Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 12-29-2012, 09:47 AM #1
Absently (Banned)
Gun Stands in Sig $13

Absently has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Absently is attending Decay of Nations VI
Exclamation I FIX PROTOs

I fix proto guns from pm9 to present and all reflexes. Or if you have any questions, just ask! Thanks!

If you have any problems or questions regarding parts fitting, ect., just reply on here and I'll help you.
Absently is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-29-2012, 11:55 PM #2
mymutter
I crack myself up!

mymutter is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absently View Post
I fix proto guns from pm9 to present and all reflexes. Or if you have any questions, just ask! Thanks!

If you have any problems or questions regarding parts fitting, ect., just reply on here and I'll help you.

You do know there is no such think as a PM9, right?

pm5/6/7/8

Or do you mean 09PMR sometimes called a PMR09??

Last edited by mymutter : 12-30-2012 at 10:22 AM.
mymutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 02:07 PM #3
Absently (Banned)
Gun Stands in Sig $13

Absently has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Absently is attending Decay of Nations VI
Quote:
Originally Posted by mymutter View Post
You do know there is no such think as a PM9, right?

pm5/6/7/8

Or do you mean 09PMR sometimes called a PMR09??
Yeah my bad!
Absently is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 08:30 PM #4
shadowalker

Question Reflex operating pressure question

Hi Absently, glad to know your out there and willing to answer proto questions. I've resently bought a 2012 reflex and a hyper 3 reg tester. I found when I get the psi to 156 the gun starts to hiss very softly from the body between the trigger frame, at 160 it hisses pretty loud. Is this normal for reflexes? I dont have a chronograph so I wont be able to tell you the fps til this saturday when I get to the field. Thanks
shadowalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 09:46 PM #5
PalmHarborPirates (Banned)

PalmHarborPirates is playing at Living Legends V
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowalker View Post
Hi Absently, glad to know your out there and willing to answer proto questions. I've resently bought a 2012 reflex and a hyper 3 reg tester. I found when I get the psi to 156 the gun starts to hiss very softly from the body between the trigger frame, at 160 it hisses pretty loud. Is this normal for reflexes? I dont have a chronograph so I wont be able to tell you the fps til this saturday when I get to the field. Thanks
I am the original poster , Absentlyy

But try this
1) take the bolt out
2) use a cloth and take the lube off
3) relube using the dy slick lube.
PalmHarborPirates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 11:46 AM #6
pushc6

Quote:
You can try re-lubing the bolt, and pay special attention to the bolt sail o-rings. Inspect for any damage.

Try swapping out the battery, it can do weird things with the solenoid.

If none of those work isolate where the leak is coming from. Grip frame leaking can either come from a couple of bolts that block air passages in the body, or the solenoid itself. To check this, separate the body from the frame and air it up and listen to where it's coming from. It will be pretty clear at that point if it's coming from the solenoid or the screws in the body. If it's the solenoid there is a gasket that may need to be lubed, or replaced. If it's the screws, de-gas, loctite, and screw back in. If none of those help, the solenoid itself may need to be replaced.

You the first owner? How many cases through it roughly?
pushc6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 12:48 PM #7
shadowalker

no change

I removed the bolt, dissambled, clean'd and relubed and no change, still hissing at 156psi.
How high a psi should I be able to get to with the reflex? My tester only goes to 200psi and default pressure is 150psi but I thought i should at least be able to ge to 170 without any issues. Any toughts?
Old 01-11-2013, 01:22 PM #8

Quote:
I removed the bolt, dissambled, clean'd and relubed and no change, still hissing at 156psi.
it should be at 120 psi.

But (not trying to be rude) this is probably your first mid range gun, right? And you really shouldn't assume it's not working until you chrono and make sure it shoots correctly. Try and shoot it, and if it still happens, lmk.

But yeah like the guy above me said, check orings. Then try and separate it. It's always best to find out exactly, or really close to where it is leaking from.
Old 01-11-2013, 01:54 PM #9
pushc6

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmHarborPirates View Post
it should be at 120 psi.

But (not trying to be rude) this is probably your first mid range gun, right? And you really shouldn't assume it's not working until you chrono and make sure it shoots correctly. Try and shoot it, and if it still happens, lmk.

But yeah like the guy above me said, check orings. Then try and separate it. It's always best to find out exactly, or really close to where it is leaking from.
Not trying to be rude, but ERRRR WRONG! And even if that were true, the solenoid should not hiss until it hits around 190-200 where it bleeds off excess pressure to prevent damage. Have you ever actually worked on a proto gun before? lol

Shadow, pull the frame off the gun and air it up and find the source of the leak. At this point my money is on the solenoid gasket. 140-160 is a normal operating pressure for the reflex so it shouldn't be leaking at that pressure.

Last edited by pushc6 : 01-11-2013 at 02:08 PM.
Old 01-11-2013, 02:47 PM #10
shadowalker

It's a brand new gun. I'm the first owner and this is my first electronic marker. There is about a case through it...I know there is a 2000 shot breakin for the hyper 3 regulator and that the hyper 3 operates as low as 120psi if it's connected to a Boost bolt in an NT; But the reflex and the DM use Fuse bolts that operate as low as 145psi. I wasn't asumming it wasn't working but sensed something wasn't right. I was affraid it might be the solenoid gasket since I don't have a spare.
Pushc6- I'll try what you suggest....... Do you think it would be alright to use it as is ( at 150psi) and put about a case through it tomorrow or could I cause serious damage to my marker?
Old 01-11-2013, 03:46 PM #11

Quote:
It's a brand new gun. I'm the first owner and this is my first electronic marker. There is about a case through it...I know there is a 2000 shot breakin for the hyper 3 regulator and that the hyper 3 operates as low as 120psi if it's connected to a Boost bolt in an NT; But the reflex and the DM use Fuse bolts that operate as low as 145psi. I wasn't asumming it wasn't working but sensed something wasn't right. I was affraid it might be the solenoid gasket since I don't have a spare.
Pushc6- I'll try what you suggest....... Do you think it would be alright to use it as is ( at 150psi) and put about a case through it tomorrow or could I cause serious damage to my marker?
No it shouldn't. I've had leaked from there befor and it was fine
Old 01-11-2013, 04:53 PM #12
speedy2k4
BSH University

speedy2k4 is a Supporting Member
Don't always trust what a single gauge tells you. I've got three 200psi gauges that read 0psi at 0psi, but will tell you 150psi when the pressure is really over 200. They've all been overpressurized in the past.

Turn it down until the leak stops, then see what it chrono's at before you start tearing things apart.

Last edited by speedy2k4 : 01-11-2013 at 04:56 PM.
speedy2k4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 05:40 PM #13
pushc6

Quote:
If it's truly at 150 psi, then yea you will be fine. I have had a slow leak on mine as a result of a bad gasket and the only result was it being a little less consistent than normal. I'm about to replace it as we speak.

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy2k4 View Post
Don't always trust what a single gauge tells you. I've got three 200psi gauges that read 0psi at 0psi, but will tell you 150psi when the pressure is really over 200. They've all been overpressurized in the past.

Turn it down until the leak stops, then see what it chrono's at before you start tearing things apart.
This, or what you can do is "reset" your reg to the factory setting. Which I believe is all the way out then 1.5 turns in. That should put the reg right around 150ish psi and there shouldn't be any leaks. If it still leaks, dial it back some more, if it takes a lot of dialing back before it stops then it's likely the gasket or you got a bad solenoid (it's not extremely uncommon). But definitely chrono it to be sure. If you can't get to one for a while, you can "redneck" chrono it by standing 50 feet away from some mark (tree, bush, box, etc) and hold the barrel parallel and 5 feet off the ground. Shoot a ball and it should hit the ground right near whatever you put 50 feet away from you, that would be 300 fps. It goes further - it's shooting hotter, falls before - shooting slower.

It isn't hard to check for it being the solenoid or the screws, it's two frame screws. Just be careful when putting it back together you don't pinch the eye or solenoid wires.

Last edited by pushc6 : 01-11-2013 at 05:44 PM.
Old 01-11-2013, 08:10 PM #14
shadowalker

Thanks for all the help guys, really appreciate it. I'm planning to get out there tomorrow, chrono it and play a few games. I'll let you know how it goes and take it from there.
Old 01-14-2013, 07:06 PM #15
shadowalker

Got out to the field the other day and chrono'd the marker, it was a little all over the place but the average velocity was around 185fps with lows like 150 and high of 305. Took the marker apart after and checked the solenoid gasket...it looked fine, no obvious damage to the gasket. clean'd it up relubed and reattached solenoid firmly....gased it up while off the frame but couldn't tell exactly where it's leaking from. Going to take a close inspection of that bolt sail oring and probably just change it out....if that don't work going to get a hold of Paintballgear canada where I bought it, they guarantee there markers. Thanks again guys!
Old 01-15-2013, 07:51 AM #16
pushc6

It should be pretty clear with the grip frame off the gun if the air is escaping through the solenoid. With the body off the frame you can pretty much isolate the leak to the front or back.

How much lube are you putting on your bolt? Double check the bolt sail orings and the blue oring inside the back half and the orange oring in the can. Also check the green oring on the outside of the back half where it screws on and the last oring before the bolt sail orings on the bolt.
Old 01-17-2013, 08:25 PM #17
shadowalker

Only putting enough lube to make the orings look wet. And it is leaking from the solenoid. I have sent it in to have a tech look at it, Paintballgear.ca is a great company and they're glad to take a look at it, and fix it for free or give me a new marker if they can't. Thanks for all your help Pushc6, just thought it best to send it in rather than tinker with it as a newb.
Old 01-17-2013, 08:40 PM #18
pushc6

Quote:
Only putting enough lube to make the orings look wet. And it is leaking from the solenoid. I have sent it in to have a tech look at it, Paintballgear.ca is a great company and they're glad to take a look at it, and fix it for free or give me a new marker if they can't. Thanks for all your help Pushc6, just thought it best to send it in rather than tinker with it as a newb.
Safe choice, no problem. Hope it all gets squared away!
Old 01-25-2013, 09:04 PM #19
juztinrf

Mines leaking its *** off out of the bolt cap...ljust bought from a guy and first it was fine, shot about ten balls one by one with maybe a sec between shots. Then started walking the triggerand about 5 balls into it air just started blowing out back cap..when i stopped it stopped leaking then shot fine slowly. Ripped up on ghe trigger and it happend again. I removed the bolt and wiped old paint and stuff down(hadnt been fired or cleaned since last time he used it in two years) then lubed it with my techt gunsav and put it back in..now the bastard leaks lulike a sun of a ***** without even turning the gun on much less only when walking the trigger. I know the gaskets are old and havent been lubed but they just look so good still and he said he used to lube it just never cleaned it last time he played so its hard to belive the orings are bad. Idk much about pmr's...i have a g3 that i can work on with eyes closed tho. Also how do u ensure the hole in the rail lines up with the hole in the bolt properly??
juztinrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 11:03 AM #20
Crimmins

Check the o-rings for wear none the less. Pay more attention to the two rings at the back of the bolt. Also for most Proto guns, I'd suggest Hater Marmalade or Monkey Poo over Tech-T gunsav. The Tech-T lube is a bit thin for the Proto's I found... But that's just my opinion.
Crimmins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 01:12 AM #21
juztinrf

Does anybodyyy know if the solenoid gasket for an 09 will work in what i believe mine is an 08 pmr se!!??? I cant find a gasket anywhereeee online but for 07 and 09 they are everywheree
juztinrf is offline   Reply With Quote