PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 12-06-2006, 01:23 PM #1
TosiLX

TosiLX is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Portable Audio Discussion

Stop with the versus threads. Discuss whats hot and whats not in the digital audio world here and nowhere else.
Advertisement
Old 12-06-2006, 01:58 PM #2
Mustang7302
has been here too long

Mustang7302 is a founding member
Mustang7302 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
A "official" thread for every damn thing isn't needed. Trying to close every thread and reffering it to a universal one mutes the point of a public forum. They are fine for general discusion of said subject, but doesn't mean a problem thread has to be grouped into it. I honistly dont look in most of these threads becuase they dont interest me, though my knowledge and experiance may help with many problems encountered. Being a member here on the PBN forums for over 5 years, i have never seen this kind of action and feel it isn't nessicary. My view and request to leave the forum running like I has for all these years.

"Originally posted by Volucris: Computers are tools. Man is separated by how well he chooses his tool."

"Originally posted by Rebeltilldeath3: We went from Allan Sheppard, Gus Grissom, Neil Armstrong, and Buzz Aldrin to Charlie Sheen, Lindsay Lohan, and Snooki."
Mustang7302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 02:04 PM #3
Q THE GURU
Going from 6 to 12

I agree with you- this is a bit odd and backwards thinking. Especially when the same person just made a separate thread for the Zune.

ST:Tech-Where everyone thinks they know something about everything
Q THE GURU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 02:09 PM #4
PballPlayer™

Moderator reported for meaningless threads.
Old 12-06-2006, 02:26 PM #5
AutoMaggot

AutoMaggot is a Moderator
Anybody have the Sansa e250? I wouldn't mind picking up a cheap 2 gig MP3 player, and this one seems to fit the bill.
AutoMaggot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 02:30 PM #6
PballPlayer™

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoMaggot View Post
Anybody have the Sansa e250? I wouldn't mind picking up a cheap 2 gig MP3 player, and this one seems to fit the bill.
There pretty nice for the pricetag. My friend has one and seems to like it a lot. But I would get something by creative, but thats just me.
Old 12-06-2006, 03:01 PM #7
TosiLX

The Sansa e250 seems like a good buy but it depends on what you want. It does have video playback but with only 2GB of space you probably can only fit about 1-2 full length movies max. Personally I have a iPod video 60GB for mass storage/media/video and mini 4GB (bought for $50 from a classmate) and it does what I need it to do, play music -- plus its durable and even if it does break its not a huge chunk out of my pocket. I ordered a 2nd gen shuffle for my sisters Christmas present so I'll see how that is... although it doesn't have a screen and that would bother me alot :x

@Mustang, Guru, Pball - A small subforum like technology (it being such a general area of interest) NEEDS official threads (virtually mini-subforums) otherwise the first page of threads will always be "help me with [___]" -- usually redundant questions about the most current/hot electronic.
Old 12-06-2006, 03:58 PM #8
Volucris
asmuchtextastheywillallow

Tosil, you're not fit for this particular forum. Anyone capable of logic would know that creating an official portable audio thread, then an official zune thread is illogical. We need someone else in here if you're going to mess with your power that much.

There is no need for official threads really. People that belong here will see a thread topic, and post in the one that's already created. Commons sense. Also do you think that the straddlers that are responsible for random threads are going to notice your thread? Get out of here. You're not suited for this job.

To clear things up for people
30GB player choice= Creative Zen Vision M 30GB
High Capacity Choice= Apple Ipod Video 80GB
Volucris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 04:12 PM #9
TosiLX

I really don’t think your grasping what is trying to be accomplished by sectioning off popular topics of in their own threads. This is not the place to discuss this and if you have a suggestion, use private messages, I'll be happy to hear from you and anything you feel you can contribute, not just personal attacks.

Last edited by TosiLX : 12-06-2006 at 04:15 PM.
TosiLX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 04:14 PM #10
cogito ergo doleo
Some call me crazy

I have the 6gb version of the Sansa e seris. I would recommend it.
cogito ergo doleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 04:27 PM #11
Mustang7302
has been here too long

Nice to know im not the only one that is irritated by TosiLX's actions.

This forum, after all, is really a Paintball forum. We have been lucky that Tony and other admin/owners of the forum here were gratious enough to allow a small talk section and even break it down a little more into sub categories. But this is not a dedicated technology/electronics forum, where you can catigorize all types of threads to just a Xbox section, PC build section, ect. It is an open forum that I enjoy because it brings alot of subjects together that one would not other wise get to normally see.

This is an open forum, treat it like one.

"Originally posted by Volucris: Computers are tools. Man is separated by how well he chooses his tool."

"Originally posted by Rebeltilldeath3: We went from Allan Sheppard, Gus Grissom, Neil Armstrong, and Buzz Aldrin to Charlie Sheen, Lindsay Lohan, and Snooki."
Old 12-06-2006, 04:28 PM #12
.Pablo Escobar.

These are NEEDED! I am tired of people asking a **** load of questions about putting movies on their iPods... Thats why I made that one thread on my old name(ihatebeingbanned)

"Originally posted by jake21: yea, she just comes off as if she could be the girl next door. inocent and sexy, you know, the one you watch out your window when she is swimming in her poop :runaway:"

.Pablo Escobar. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 04:35 PM #13
Mustang7302
has been here too long

Yet you've recently been banned...

You're not going to go to a paintball forum about figureing out how to build a computer. BUT! Again, becuase of the number of members and everyone's background, there are people that know how to do so and willing to share thier knowledge. The idea of a forum is a medium in which to share ideas/opinions and offer help to those seeking it. This main priority of PBNation.com is about paintball, not technology. This subsection is an open forum to a broad topic and shouldn't be subect to being categorized like paintball markers.

In the Auto forum, is there official Honda, Ford, Chevy threads?

Old 12-06-2006, 04:39 PM #14
Volucris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang7302 View Post
Yet you've recently been banned...

You're not going to go to a paintball forum about figureing out how to build a computer. BUT! Again, becuase of the number of members and everyone's background, there are people that know how to do so and willing to share thier knowledge. The idea of a forum is a medium in which to share ideas/opinions and offer help to those seeking it. This main priority of PBNation.com is about paintball, not technology. This subsection is an open forum to a broad topic and shouldn't be subect to being categorized like paintball markers.

In the Auto forum, is there official Honda, Ford, Chevy threads?
No, there isn't. Plus this "mod" deleted my post in the Zune thread. TosilX is just a bad mod and shouldn't be in here. The regulars of TCGF have always kept crap out of here.
Old 12-06-2006, 04:39 PM #15
.Pablo Escobar.

Kinda....

"Originally posted by jake21: yea, she just comes off as if she could be the girl next door. inocent and sexy, you know, the one you watch out your window when she is swimming in her poop :runaway:"

.Pablo Escobar. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 04:46 PM #16
TosiLX

I deleted all the off topic posts out of the Zune thread because they were... off topic. The 'regulars' (I've been modding this forum longer than you've been posting in it :roll: but have been rather busy in the past few months) are the ones who have been requesting this chance the most via PM -- hmm via PM, you know, like I had already told you to use hence why I deleted the posts... Not getting it are you. I'll leave your post up for now as I talk with a mega on what to do with this and as proof that I'm not deleting things just to delete them.
Old 12-06-2006, 05:06 PM #17
Volucris

Quote:
Originally Posted by TosiLX View Post
I deleted all the off topic posts out of the Zune thread because they were... off topic. The 'regulars' (I've been modding this forum longer than you've been posting in it :roll: but have been rather busy in the past few months) are the ones who have been requesting this chance the most via PM -- hmm via PM, you know, like I had already told you to use hence why I deleted the posts... Not getting it are you. I'll leave your post up for now as I talk with a mega on what to do with this and as proof that I'm not deleting things just to delete them.
"Organizing this forum is just pointless and adds to the chaos. Try helping someone in one thread when there are at least 5 other people helping many other people with different questions in the same thread.

Go get de-modded.
Old 12-06-2006, 05:10 PM #18
TosiLX

Whether you like it or not, stop making a fuss for now until I talk this through with a mega, all seem to be busy with more important things than calming down cranky nerds.
Old 12-06-2006, 05:19 PM #19
Mustang7302
has been here too long

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...5#post29130555

This should help.

Old 12-06-2006, 05:20 PM #20
paintballonaim (Banned)
oh, the machines we are.

paintballonaim is an NCPA player
paintballonaim plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
I really don’t think your grasping what is trying to be accomplished by sectioning off popular topics of in their own threads. This is not the place to discuss this and if you have a suggestion, use private messages, I'll be happy to hear from you and anything you feel you can contribute, not just personal attacks.
Quote:
Whether you like it or not, stop making a fuss for now until I talk this through with a mega, all seem to be busy with more important things than calming down cranky nerds.
That's two contradictions in one day dude, come on...

(This and the Official Audio Thread and Zune thread in the same day)

But seriously, all I ask is lighten up on some of the closings - Nubs wanted to know what his next upgrade was - he needed a poll, you sent him to an "official" thread. Then Mod1 wanted to know what lights to order (needed a poll) and you sent him to the Official Xbox thread...

Granted you do close a lot of garbage, some of the closings shouldn't have been closed.
paintballonaim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 05:23 PM #21
acoolguy77
The **** winds are blowin

acoolguy77 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
acoolguy77 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
well i think this would be the appropriate place to ask,or maybe the zune thread,just though more people would look here? iunno,one needs to go. either way,i got my zune and i was wonderin if there are any MPG4 to WMV converter,all i could find are trials that leave watermarks on the converted video,very annoying,thanks
acoolguy77 is offline   Reply With Quote