Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 12-08-2006, 02:41 PM #43
flarkey25
Raging Weasel

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by drefish99 View Post
You weren't created as a sinner. You were created perfect.
If we were perfect by your standards when we were created, then why do we still sin? Freewill? Then we weren't created perfect if we were given the ability to choose evil things...
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-08-2006, 02:41 PM #44
drefish99
Baby Jesus FTW!!!

Annual Supporting Member
drefish99 is a Mega Moderator
drefish99 is a Supporting Member
According to literalist Christian theology, God originally created a perfect world - Adam and Eve, the first couple, living together in harmony with every other living creature in the paradisical Garden of Eden. However, we are told, Adam and Eve rebelled against their creator, eating from the tree of knowledge of good and evil in defiance of his command, and for their sin they were expelled from Paradise, condemned to live lives of toil, suffering and death. Nor did the repercussions of their deed end there, we are further told. According to the fundamentalists, we all bear the mark of Adam and Eve's original sin and share responsibility for their transgression. We are all inherently sinful beings, trapped in our rebellion, unable to obey God's laws and unable to live up to his uncompromising standard of holiness. Thus, the argument concludes, we can only be saved by trusting in the redemption of Jesus Christ, which God has so generously provided for us.
Romans 6:23
“God never promises to remove us from our struggles. He does promise, however, to change the way we look at them.”-Max Lucado

Well the thing I find most amazing
In amazing grace
Is the chance to give it out
Maybe that's what love is all about

The most he did was die for me, the least I can do is live for him.
Old 12-08-2006, 02:42 PM #45
flarkey25
Raging Weasel

Well then neither Adam nor Eve was perfect if they could rebel from their creator, were they?

Last edited by flarkey25 : 12-08-2006 at 03:08 PM.
Old 12-08-2006, 02:43 PM #46
flarkey25
Raging Weasel

If I installed "the perfect lightswitch" and it turned on all the time, but sometimes it would turn itself off on accident, it would hardly be perfect, would it?
Old 12-08-2006, 03:02 PM #47
disinformation

Quote:
Originally Posted by flarkey25 View Post
Well then either Adam nor Eve was perfect if they could rebel from their creator, were they?
Very True.
Old 12-08-2006, 03:09 PM #48
flarkey25
Raging Weasel

Also, if the world He created was perfect... Why would it have a tree in it that if the only two people on said world ate from it, they would be doomed to eternal damnation?? Sounds like an awfully unperfect tree to me... Why not change it into an eternal happiness and joy tree?
Old 12-08-2006, 07:04 PM #49
Truthiness

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomGhost View Post
When the end comes I picture the souls of those that will be in "hell" will be destroyed forever. The ultimate punishment. Being sent away for all eternity from the Lord. I don't believe that the souls in "hell" will be burning in fire or anything of the sorts. I actaully would picture it being a desolate place with nothingness. Then being destroyed forever. The rest will be next to the Lord warm, happy, and praising Him for all eternity! It will be awesome!
Ahh, the major beef I have with you people. I can be a better person than you, and you can still believe that I deserve something like that.
Old 12-10-2006, 05:45 PM #50
PaInTbAlLFrEaK17 (Banned)
AW SKEET SKEET MF'ER

Hell's one flaw is it's own creation:
the bible cites that when Lucifer defected, he and cohorts were sent to hell....
why was it there pre-satan?!?!?