Old 12-06-2006, 11:16 PM #22
I love Impulses
Brogrammer IV

I love Impulses is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by choujin23 View Post
They make sure everything runs smoothly...lol...ask my wife
But seriously, how is a wife compared to a man?

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-07-2006, 01:17 AM #23
freeridermtb4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 907ak View Post
isnt that how all religious people are?
hahaha, sometimes yea but mormons try to get you to convert hardcore
Old 12-07-2006, 02:25 AM #24
underdog_153

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeridermtb4 View Post
hahaha, sometimes yea but mormons try to get you to convert hardcore
QFT
Old 12-07-2006, 09:52 AM #25
sags

Quote:
Can somebody explain to me the woman's role in Mormon society?

The Family: A Proclamation to the World

The First Presidency and Council of the Twelve Apostles of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints

"We, the First Presidency and the Council of the Twelve Apostles of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, solemnly proclaim that marriage between a man and a woman is ordained of God and that the family is central to the Creator's plan for the eternal destiny of His children.

All human beings—male and female—are created in the image of God. Each is a beloved spirit son or daughter of heavenly parents, and, as such, each has a divine nature and destiny. Gender is an essential characteristic of individual premortal, mortal, and eternal identity and purpose.

In the premortal realm, spirit sons and daughters knew and worshiped God as their Eternal Father and accepted His plan by which His children could obtain a physical body and gain earthly experience to progress toward perfection and ultimately realize his or her divine destiny as an heir of eternal life. The divine plan of happiness enables family relationships to be perpetuated beyond the grave. Sacred ordinances and covenants available in holy temples make it possible for individuals to return to the presence of God and for families to be united eternally.

The first commandment that God gave to Adam and Eve pertained to their potential for parenthood as husband and wife. We declare that God's commandment for His children to multiply and replenish the earth remains in force. We further declare that God has commanded that the sacred powers of procreation are to be employed only between man and woman, lawfully wedded as husband and wife.

We declare the means by which mortal life is created to be divinely appointed. We affirm the sanctity of life and of its importance in God's eternal plan.

Husband and wife have a solemn responsibility to love and care for each other and for their children. "Children are an heritage of the Lord" (Psalms 127:3). Parents have a sacred duty to rear their children in love and righteousness, to provide for their physical and spiritual needs, to teach them to love and serve one another, to observe the commandments of God and to be law-abiding citizens wherever they live. Husbands and wives—mothers and fathers—will be held accountable before God for the discharge of these obligations.

The family is ordained of God. Marriage between man and woman is essential to His eternal plan. Children are entitled to birth within the bonds of matrimony, and to be reared by a father and a mother who honor marital vows with complete fidelity. Happiness in family life is most likely to be achieved when founded upon the teachings of the Lord Jesus Christ. Successful marriages and families are established and maintained on principles of faith, prayer, repentance, forgiveness, respect, love, compassion, work, and wholesome recreational activities. By divine design, fathers are to preside over their families in love and righteousness and are responsible to provide the necessities of life and protection for their families. Mothers are primarily responsible for the nurture of their children. In these sacred responsibilities, fathers and mothers are obligated to help one another as equal partners. Disability, death, or other circumstances may necessitate individual adaptation. Extended families should lend support when needed.

We warn that individuals who violate covenants of chastity, who abuse spouse or offspring, or who fail to fulfill family responsibilities will one day stand accountable before God. Further, we warn that the disintegration of the family will bring upon individuals, communities, and nations the calamities foretold by ancient and modern prophets.

We call upon responsible citizens and officers of government everywhere to promote those measures designed to maintain and strengthen the family as the fundamental unit of society."

This proclamation was read by President Gordon B. Hinckley as part of his message at the General Relief Society Meeting held September 23, 1995, in Salt Lake City, Utah.

Last edited by sags : 12-07-2006 at 10:10 AM.
Old 12-07-2006, 10:01 AM #26
Claremont
brains...delicious brains

my neighbors used to be mormon. they were super nice and i think for the most part they are good people.
Old 12-07-2006, 10:06 AM #27
ISmokeIce
Postmodern Sophist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claremont View Post
my neighbors used to be mormon. they were super nice and i think for the most part they are good people.
Used to be, and were super? Now they are not, they're mean bastards?
"No passion is stronger in the breast of man than the desire to make others believe as he believes...It is not the love of truth, but desire to prevail that sets quarter against quarter and makes parish desire the downfall of parish. Each seeks peace of mind and subserviency rather than the triumph of truth and exaltation of virtue-- But these moralities belong, and should be left to the historian, since they are as dull as ditch water" - Orlando: A Biography
Old 12-07-2006, 10:09 AM #28
Hoytie
F=ma. Believe it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 907ak View Post
isnt that how all religious people are?
Reminds me of a lot of atheists I know too.

joel.hoyt@gmail.com
Old 12-07-2006, 10:12 AM #29
mike45thab
Louisiana Refugee

I went to school with some mormons. One of them was my best friend untill recently he moved to Hawaii on a mission trip for 2 years.
I also took one to prom, shes bangin hot.

My FeedBack

Last edited by mike45thab : 12-07-2006 at 10:32 AM.
Old 12-07-2006, 10:21 AM #30
Claremont
brains...delicious brains

i moved out of state. how i miss them silly mormons.
Old 12-07-2006, 06:12 PM #31
satanisanerd734
Steve Jobs is My Hero

You should check out the videos "The God Makers".... they are basically movies made in the early 80's exposing the Mormon (LDS) Church... its pretty crazy what the Mormons believe....

basic beliefs...

-Jesus and Lucifer are brothers.
-the "negro" race came from evil.
-If you have a spirit marriage, when you die you get to have tons of spirit wives and become a god yourself and rule your own planet.
-Jesus had 3 wives and many children
-Elohim (sp?)(God) had physical sex with Mary.
-They view Lucifer as a hero because he is the one that gave them the concept of becoming a God yourself in the garden of eden by telling Eve to eat the fruit...
-Sometimes Jesus' sacrifice isn't enough and your own blood has to be spilt to atone for your sins.

and so on an so forth....

"When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name."
- Charles H. Spurgeon
Old 12-07-2006, 07:01 PM #32
Spiral_Out
Airplanes > Treadmills

Quote:
Originally Posted by satanisanerd734 View Post
You should check out the videos "The God Makers".... they are basically movies made in the early 80's exposing the Mormon (LDS) Church... its pretty crazy what the Mormons believe....

basic beliefs...

-If you have a spirit marriage, when you die you get to have tons of spirit wives and become a god yourself and rule your own planet.
-They view Lucifer as a hero because he is the one that gave them the concept of becoming a God yourself in the garden of eden by telling Eve to eat the fruit...
-Sometimes Jesus' sacrifice isn't enough and your own blood has to be spilt to atone for your sins.

I would encourage you to research the claims those videos make, I think you will find they are quite inaccurate.

I'm not Mormon, but I know quite a few very well. They focus more on being genuinely good people than any other people I know.
I'll never hear a word you say
He promised I would find a little
Solace and some peace of mind.
Whatever, just as long as I don't feel so
Desperate and ravenous... So weak and powerless...
Old 12-07-2006, 08:20 PM #33
sags

Quote:
Originally Posted by satanisanerd734 View Post

basic beliefs...

Actually, not even close. Ed Decker (maker of The God Makers)
has been spewing forth falsehoods, lies, and innacurate propaganda for over 30 years trying to destroy The Church of Jesus Christ, and he has failed miserably. And by many acounts he is a miserable person himself, in a way I feel sorry for him, he seems to be full of nothing but hate, which is no way to live a happy and succesful life.

Perhaps you should ask yourself, " Why would someone devout their entire life to destroying anothers persons faith which gives them peace, and helps them live a positive and happy life?" I believe people should be allowed to worship, or not worship, however and whatever they choose. (see #11 below) There are good people all over, from athiests, to pastafarians who live good positive lives, without feeling the need to tear down anothers way of life.

Now here are the real basic beliefs of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.

The Articles of Faith
of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints

1.We believe in God, the Eternal Father, and in His Son, Jesus Christ, and in the Holy Ghost.

2.We believe that men will be punished for their own sins, and not for Adam's transgression.

3.We believe that through the Atonement of Christ, all mankind may be saved, by obedience to the laws and ordinances of the Gospel.

4.We believe that the first principles and ordinances of the Gospel are: first, Faith in the Lord Jesus Christ; second, Repentance; third, Baptism by immersion for the remission of sins; fourth, Laying on of hands for the gift of the Holy Ghost.

5.We believe that a man must be called of God, by prophecy, and by the laying on of hands by those who are in authority, to preach the Gospel and administer in the ordinances thereof.

6.We believe in the same organization that existed in the Primitive Church, namely, apostles, prophets, pastors, teachers, evangelists, and so forth.

7.We believe in the gift of tongues, prophecy, revelation, visions, healing, interpretation of tongues, and so forth.

8.We believe the Bible to be the word of God as far as it is translated correctly; we also believe the Book of Mormon to be the word of God.

9.We believe all that God has revealed, all that He does now reveal, and we believe that He will yet reveal many great and important things pertaining to the Kingdom of God.

10.We believe in the literal gathering of Israel and in the restoration of the Ten Tribes; that Zion (the New Jerusalem) will be built upon the American continent; that Christ will reign personally upon the earth; and, that the earth will be renewed and receive its paradisiacal glory.

11.We claim the privilege of worshiping Almighty God according to the dictates of our own conscience, and allow all men the same privilege, let them worship how, where, or what they may.

12.We believe in being subject to kings, presidents, rulers, and magistrates, in obeying, honoring, and sustaining the law.

13.We believe in being honest, true, chaste, benevolent, virtuous, and in doing good to all men; indeed, we may say that we follow the admonition of Paul—We believe all things, we hope all things, we have endured many things, and hope to be able to endure all things. If there is anything virtuous, lovely, or of good report or praiseworthy, we seek after these things.

Joseph Smith

If anyone is interested in credible info about the church visit one of these websites

www.lds.org
www.mormon.org
www.providentliving.org