Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

View Poll Results: Who is tired of the religous right?
yes I'm tired of there "movement" 56 64.37%
no they should stay. 20 22.99%
don't care 11 12.64%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-05-2006, 04:35 PM #85
SuperSupra619 (Banned)
Celebrate Diversity
 
SuperSupra619's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Jersey
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by elTwitcho View Post
Ah you mean the people spreading the "don't use condoms it is sinful!" doctrine in a region where AIDS infection has spiralled out of control to such an extent that the already impoverished medical system can't even begin to cope?

Who do I thank for that one on behalf of humanity?
just a question, doesnt really have to do with anything, but are you an athiest twitch or do you have some kind of faith? Its not really important im just wondering
SuperSupra619 is offline  
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-05-2006, 04:43 PM #86
Point|ess
Metal Face Doom
 
Point|ess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Boca Raton
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalBaller88 View Post
Where have you been?
under a rock
__________________
Surfers of PBN
Point|ess is offline  
Old 12-05-2006, 04:45 PM #87
Point|ess
Metal Face Doom
 
Point|ess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Boca Raton
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by elTwitcho View Post
Ah you mean the people spreading the "don't use condoms it is sinful!"
at the catholic church yes
doctrine in a region where AIDS infection has spiralled out of control
nothing to do with christianity
to such an extent that the already impoverished medical system can't even begin to cope?
again, not christianity's fault.
Just because you use the fact that AIDS is a problem in Africa doesn't make it a fact that it's christianity's fault.
__________________
Surfers of PBN

Last edited by Point|ess : 12-05-2006 at 04:47 PM.
Point|ess is offline  
Old 12-05-2006, 04:48 PM #88
NorCalBaller88
iFap
 
NorCalBaller88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: San Luis Obispo, CA
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Point|ess View Post
Just because you use the fact that AIDS is a problem in Africa doesn't make it a fact that it's christianity's fault.
he didn't say it was, he was saying christianity isn't helping by sending over missionaries to preach about the evils of birth control in AIDS infested Africa.
__________________
Johns Hopkins, class of 2013
:
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=597002


"Plenty of room at the Hotel California..."
NorCalBaller88 is offline  
Old 12-05-2006, 04:48 PM #89
elTwitcho
***** ***** *****
 
elTwitcho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Toronto Canada
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSupra619 View Post
just a question, doesnt really have to do with anything, but are you an athiest twitch or do you have some kind of faith? Its not really important im just wondering
I'm a terribly undisciplined Buddhist but I'm getting better anyway.

I have all kinds of faith anyway, I think all faiths are correct. I disagree with the actions of some representatives of those faiths (Nearly everything the Pope says for instance, Islamic Clerics who try to force Sharia law on others for another example) but at the core of the issue I believe that all faiths are equally valid, be they flying spaghetti monsterism, christianity, atheism or whatever else.

Why do you ask?
__________________
ST:Photo - Trust me, you made a wrong turn

A Haiku about Life - By Secret Asian Man
twitch slaps me around
he likes to make me his *****
Because of small cock
elTwitcho is offline  
Old 12-05-2006, 04:50 PM #90
elTwitcho
***** ***** *****
 
elTwitcho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Toronto Canada
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Point|ess View Post
Just because you use the fact that AIDS is a problem in Africa doesn't make it a fact that it's christianity's fault.
Where did I suggest such a thing?

You posted that the missionaries in Africa were a good thing.

I posted my opinion that they are not, and that the catholic ones are in fact monstrously bad because they are preaching beliefs which will exacerbate the out of control AIDS problem in Africa.
__________________
ST:Photo - Trust me, you made a wrong turn

A Haiku about Life - By Secret Asian Man
twitch slaps me around
he likes to make me his *****
Because of small cock
elTwitcho is offline  
Old 12-05-2006, 04:50 PM #91
NorCalBaller88
iFap
 
NorCalBaller88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: San Luis Obispo, CA
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by elTwitcho View Post
I'm a terribly undisciplined Buddhist but I'm getting better anyway.

I have all kinds of faith anyway, I think all faiths are correct. I disagree with the actions of some representatives of those faiths (Nearly everything the Pope says for instance, Islamic Clerics who try to force Sharia law on others for another example) but at the core of the issue I believe that all faiths are equally valid, be they flying spaghetti monsterism, christianity, atheism or whatever else.

Why do you ask?
He probably just wants to find out more so he can eventually **** you.

I know I do.
__________________
Johns Hopkins, class of 2013
:
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=597002


"Plenty of room at the Hotel California..."
NorCalBaller88 is offline  
Old 12-05-2006, 04:53 PM #92
Point|ess
Metal Face Doom
 
Point|ess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Boca Raton
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by elTwitcho View Post
Where did I suggest such a thing?

You posted that the missionaries in Africa were a good thing.

I posted my opinion that they are not, and that the catholic ones are in fact monstrously bad because they are preaching beliefs which will exacerbate the out of control AIDS problem in Africa.
Yes, I disagree with most of the things the Catholic church does as well. They need modernize badly. I used africa just as an example off the top of my head.
__________________
Surfers of PBN
Point|ess is offline  
Old 12-05-2006, 07:57 PM #93
SuperSupra619 (Banned)
Celebrate Diversity
 
SuperSupra619's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Jersey
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by elTwitcho View Post
Why do you ask?
Absolutly no reason at all, im being serious. The question just came into my mind out of no where so i asked it. Hope you dont mind
SuperSupra619 is offline  
Old 12-05-2006, 08:10 PM #94
fuhrer325 (Banned)
I'm cooler than you
 
fuhrer325's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: West Side (L), Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernkid7892 View Post
They kind of are. They have been told since they were born that to go against the bible means to be damned to eternal suffering.
Phil Mummert. (I can't believe I said this...)

My Brother-in-law. (You can search for these details if you really don't believe me. I'm sure online.)

Still getting his PH.D. and was a teacher and special "guest speaker" to Cornell for an extremely high level Mathematics class. (One week)

Does this seem juvenile? Maybe. My point is that it is extremely offensive to call myself and Brother-in-law: "kind of stupid". - Whoops... I just looked, I'm not "kind of stupid" apparently, I'm "Kind of retarded"

Is that how you on the left get your kicks making fun of people with disabilities??

Let's see your credentials. I mean, apparently, you're far more intelligent than us.

Last edited by fuhrer325 : 12-05-2006 at 08:18 PM.
fuhrer325 is offline  
Old 12-05-2006, 08:22 PM #95
mynameisjonathon
This is the new sound..
 
mynameisjonathon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: TN
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuhrer325 View Post
Phil Mummert. (I can't believe I said this...)

My Brother-in-law. (You can search for these details if you really don't believe me. I'm sure online.)

Still getting his PH.D. and was a teacher and special "guest speaker" to Cornell for an extremely high level Mathematics class. (One week)

Does this seem juvenile? Maybe. My point is that it is extremely offensive to call myself and Brother-in-law: "kind of stupid". - Whoops... I just looked, I'm not "kind of stupid" apparently, I'm "Kind of retarded"

Is that how you on the left get your kicks making fun of people with disabilities??

Let's see your credentials. I mean, apparently, you're far more intelligent than us.

Sorry. You could be a genius and still be stupid. I'm not saying he is right or you are. I'm just stating.
__________________
aim yooler
Rain down, rain down
Come on rain down on me
From a great height
From a great height... height...
Rain down, rain down

http://www.bestpanamacitybeachcondo.com

Last edited by mynameisjonathon : 12-05-2006 at 08:36 PM.
mynameisjonathon is offline  
Old 12-05-2006, 09:13 PM #96
Topazbullet
Don't hate. Dominate.
 
Topazbullet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Cambridge, MA
Can people practice what they want? Sure.

Should these practices be applied to the running of our government? Nope.
__________________
I do Anodizing, click here and PM me.
Topazbullet is offline  
Old 12-05-2006, 09:26 PM #97
Wango_Tango
AH MOTHERLAND!!!!
 
Wango_Tango's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: NYC
Wango_Tango is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
the religious right makes politics interesting...they're a necessary evil
__________________
"Originally posted by §Galactus§if i had a horse, i would put armor on it. and i would wear armor, and ride around collecting taxes and tributes from the serfs."

"Originally posted by §Galactus§You should sig me again. That way, when everyone looks at your signature, they would be like "Holy **** that dude is so awesome he got sigged twice" It would be espically awesome if you sigged this post. So that people who read your sig will be confused as well as amazed


I know, right?
__________________
Wango_Tango is offline  
Old 12-06-2006, 12:06 AM #98
Swerve22
 
 
Swerve22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Concord NH
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by elTwitcho View Post
I'm a terribly undisciplined Buddhist but I'm getting better anyway.
What sect, if any?
Quote:
I have all kinds of faith anyway, I think all faiths are correct. I disagree with the actions of some representatives of those faiths (Nearly everything the Pope says for instance, Islamic Clerics who try to force Sharia law on others for another example) but at the core of the issue I believe that all faiths are equally valid, be they flying spaghetti monsterism, christianity, atheism or whatever else.
This deffinately confirms the first quote.
__________________
Butthurt Conservative.

www.gunfacts.info
Swerve22 is offline  
Old 12-06-2006, 12:11 AM #99
Truthiness
 
 
Truthiness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Point|ess View Post
Just because you use the fact that AIDS is a problem in Africa doesn't make it a fact that it's christianity's fault.
Please don't purposely misquote people.
Truthiness is offline  
Old 12-06-2006, 02:39 AM #100
Jim96SC2
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
People will vote on behalf of their beliefs. Its part of politics as we know it. Saying your tired of a the religious right is half way to riding the short bus. Are you pointing out that blacks vote 9:1 in favor of democrats? Eco-nerds? Socialists? Are you tired of all these groups? All have an agenda and a thought as to how best run the country and through the democratic process of their votes.

As for missionaries and outreaches etc; too bad. They preach, but they also give. Millions of people are helped every year by outreaches in Africa, South America, and even the USA. Abstinence is taught in schools today because it is the 100% ONLY way to not get pregnant or get an STD.
Jim96SC2 is offline  
Old 12-06-2006, 07:51 AM #101
elTwitcho
***** ***** *****
 
elTwitcho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Toronto Canada
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swerve22 View Post
What sect, if any?
None really. I started my practice in a Tibetan "temple" (it's called a temple but it wasn't some ancient temple kind of **** like in the far east, rather it was a pretty normal building) where I was taking meditation classes but they weren't really big on emphasizing specific dogma from any one sect so I've kind of stayed open to everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swerve22 View Post
This deffinately confirms the first quote.
What do you mean?
__________________
ST:Photo - Trust me, you made a wrong turn

A Haiku about Life - By Secret Asian Man
twitch slaps me around
he likes to make me his *****
Because of small cock
elTwitcho is offline  
Old 12-06-2006, 08:42 AM #102
Overbear
#2 Anti Stim Club Member!
 
Overbear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: San Leandro, CA
Overbear is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim96SC2 View Post
Abstinence is taught in schools today because it is the 100% ONLY way to not get pregnant or get an STD.
But abstinence flys in the face of every instinct humans have. It is unrealistic to expect it to work. Yet the church, who pushes its doctrin apon everyone no mater what their personal beliefs are, will only talk of it.

It is directly, 100% the christian/cathloic churches fault that HIV has spread as far as it has. Were the church to get 100% behind 'preaching' condom use, and regular testing, I can guartee the HIV rate would drop by 70% inside 5 years.
__________________
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms . . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes . . . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man - Thomas Jefferson

A democracy is, two wolves and a sheep voting on dinner.
A republic is, two sheep and a wolf voting on dinner.
A constitutional republic is, voting on dinner is expressly forbidden and the sheep are armed.

Armed gays don't get bashed - www.pinkpistols.org

ssgaR: 'faith is the path of least resistance'."

Rapier7: Don't be a douche
Overbear is offline  
Old 12-06-2006, 09:10 AM #103
Furious_J
bockbock velcrowrapper
 
Furious_J's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Nor:Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overbear View Post
It is directly, 100% the christian/cathloic churches fault that HIV has spread as far as it has.
It wouldnt have anything to do with the people that have AIDS/ HIV having sex would it? Last time I checked the church didnt say hey I got AIDs wanna screw...
__________________
velcrowrappers ftw
"Originally Posted by EY3 velociraptors dont eat burritos." Originally Posted by warbeak2099 "Velcrowrappers do."
"Originally posted by sixty nine: all this religion stuff makes me hungry, ima get some tacos" "Originally posted by Derr: I do my best thinking on the toilet."
CK I kneel for Jesus
RL#594

Please support the March of Dimes!
http://www.marchforbabies.org/s_team_page.asp?seid=620728
Furious_J is offline  
Old 12-06-2006, 09:28 AM #104
Overbear
#2 Anti Stim Club Member!
 
Overbear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: San Leandro, CA
Overbear is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Furious_J View Post
It wouldnt have anything to do with the people that have AIDS/ HIV having sex would it? Last time I checked the church didnt say hey I got AIDs wanna screw...
as I pointed out, its human nature to have sex. To try and "train" it out of people is instanity, we are talking about a geneticly ingrained thing here. The drive to have sex is the 3rd most powerful instict we have (behind food, and saftey). It is naieve for anyone to think they can teach someone not to have sex. Therefor the church in its 'teachings' has contrubuted the lions share to the problem at hand.
__________________
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms . . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes . . . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man - Thomas Jefferson

A democracy is, two wolves and a sheep voting on dinner.
A republic is, two sheep and a wolf voting on dinner.
A constitutional republic is, voting on dinner is expressly forbidden and the sheep are armed.

Armed gays don't get bashed - www.pinkpistols.org

ssgaR: 'faith is the path of least resistance'."

Rapier7: Don't be a douche
Overbear is offline  
Old 12-06-2006, 09:58 AM #105
idriveavw
Unicorn Power!
 
idriveavw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: xNJx
idriveavw is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Furious_J View Post
It wouldnt have anything to do with the people that have AIDS/ HIV having sex would it? Last time I checked the church didnt say hey I got AIDs wanna screw...
way to completely ignore what overbear was actually talking about
__________________
XXX
ST sXe Crew Member #4

2002 Galactic Blue VW Jetta GLI
VWFixx
idriveavw is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump