Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

View Poll Results: Who is tired of the religous right?
yes I'm tired of there "movement" 56 64.37%
no they should stay. 20 22.99%
don't care 11 12.64%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 12-05-2006, 12:21 PM #64
MikeM

MikeM is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernkid7892 View Post
But people on the far left like me actutaly bring progress to the world and make it a better place.
So, what exactly have you done to bring progress to the world and make it a better place?
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-05-2006, 12:25 PM #65
Point|ess
Metal Face Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overbear View Post
Not when its proven harmful to the good of all humanity. You show me where religion has HELPED humanity. I can show you intire ages where religion has worked to hold back human evolution (dark ages ring a bell?). The druids of england helped to teach reading to their people, the church came along and reading/writeing went down the tubes.

No where, ever, in the history of mankind, has religion served any good. Its very design is to control and manupluate the masses.
How about all the churches who do missions in impoverished countries? How about the hundreds of millions donated by them each year to help needy countries? How about people that have used religion to overcome drug addiction? But just like everything it has had its downside in the past. What I'm saying is, your sweeping generalizations of all religion makes your arguement moot. And the reading and writing thing... the bible is the most cicrulated book in the history of mankind, but according to you, the church would like to have us not read it. Bringing up 1000 year old events to argue religion in todays politics isn't viable in this debate.

Last edited by Point|ess : 12-05-2006 at 12:29 PM.
Old 12-05-2006, 12:29 PM #66
Swerve22

Quote:
Not when its proven harmful to the good of all humanity. You show me where religion has HELPED humanity. I can show you intire ages where religion has worked to hold back human evolution (dark ages ring a bell?). The druids of england helped to teach reading to their people, the church came along and reading/writeing went down the tubes.

No where, ever, in the history of mankind, has religion served any good. Its very design is to control and manupluate the masses.
Charities, personal emotional healing, addiction recovery, random acts of kindness.

www.gunfacts.info
Old 12-05-2006, 12:44 PM #67
Overbear
#2 Anti Stim Club Member!

Overbear is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Point|ess View Post
How about all the churches who do missions in impoverished countries? How about the hundreds of millions donated by them each year to help needy countries? How about people that have used religion to overcome drug addiction? But just like everything it has had its downside in the past. What I'm saying is, your sweeping generalizations of all religion makes your arguement moot. And the reading and writing thing... the bible is the most cicrulated book in the history of mankind, but according to you, the church would like to have us not read it. Bringing up 1000 year old events to argue religion in todays politics isn't viable in this debate.

Missionary work: Designed to bring in more converts to the given religion
$$$ given: PR driven, helps to set up so church can preach its doctrin among the impoverished people

Every action of the "church" is designed to further its own standing. Nothing is free in this world, it always has a price. Sometimes that price is far too high. Now as to bringing up 1000 year old events, it goes to crediablity, religions past is one of destruction and control. Its just as viable a point today as it was then. What you are saying is lets not hold a consentration camp captain liable for what he did 50+ years ago in the war.
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms . . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes . . . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man - Thomas Jefferson

A democracy is, two wolves and a sheep voting on dinner.
A republic is, two sheep and a wolf voting on dinner.
A constitutional republic is, voting on dinner is expressly forbidden and the sheep are armed.

Armed gays don't get bashed - www.pinkpistols.org

ssgaR: 'faith is the path of least resistance'."

Rapier7: Don't be a douche
Old 12-05-2006, 01:04 PM #68
Point|ess
Metal Face Doom

Quote:
Missionary work: Designed to bring in more converts to the given religion
yea it is, no arguement with that. WHy wouldn't we as christians, want more christians?
$$$ given: PR driven, helps to set up so church can preach its doctrin among the impoverished people
Or because we feel like helping less fortunate people?

Every action of the "church" is designed to further its own standing. Nothing is free in this world, it always has a price. Sometimes that price is far too high.
Salvation is pretty expensive
Now as to bringing up 1000 year old events, it goes to crediablity, religions past is one of destruction and control. Its just as viable a point today as it was then. What you are saying is lets not hold a consentration camp captain liable for what he did 50+ years ago in the war.
What happened 50+ years ago affects us today directly. What happened 1,000 years ago in England (which you can't truly prove happened)...not so much. I see where you are coming from, but bad analogy.

Basically, everything that churches do is motivated by religion (duh). But just because its for religion doesn't mean its automatically bad for humanity. In fact, much of what the church (by church i mean christianity as a whole) does today benefits humanity.
Old 12-05-2006, 01:17 PM #69
elTwitcho

Quote:
How about all the churches who do missions in impoverished countries?
Ah you mean the people spreading the "don't use condoms it is sinful!" doctrine in a region where AIDS infection has spiralled out of control to such an extent that the already impoverished medical system can't even begin to cope?

Who do I thank for that one on behalf of humanity?

A Haiku about Life - By Secret Asian Man
twitch slaps me around
he likes to make me his *****
Because of small cock
Old 12-05-2006, 01:33 PM #70
disinformation

Quote:
Originally Posted by elTwitcho View Post
Ah you mean the people spreading the "don't use condoms it is sinful!" doctrine in a region where AIDS infection has spiralled out of control to such an extent that the already impoverished medical system can't even begin to cope?

Ouch. I'm glad I only have herpes.
Old 12-05-2006, 01:35 PM #71
User_Name

I dislike any group that uses religion to gain power. Not everyone is religious or at least not a part of their religion so that wouldn't be fair to the masses, usually. I find it very one-sided when people like those come to power in the government. Then again it's almost impossible to find someone who isn't like that in our political arena.
Old 12-05-2006, 01:38 PM #72
Point|ess
Metal Face Doom

Quote:

you can thank me. But you really think people in rural africa have access to condoms? or the money for them? On behalf of christianity, I apologize for being responsible for the spread of aids. But good point twitch.
Old 12-05-2006, 01:55 PM #73
disinformation

Quote:
you can thank me. But you really think people in rural africa have access to condoms? or the money for them? On behalf of christianity, I apologize for being responsible for the spread of aids. But good point twitch.

DUDE. It's a condom. They hand them out free at schools. You can get them free at planned parenthood or other clinics run by Satan. With 5 minutes worth of planning, you could put condoms on every boy and man in Africa in less than a year.
Old 12-05-2006, 01:56 PM #74
TheSpy11
I see you...

Quote:

Unfortunately for you the very country you are living in contradicts your opinion. The founders of this nation were either religious or Christian. They instilled values of freedom for this nation that were based off of Godly or religious principles. By your analogy this was not a good thing. The United States should be advancing towards a better state until the Godly and religious principles are eradicated. Anyone can see that this is not the case. It started and has continued as the greatest blessed country on earth.

You are also guilty of stereotyping all faiths as religions. That is incorrect. Religions are man's attempt at salvation or supernatural power by abandoning God's free gift of eternal life. So in part you are correct in that religion - which includes atheism - is just another sinful action by man that God will punish until the people repent. That is the reason why religion is bad for humanity. That's also why the true Christian faith directly from God's Word - that is not a religion - has been a blessing for all of mankind.

Now the "religious right" in this nation has been deceiving of the people since the start. I call them religious because Bush and the true religious right have rejected God Almighty. They're members of religions that seek power and control through man's law. The country will continue to travel downhill into sin until it repents and turns back to God and His law.
Old 12-05-2006, 02:01 PM #75
elTwitcho

Quote:
Considering there are dozens if not hundreds of agencies in Africa, with thousands of centers where they distribute condoms freely to people who need them, yeah.

But good use of that opportunity to prove you're not one to fit into the mold of religious types thinking their assumptions (ie that they can't afford condoms in Africa) are every bit as valuable as facts and can in fact replace the need to look up and confirm facts. Way to go there chief

twitch slaps me around
Because of small cock
Old 12-05-2006, 02:05 PM #76
Point|ess
Metal Face Doom

Quote:
Considering there are dozens if not hundreds of agencies in Africa, with thousands of centers where they distribute condoms freely to people who need them, yeah.

But good use of that opportunity to prove you're not one to fit into the mold of religious types thinking their assumptions (ie that they can't afford condoms in Africa) are every bit as valuable as facts and can in fact replace the need to look up and confirm facts. Way to go there chief
Your assumption of Christianity causing the spread of AIDS in Africa is just as retarded as my online debating skills.

I just like playing devils advocate. Im no expert on this subject. I rarely even go to church and have never been involved witha missions trip. Boredom forces me to speak out of my ***.

Last edited by Point|ess : 12-05-2006 at 02:07 PM.
Old 12-05-2006, 02:09 PM #77
Point|ess
Metal Face Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by disinformation View Post
DUDE. It's a condom. They hand them out free at schools. You can get them free at planned parenthood or other clinics run by Satan. With 5 minutes worth of planning, you could put condoms on every boy and man in Africa in less than a year.
You probably catch something if you put condoms on evry man and boy in africa.
Old 12-05-2006, 02:24 PM #78
disinformation

Quote:
You probably catch something if you put condoms on evry man and boy in africa.
HAHAHA
Old 12-05-2006, 03:02 PM #79
elTwitcho

Quote:
Your assumption of Christianity causing the spread of AIDS in Africa is just as retarded as my online debating skills.
Uh, again. No.

Quote:
Ah you mean the people spreading the "don't use condoms it is sinful!" doctrine
This is a fact.

Quote:
a region where AIDS infection has spiralled out of control
Fact.

Quote:
the already impoverished medical system can't even begin to cope?
Fact.

So nice try on rebuking my "assumption", it would have worked totally awesome if only I'd made some kind of assumption for you to argue against.

twitch slaps me around
Because of small cock
Old 12-05-2006, 03:10 PM #80
Adema3412
Give me fiction

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSpy11 View Post
Unfortunately for you the very country you are living in contradicts your opinion. The founders of this nation were either religious or Christian. They instilled values of freedom for this nation that were based off of Godly or religious principles. .
Most of the founding founders were Deist and this government was built on Locke(ian) principles.
on economic subjects while remaining in this state of ignorance.
--Murray Rothbard
Old 12-05-2006, 03:17 PM #81
mynameisjonathon
This is the new sound..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adema3412 View Post
Most of the founding founders were Deist and this government was built on Locke(ian) principles.
QFT.
From a great height
From a great height... height...
Rain down, rain down

http://www.bestpanamacitybeachcondo.com
Old 12-05-2006, 03:59 PM #82
TPB_Bubbles
Veritas Vos Liberabit

Quote:

No one said that it did any good, there are people in this world that choose to exploit their power, but that doesn't mean that all Religion, and religious followers are like this. Religion may be evil, but your right to believe is more important than that. What if someone put a gun to your head, and forced YOU to worship their god, and go to their church. I don't think you'd like that too much, would you?

"Upstream, small redirectons of flow, downstream everything shifts."
Old 12-05-2006, 04:02 PM #83
BunkerNinja

BunkerNinja is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by disinformation View Post
You realize due to superstition that it is common for African males to rape infants so they can transfer the AIDS onto a pure source? I don't see them wearing a condom to do this.
Old 12-05-2006, 04:04 PM #84
NorCalBaller88
iFap

Quote:
Where have you been? We've been BOMBING africa with condoms for the past 10 years now, the U.N. is almost ready to call it an act of aggression.

"Plenty of room at the Hotel California..."
Closed Thread