Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-05-2012, 02:14 PM #64
Cracker_35
Saltine or Graham?

Annual Supporting Member
Cracker_35 has achieved Level 5 in PbNation Pursuit
Cracker_35 is Legendary
What if it's leaking from the front and back?
I guess I'm just screwed.
Cracker_35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 07:46 AM #65
larsonle

Hey everyone, so I recently bought a used 07' PMR with a bunch of upgrades off of this forum (http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3855089) and I went to go play paintball yesterday and we could not get the marker to shoot at all. At first there was air leaking from the back bolt, so I had some of the refs/tech guys there help me lube the bolt as well as put all brand new o-rings on the bolt. This fixed the leaking issue, which I definitely thought was the issue, nope wrong... still would not fire at all. At one point I was also getting a flashing green/red light and so I put in a brand new 9-volt battery and that went away. I turned the tank in all of the way and then released it 2.5 turns and still no luck. When test firing I turned off the eyes and it wouldn't fire. I'm pretty disappointed to say the least considering the price I paid for a used PMR.

You guys have any idea what's going on? I ended up leaving my marker at the field yesterday for the owner to take a look at it. I've also contacted the seller and he promised that it worked 5 minutes before shipping it out.

Last edited by larsonle : 08-26-2012 at 08:35 AM.
larsonle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 11:11 AM #66
Feloniousnick

Feloniousnick plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by larsonle View Post
Hey everyone, so I recently bought a used 07' PMR with a bunch of upgrades off of this forum (http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3855089) and I went to go play paintball yesterday and we could not get the marker to shoot at all. At first there was air leaking from the back bolt, so I had some of the refs/tech guys there help me lube the bolt as well as put all brand new o-rings on the bolt. This fixed the leaking issue, which I definitely thought was the issue, nope wrong... still would not fire at all. At one point I was also getting a flashing green/red light and so I put in a brand new 9-volt battery and that went away. I turned the tank in all of the way and then released it 2.5 turns and still no luck. When test firing I turned off the eyes and it wouldn't fire. I'm pretty disappointed to say the least considering the price I paid for a used PMR.

You guys have any idea what's going on? I ended up leaving my marker at the field yesterday for the owner to take a look at it. I've also contacted the seller and he promised that it worked 5 minutes before shipping it out.
If you just turn it on with no air, eyes off, and fire can you hear the solenoid clicking? If it is re-lubed, has air, eyes working, but the bolt just isn't cycling then it may be the solenoid. I would suggest cleaning and resetting the regulator too.
Feloniousnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 11:56 AM #67
kwik
Herbal Cultivar M.D.

Annual Supporting Member
kwik is a Supporting Member
kwik is playing at Living Legends VI
kwik is playing at Living Legends VII
kwik supports Team VICIOUS
kwik supports Pev's Paintball
kwik is Legendary
kwik supports Empire
do everything felonious said and also check the dwell, even if you havent been playing with the settings I have seen a few people who have everything set right except dwell and if it got turned too low the noid will click but the bolt wont move.

ICD-Owners
kwik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 03:55 PM #68
larsonle

Hey guys the solenoid is definitely working and I set the dwell to the max setting of 40 and still no luck.
larsonle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 11:22 PM #69
kwik
Herbal Cultivar M.D.

Annual Supporting Member
kwik is a Supporting Member
kwik is playing at Living Legends VI
kwik is playing at Living Legends VII
kwik supports Team VICIOUS
kwik supports Pev's Paintball
kwik is Legendary
kwik supports Empire
hm, it is going to be tough without going over it in person, def return the board to stock settings....assuming it is a stock bolt I assume you have made sure everything is lined up correctly when sliding the bolt back in? that oring around the 3 holes needs to line up right.

So to review, no more leak when aired up, tank is screwed in all the way, board settings are stock, fresh battery, fresh orings and lube.....

HPR is ok? I assume the seller said it was working good when he sold it? With all the above checked only thing I can think is to recheck all the rings once more, especially if you're sure the noid is fine. Also double check all your wire connections, make sure nothing is loose, pinched or have a broken solder somewhere, I am not super familiar with the stock frame.

ICD-Owners
kwik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:35 PM #70
dyeeepaintballlllll

dyeeepaintballlllll owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
dyeeepaintballlllll supports Team VICIOUS
dyeeepaintballlllll has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
dyeeepaintballlllll supports DLX Technology
every time i shoot my 2011 rail air comes out of what seems like the board and the ball doesnt even make it out the barrel and the bolt does move
dyeeepaintballlllll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 02:37 PM #71
Chucks719

I don't know how much help I can get but here I have a pmr with a barrel leak
It's bad
It fires, so I don't think it's the noid but it has a huge leak
I have replaced the whole bolt assembly because my end cap was stripped
Can anyone help me? This gun is kicking my behind
Chucks719 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 02:57 PM #72
krazynuttz23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucks719 View Post
I don't know how much help I can get but here I have a pmr with a barrel leak
It's bad
It fires, so I don't think it's the noid but it has a huge leak
I have replaced the whole bolt assembly because my end cap was stripped
Can anyone help me? This gun is kicking my behind
It might be your solenoid seal. Replace that and make sure you don't tighten it too much or it won't seal properly. Let me know if you need more assistance. I'd be happy to tech it for free if you still can't figure it out.
krazynuttz23 is offline   Reply With Quote