PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 12-07-2006, 11:50 AM #43
disinformation

Quote:
Originally Posted by TESlight'emupTES View Post
But you have to remember he was born in the Middle East. When it's December here, it's summertime there. Most people don't realize this. I was just thinking about that today.
I know you believe the middle east is just one big hot desert, but you are very wrong. Did you know it actually snows there?
Advertisement
Old 12-07-2006, 11:54 AM #44
ISmokeIce
Postmodern Sophist

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEp8ntballer View Post
I'm afraid of the talk with a pastor that my mom would make me do. she's the bible beater of the family.
Man up. Being free to practice what you belief is awesome. When I was like 12-15, I was like every other teen in that they are lost in the world. I told my mom I wasn't Christian, and started reading up on different religions. Of course, your case is different, but being able to practice what you belief is better than wasting your time with something you belief is total poppycock.
"No passion is stronger in the breast of man than the desire to make others believe as he believes...It is not the love of truth, but desire to prevail that sets quarter against quarter and makes parish desire the downfall of parish. Each seeks peace of mind and subserviency rather than the triumph of truth and exaltation of virtue-- But these moralities belong, and should be left to the historian, since they are as dull as ditch water" - Orlando: A Biography
Old 12-07-2006, 11:58 AM #45
RamboPreacher
Player not a Pro.

RamboPreacher is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by ISmokeIce View Post
Man up. Being free to practice what you belief is awesome. When I was like 12-15, I was like every other teen in that they are lost in the world. I told my mom I wasn't Christian, and started reading up on different religions. Of course, your case is different, but being able to practice what you belief is better than wasting your time with something you belief is total poppycock.
gonna disagree there. as a minor and living at home, the parent has every right to "force" their religion on their children (in America). The child/person (of whatever age) that is still living at home should not be surprised at the parent doing their job and raising them. but this is still way off topic.

Jesus birthday is the reason for the season, whether we believe that Dec. 25 was when Hes was born or not, this is the designated time of that celebration.
Member of: Christ Krew #82

"I believe, in order to understand" or "I understand in order to believe": Augustine/Anselm (paraphrase)
"Science, and especially physics is not about 'truths' - It's about forming beliefs that are less false"; Dr. S. James Gates, Jr.
Old 12-07-2006, 12:13 PM #46
ISmokeIce
Postmodern Sophist

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamboPreacher View Post
gonna disagree there. as a minor and living at home, the parent has every right to "force" their religion on their children (in America). The child/person (of whatever age) that is still living at home should not be surprised at the parent doing their job and raising them. but this is still way off topic.

Jesus birthday is the reason for the season, whether we believe that Dec. 25 was when Hes was born or not, this is the designated time of that celebration.
Offtopic: I disagree with you.

Ontopic: I agree with you.
"No passion is stronger in the breast of man than the desire to make others believe as he believes...It is not the love of truth, but desire to prevail that sets quarter against quarter and makes parish desire the downfall of parish. Each seeks peace of mind and subserviency rather than the triumph of truth and exaltation of virtue-- But these moralities belong, and should be left to the historian, since they are as dull as ditch water" - Orlando: A Biography
Old 12-07-2006, 10:03 PM #47
Wenuliveudie
100% Organic

Wenuliveudie plays in the PSP
Wenuliveudie donated to help Peyton Trent
Wenuliveudie helped look for balloons
Wenuliveudie plays in the APPA D5 division
This upcoming christmas as well as Chanukah will be my first as a proclaimed atheist. Even though I no longer and never really believed in either, I will still celebrate them both. This is for a multitude of reasons. The first of which is the unification it brings to my family. We are all able to come together and enjoy each other. In addition, it allows me to connect with friends in a multitude of ways which would not be possible without Christmas. Another reason for my continued celebration is tradition. We have always celebrated both holidays and I will not ruin it for the rest of my family. I am also going to continue to celebrate both holidays because it is in my blood. Although I no longer believe and support what is behind each, it is still apart of my heritage and heritage is one thing I can not stop believing in...

Old Feedback +16
Don't lose touch.