Old 12-07-2006, 03:01 PM #1
PhantomGhost
Fraggle Rocker

Annual Supporting Member
PhantomGhost donated to help Peyton Trent
PhantomGhost supports our troops
PhantomGhost is reppin' sidebar 4 life
The Other Side

So I have heard many stories about how someone dies and sees the bright lights, the pretty fields, and so on. How come we (read I) never hear about those expierences but with the darker side. There are a couple ideas that have popped into my mind of why but I would like to hear others.

Hear are mine:

1) The near death expierences with the pretty things are just false. They are seeing something that is not there as their minds are playing tricks on them. Since the human brain can not function with out oxygen we have a safety trigger that makes us feel safe and see things that are not there to allow is to pass away more comfortable.

2) They are real and the reason we don't hear about the bad ones is the Devil will not let someone come back once he has his hands on them. The "good" type are when the Lord is giving them another reason to return. The Devil has no reason to let someone continue on as they may become saved and he will lose them forever (kinda makes you wonder.)

BTW: How pissed off would you be if you were walking with the Lord in the most perfect place and all of a sudden you are back on earth! I would be very upset that I was taken from a perfect place and put back on earth. Think of Lazerous (sp?) He was dead for how many days? Then he was brought back. You know he woke up and was thinking.....crap...I was with the Lord and in a perfect place. Now I am in the dark tomb and have to live in a world of pain.
Advertisement
Old 12-07-2006, 03:04 PM #2
disinformation

an old family friend told my mother that she died on the operating table briefly and they brought her back to life. she said she saw angels, and when they brought her back to life, she pleaded with the dr to let her die.

who knows.
Old 12-08-2006, 09:31 PM #3
Hoytie
F=ma. Believe it.

has been a member for 10 years
It could be just that when the brain is close to crapping out it just fires all at once and we see lights and feel good.

Yeah, I'm thinking when Jesus raised Lazarus He MUST have taken away his memory of heaven or else earth would probably be unbearable.

joel.hoyt@gmail.com
Old 12-09-2006, 10:31 AM #4
JoshGrrrr
@!?#%&$

JoshGrrrr is a Supporting Member
JoshGrrrr is playing at Living Legends III
JoshGrrrr supports our troops
I agree with your first guess. I think they either are making it up (who wants to make up that they went to hell?), or they are just seeing a naturally occuring phenomenon and are confusing it for something with religious meaning.
Old 12-09-2006, 11:23 AM #5
TPB_Bubbles
Veritas Vos Liberabit

Only one way to find out...

"Upstream, small redirectons of flow, downstream everything shifts."
Old 12-09-2006, 01:40 PM #6
PhantomGhost
Fraggle Rocker

Annual Supporting Member
PhantomGhost donated to help Peyton Trent
PhantomGhost supports our troops
PhantomGhost is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshGrrrr View Post
I agree with your first guess. I think they either are making it up (who wants to make up that they went to hell?), or they are just seeing a naturally occuring phenomenon and are confusing it for something with religious meaning.
Yea...that is the way I lean too. Just just like he said....only one way to find out!
Old 12-09-2006, 01:58 PM #7
Hero
Stashy Pow Brah

Hero is a founding member
Hero plays in the PSP
Hero plays in the APPA D4 division
The near death experience has been disproven, basically by your first option. When oxygen is cut off to the brain a person will hallucinate in a sense...experienceing bright lights, and so on. This has been tested on with astronauts in the G-Force chambers when they blacked out they said they had afterlife-like experiences.