PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 12-06-2006, 05:39 PM #1
TJ124

"proof"

Recently it has come to my attention that there is no God. I have come to this conclusion using common sense and a little scientific thought. I have made this assumption by watching a movie entitled Donnie Darko. In this movie a young man is forced to make a tangent universe end, in affect saving the lives of everyone else in the other universe. He using time travel and other techniques to make this possible. However, theoretically time travel is possible. Now in the Bible it says that Christ will return one day. This is a predetermined point in the future, but it time travel was accomplished then wouldn’t all predetermined points in time become false?
Look at it this way, if we were be able to travel back in time and stop the formation of the colonies the United States may not have been formed, this would cause modern times to be much different. If and when we do travel back in time we could change history and effect the future. We could stop wars and maybe even the destruction of the world. This would have upset God’s master plan for the human race forcing all religion to become nothing but a bunch of mumbo jumbo. Everyone supposedly has a path in which they lead there lives. If we were able to see into our own future we could change how our lives are played out. This again would prove that there is no God and that when we die we do not go to a Heaven or Hell we just stop living and have nothingness forever.
Many people won’t agree with me saying that we do make our own choices in life. This may be true but something influences our choices. What made God put us with our families, friends, and the people who surround us? Nothing we came about this world just by chance and are influenced by our own thoughts and how we were raised. People devote their lives to living by a book that is completely false. This book and all religion was to keep order in the human race. Without religion there would be no morals and guidelines how to live a good life. With religion we are brainwashed into thinking that if we do live a good life and do not do evil we will end up in a heaven. If there was a God why would we have wars over what religion is correct? Wouldn’t there be a sign pointing towards the right one? If there were only one religion then wars wouldn’t be fought over beliefs. This would be the end to all the pain in the world. But since there is no signs or any evidence of a God or a Heaven then why would there be one.
In conclusion, my thoughts can be embraced or look at as mere bull****. We need to start using our common sense and stop believing everything we learn in church. Once we have the ability to travel into the past and change our futures there will be no predestined points in time. Please take my thoughts into consideration and just think about how you want to spend the rest of your life, in fear of a supposed God or just be a good person and live your life to the fullest.

I know its based off of a movie but dont flame
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-06-2006, 05:41 PM #2
toolbandfan
The dude abides

toolbandfan is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
toolbandfan is playing at Living Legends VII
Don't come to assumptions about personal beliefs from a movie, especially Donnie Darko...
Old 12-06-2006, 05:41 PM #3
SuperSupra619 (Banned)
Celebrate Diversity

so, you answered a life long question that has been in existence since the dawn of mankind, from donnie darko. Leave now please
Old 12-06-2006, 05:42 PM #4
TPB_Bubbles
Veritas Vos Liberabit

Donnie Darko made me realize there is no Easter bunny, it's just a guy in a suit!!!

"Upstream, small redirectons of flow, downstream everything shifts."
Old 12-06-2006, 05:47 PM #5
drefish99
Baby Jesus FTW!!!

Annual Supporting Member
drefish99 is a Mega Moderator
drefish99 is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by TPB_Bubbles View Post
Donnie Darko made me realize there is no Easter bunny, it's just a guy in a suit!!!
That bunny scared the bajesus out of me. I have to hand it to you. Best usage of a movie to prove there is no higher power .
Romans 6:23
“God never promises to remove us from our struggles. He does promise, however, to change the way we look at them.”-Max Lucado

Well the thing I find most amazing
In amazing grace
Is the chance to give it out
Maybe that's what love is all about

The most he did was die for me, the least I can do is live for him.
Old 12-06-2006, 05:52 PM #6
TJ.
FSM=FTW

how can you base your beliefs on Donie Darko? That movie has nothing to do with the existance of god, if you can time travel, then of course you can change religion.

Also, people war over religion because of PEOPLE. If people were tolerant of others, then there wouldnt be a problem
Old 12-06-2006, 06:12 PM #7
caseytmev3 (Banned)

Wait, so just because you based some wild *** assumption about time from watching Donnie Darko, and you think it conflicts with Christianity, that automatically rules out the possibility of a supreme deity?
Old 12-06-2006, 06:27 PM #8
Lurker27
Engineering the Future

Annual Supporting Member
Lurker27 is a Supporting Member
Lurker27 posts videos on PbNation
Lurker27 has been published on the PbNation Youtube Channel
Time travel is NOT possible.

gg
Old 12-06-2006, 06:29 PM #9
paintball288

i didn't read the whole thing but from what i read it sounds like you are baseing your beliefs on time travel, something that isn't even possible. I find it sad that you would base your beliefs on time travel just because someone said it was possible
Old 12-06-2006, 06:31 PM #10
LayedPbPlayer
18b

Time travel is not possible because there is no time
De Oppresso Liber
Old 12-06-2006, 06:44 PM #11
ISmokeIce
Postmodern Sophist

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintball288 View Post
i didn't read the whole thing but from what i read it sounds like you are baseing your beliefs on time travel, something that isn't even possible. I find it sad that you would base your beliefs on time travel just because someone said it was possible
How do you get from today to tomorrow? Time traveling.
"No passion is stronger in the breast of man than the desire to make others believe as he believes...It is not the love of truth, but desire to prevail that sets quarter against quarter and makes parish desire the downfall of parish. Each seeks peace of mind and subserviency rather than the triumph of truth and exaltation of virtue-- But these moralities belong, and should be left to the historian, since they are as dull as ditch water" - Orlando: A Biography
Old 12-06-2006, 06:50 PM #12
brokenpencil412
11:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ124 View Post
Recently it has come to my attention that there is no God.
Stopped reading there. Sorry.
Old 12-06-2006, 07:53 PM #13
Reformedcaptn
Fighting with bats!

Reformedcaptn is a Supporting Member
there might be time travel someday
Old 12-06-2006, 07:56 PM #14
907ak (Banned)
SoAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reformedcaptn View Post
there might be time travel someday
we wouldve already had it by now if you think about it.

say you live in the year 3105 and they just invented a time machine. they travel back to the year 1000BC and change history.

if you change something from that far ago, you would probably end up changing everything that is today
Old 12-06-2006, 08:08 PM #15
ISmokeIce
Postmodern Sophist

Quote:
Originally Posted by 907ak View Post
we wouldve already had it by now if you think about it.

say you live in the year 3105 and they just invented a time machine. they travel back to the year 1000BC and change history.

if you change something from that far ago, you would probably end up changing everything that is today
What if somebody changed the past? How would you know someone did not?
"No passion is stronger in the breast of man than the desire to make others believe as he believes...It is not the love of truth, but desire to prevail that sets quarter against quarter and makes parish desire the downfall of parish. Each seeks peace of mind and subserviency rather than the triumph of truth and exaltation of virtue-- But these moralities belong, and should be left to the historian, since they are as dull as ditch water" - Orlando: A Biography
Old 12-06-2006, 08:14 PM #16
907ak (Banned)
SoAK

becuase we would be much more advanced then we are today

we wouldnt have aids because you should stop the person who first ****ed that monkey
Old 12-06-2006, 08:38 PM #17
Point|ess
Metal Face Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurker27 View Post

gg
Old 12-06-2006, 09:49 PM #18
Scoty2Hottyv2
<(^^,)>

in order for time travel to be possible, there needs to be parrallel universes.

so chances are that time travel is not possible.
it is a neat concept none the less

RPI Paintball
Old 12-06-2006, 10:29 PM #19
Truthiness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurker27 View Post

gg

QFT
Old 12-06-2006, 10:37 PM #20
Mps2216
Control Yourself

If one could accelerate past the speed of light, time travel would in fact be possible. One must first disprove the theory of relativity of course.
Old 12-06-2006, 10:39 PM #21
Reformedcaptn
Fighting with bats!

Reformedcaptn is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mps2216 View Post
If one could accelerate past the speed of light, time travel would in fact be possible. One must first disprove the theory of relativity of course.
Well that couldn't be to hard could it?