror is a Supporting Member
Conqueror supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggressive Bill View Post
Bad things happen. That's the consequence of sin being in the world. Could God stop it? Yup. Sometimes he does. Sometimes he doesn't.
I don't buy it. I'll tell you a story Doc Nickel told me, a long time ago (Doc's also a staunch atheist). Some guy told a story about how he had a major heart attack, but one of his relatives came over just in time to call 911 and save his life. He told Doc, "I know God exists because he saved my life that day." Doc pulled out the newspaper, which had a story of a nice old grandfather who had died of a massive heart attack on his kitchen floor, and his body had lain there for over three weeks decomposing before someone found it. Doc asked the guy point-blank, "What do you think it was that made God save you and let a loving grandfather die and rot for three weeks of the same condition?" He has yet to get an answer.

I think god is a cop-out. Win the lottery? God wanted me to have this money. Don't win the lottery? God didn't want this money in my hands. Kid gets drunk and drives his car into a tree, killing all 5 of his passegners? God wanted them in heaven. God is just a cop-out, an easy excuse to remove human responsibility for our actions.

(I may have missed some details of the story, but the main story is accurate to what Doc told.)

CQ

Last edited by Conqueror : 12-08-2006 at 12:40 PM.
Old 12-08-2006, 12:40 PM #26
Eulogy (Banned)
batter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conqueror View Post
I don't buy it. I'll tell you a story Doc Nickel told me, a long time ago (Doc's also a staunch atheist). Some guy told a story about how he had a major heart attack, but one of his relatives came over just in time to call 911 and save his life. He told Doc, "I know God exists because he saved my life that day." Doc pulled out the newspaper, which had a story of a nice old grandfather who had died of a massive heart attack on his kitchen floor, and his body had lain there for over three weeks decomposing before someone found it. Doc asked the guy point-blank, "What do you think it was that made God save you and let a loving grandfather die and rot for three weeks of the same condition?" He has yet to get an answer.

(I may have missed some details of the story, but the main story is accurate to what Doc told.)

CQ
I <3 CQ
Old 12-08-2006, 01:02 PM #27
Hoytie
F=ma. Believe it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conqueror View Post

I think god is a cop-out. Win the lottery? God wanted me to have this money. Don't win the lottery? God didn't want this money in my hands. Kid gets drunk and drives his car into a tree, killing all 5 of his passegners? God wanted them in heaven. God is just a cop-out, an easy excuse to remove human responsibility for our actions.

CQ
I'm a firm Christian and I completely agree that that kind of evidence is not evidence at all.

joel.hoyt@gmail.com
Old 12-08-2006, 01:39 PM #28
flarkey25
Raging Weasel

Quote:
Originally Posted by disinformation View Post
Maybe he needed those children in heaven to do some holy work. You never know. Also, God didn't intend for us as humans to put our children in steel traps moving at 40mph. This was a human failure.
but doesn't it say in the Bible that God is a perfect God? If God was a perfect God, and he meant to create us in his image, wouldn't he have also made us perfect, removing the room for human failure?
Old 12-08-2006, 01:44 PM #29
drefish99
Baby Jesus FTW!!!

Annual Supporting Member
drefish99 is a Mega Moderator
drefish99 is a Supporting Member
drefish99 is BST Legit
We were perfect.
Romans 6:23
“God never promises to remove us from our struggles. He does promise, however, to change the way we look at them.”-Max Lucado

Well the thing I find most amazing
In amazing grace
Is the chance to give it out
Maybe that's what love is all about

The most he did was die for me, the least I can do is live for him.
Old 12-08-2006, 01:44 PM #30
Hoytie
F=ma. Believe it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flarkey25 View Post
but doesn't it say in the Bible that God is a perfect God? If God was a perfect God, and he meant to create us in his image, wouldn't he have also made us perfect, removing the room for human failure?
You didn't just dismantle several thousand years of Judaism and Christianity.

joel.hoyt@gmail.com
Old 12-08-2006, 01:48 PM #31
flarkey25
Raging Weasel

Quote:
Originally Posted by drefish99 View Post
We were perfect.
Then what happened, did he give up?
Old 12-08-2006, 01:55 PM #32
drefish99
Baby Jesus FTW!!!

Annual Supporting Member
drefish99 is a Mega Moderator
drefish99 is a Supporting Member
drefish99 is BST Legit
Quote:
Originally Posted by flarkey25 View Post
Then what happened, did he give up?
Who gave up? It was free will. We chose to disobey God . The perfect design destined for failure. Sounds like Johnny 5.
Romans 6:23
“God never promises to remove us from our struggles. He does promise, however, to change the way we look at them.”-Max Lucado

Well the thing I find most amazing
In amazing grace
Is the chance to give it out
Maybe that's what love is all about

The most he did was die for me, the least I can do is live for him.
Old 12-08-2006, 01:58 PM #33
flarkey25
Raging Weasel

Well why didn't he just take away free will if he really wanted to save everyone... Seems like a decent choice to me. He wants everyone to get into heaven, but the majority of us will never make it based on freewill... Take away our freewill and he's saving all of his children instead of a vast minority...
Old 12-08-2006, 04:11 PM #34
carp
Back To The Deathstar

because its not about getting everyone into heaven im guessing most of you saw Constantine but it says thats its a fued between god and satan, gods purpose in giving us free will to make bad decisions or to not was to show to satan that he is all powerful and that his people will follow him instead of satan
Old 12-08-2006, 05:26 PM #35
ak907 (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by caseytmev3 View Post
Did you look when you clicked to enter this forum? Here, I'll make it easy for you

Religion
Above all else, there needs to be respect.
im telling you what i believe. respect my opinion.
Old 12-08-2006, 05:32 PM #36
Jckdarippr

When Adam and Eve sinned against God, they introduced sin to the world. Since God is pure and perfect, he cannot allow sin into his kingdom. That is why people who live their lives a good person but reject Jesus as the Messiah and Savior who died for our sins will go to Hell because only through Jesus is that possible.

Now I've heard this an awful lot of times, if God love his children, us, why would he allow such horrible things happen to us? A really good book to read in the bible is Job, a man who was righteous and pure of heart and worshipped God, and lost everything because Satan made a bet with God that Job would curse God's name if he lost everything. And yeah, Job became bitter at all his misfortune, lost his house, money, family etc, and God appears to him...angry. Yeah...angry. Basically he says, I am GOD, I created the earth in 7 days, I created the heavens, the stars, the whole UNIVERSE. Who are you to be angry about your misfortunes and hardships? What is God to you? An ethereal being who's only out there to keep you happy? What is your happiness compared to the awesome power of God? Try to wrap your head around the idea of God. He calls all the shots here, we are at his mercy, he is...God.

FEEDBACK
Old 12-08-2006, 06:02 PM #37
Aggressive Bill

Here's one that many people don't want to wrap their minds around. Its offensive to some Christians even, but I know ST can handle it.

God never promises our lives to be all bunnies and duckies. We can be Christians and go through some tough crap. However, he promises to be there for us when its tough.

When we have difficulties, there's reasons behind it. Sometimes its our choices or the choices of others affecting us. Sometimes its a horrible situation that isn't any fault of our own. There are so many lessons and good things that can come out of the bad though. In fact, some of our greatest lessons have to come out of the worst situations. I know personally I've grown more through the hard times than the easy times. I'm thankful for them.
Old 12-08-2006, 06:07 PM #38
Hoytie
F=ma. Believe it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggressive Bill View Post
Here's one that many people don't want to wrap their minds around. Its offensive to some Christians even, but I know ST can handle it.

God never promises our lives to be all bunnies and duckies. We can be Christians and go through some tough crap. However, he promises to be there for us when its tough.

When we have difficulties, there's reasons behind it. Sometimes its our choices or the choices of others affecting us. Sometimes its a horrible situation that isn't any fault of our own. There are so many lessons and good things that can come out of the bad though. In fact, some of our greatest lessons have to come out of the worst situations. I know personally I've grown more through the hard times than the easy times. I'm thankful for them.
Good call. I hope that doesn't offend Christians. Paul wrote half the Bible and he was shipwrecked 3 times, thrown in jail, bitten by snakes. Try to tell him it's all.....bunnies and duckies.

joel.hoyt@gmail.com
Old 12-08-2006, 06:09 PM #39
ak907 (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by disinformation View Post
It's called Kind Bud. Illegal in the states though so be careful.
kind bud? lol

anyways, i was wondering. what is the only unforgivable sin?
Old 12-08-2006, 06:14 PM #40
Tippmann playa
Workin' dat insulin spike

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamey79 View Post
lately ive been into some things that arent exactly smiled upon by society/god. A few drugs alot to drink and a decent amount of violence. I still go to church here and there and i have been to confession, but i still dont believe im gonna make it to heaven. I feel like god isn't as forgiving as everyone assumes and only the pure are allowed in heaven. anyone understand where im comming from? like god isnt looking for scumbags turned saints hes looking for the real live by the lord type.

i'd like to make a edit: im not into a single religion i beleive god is made up of parts of all religions like he has a certain aspect each religion shows. i go to a christian church and my coffessions have all been made at a christian church but im not a christian.
god forgives all sin no matter how big or little. Pray and ask for forgiveness for your sins and achknowledge the fact that he is the son of christ and dided on the cross for our sins and just act like a good christian

edit: not every sin but you know what im getting at

"Originally posted by pillowpants: i dont know how to decipher this chart, then again, i do go to a community college."
"Originally posted by Mr.AmaZiN: did you just use an apostrophe for want?"
"Originally posted by pb123456789: Or call her a **** and proceed to textrape her."
"Originally posted by dualimpact: They haven't walked in on me but they know, I'm a screamer."
Old 12-08-2006, 06:15 PM #41
ak907 (Banned)

so i could kill everyone and everything in the world, and still get into heaven?

wouldnt there be some controversy once i get to the gates? im sure people wouldnt want me in
Old 12-08-2006, 06:16 PM #42
Aggressive Bill

The bible says blasphemy of the holy spirit. Many people twist that into a lot of stuff, but it simply means those that do not believe in Christ. Why is it unforgivable? You die before asking forgiveness therefor unforgivable. You don't give a rip about Christ and therefore never ask for forgiveness.

Just for giggles if you ever wanna look it up the only unforgivable sin is found in Luke 12:10, Matthew 3:9, and Matthew 12:31-32.