Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

View Poll Results: Who is tired of the religous right?
yes I'm tired of there "movement" 56 64.37%
no they should stay. 20 22.99%
don't care 11 12.64%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-04-2006, 04:30 PM #43
elTwitcho
***** ***** *****
 
elTwitcho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Toronto Canada
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by mynameisjonathon View Post
Yeah but did you see why he battled communsim. Because it was godless
Yeah uh, no.

Did you read enough to get an actual understanding of what happened or did you just skim it until you got to that part?
__________________
ST:Photo - Trust me, you made a wrong turn

A Haiku about Life - By Secret Asian Man
twitch slaps me around
he likes to make me his *****
Because of small cock
elTwitcho is offline  
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-04-2006, 04:31 PM #44
Adema3412
Give me fiction
 
Adema3412's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by graysonp View Post
You've missed the point of my post, and Adema's post. You need to stop acting like your opinion is the only right one. It's not. Is it so hard to believe that some people disagree with your opinion? You accuse the religious right of hurting morals. You claim that you support programs that benifit those in need and the religious right doesn't. But to those on the religious right, YOU are the one destroying morals and YOU are the one who is misguided and wrong. The ones on the religious right believe that they are helping those at a disadvantage. They believe they are also helping to protect freedoms. Just because you don't share the same morals and political views does not mean that others are wrong. It does not mean that they don't support freedom and liberty. They just have a different view on how to implement freedom and liberty. Maybe if you would realize that, you wouldn't have such a big problem with the religious right.And just because you don't agree with what they've done doesn't mean that they haven't benifited society. It does not mean that they are doing harm to our country. That is YOUR opinion. So don't try to pass it off as a fact.

The right thinks they are correct and that the left is wrong. The left thinks that they are correct and that the right is wrong. Both sides don't agree with how the other one thinks. But apparently you think that everyone in America shares your views and hates the right. You're wrong.

Basically what I would have said minus the support for the RR.
__________________
I can't believe how strange it is to be anything at all
It is no crime to be ignorant of economics, which is, after all, a specialized
discipline. But it is totally irresponsible to have a loud and vociferous opinion
on economic subjects while remaining in this state of ignorance.
--Murray Rothbard
Adema3412 is offline  
Old 12-04-2006, 04:40 PM #45
I love Impulses
Brogrammer IV
 
I love Impulses's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Happy Hour
I love Impulses is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
They can do whatever they want as it does not interfer with my life. Hell, I go to the Campus Crusade For Christ events even though I'm an atheist, I just don't go to anything that is a church event.
__________________
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Why We Drink

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
I love Impulses is offline  
Old 12-04-2006, 05:06 PM #46
southernkid7892
 
 
southernkid7892's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by graysonp View Post
You've missed the point of my post, and Adema's post. You need to stop acting like your opinion is the only right one. It's not. Is it so hard to believe that some people disagree with your opinion? You accuse the religious right of hurting morals. You claim that you support programs that benifit those in need and the religious right doesn't. But to those on the religious right, YOU are the one destroying morals and YOU are the one who is misguided and wrong. The ones on the religious right believe that they are helping those at a disadvantage. They believe they are also helping to protect freedoms. Just because you don't share the same morals and political views does not mean that others are wrong. It does not mean that they don't support freedom and liberty. They just have a different view on how to implement freedom and liberty. Maybe if you would realize that, you wouldn't have such a big problem with the religious right. The religious right has plenty to show for their "time of rule". And just because you don't agree with what they've done doesn't mean that they haven't benifited society. It does not mean that they are doing harm to our country. That is YOUR opinion. So don't try to pass it off as a fact.

In my personal opinion, the religious right has done a lot more good than the liberals on the left throughout America's history. But I can at least accept that the liberals have their own opinion on how things should work, and I can discuss it without accusing them of being wrong or misguided. You need to learn to look at things from the other side's perspective. The right thinks they are correct and that the left is wrong. The left thinks that they are correct and that the right is wrong. Both sides don't agree with how the other one thinks. But apparently you think that everyone in America shares your views and hates the right. You're wrong.
What I have been saying this whole time is that liberals have something to show for when they are in power. We make things better instead of geting in little Bible study groups and arguing about the best way to isolate people that don't agree with them.
__________________
Originally Posted by komodo_117
You gotta treat her right to get what you want in return all night. Think of her like a bank. And, no, I dont mean get her drunk and attempt to rob the ****ing bank.
Originally Posted by incob123
that doesn't make sense you ****ing inbred, you're either smoking hot or you are not smoking hot.
that's like saying your pet is kind-of a dog.
southernkid7892 is offline  
Old 12-04-2006, 05:27 PM #47
ipoppedtimmy
Tony
 
ipoppedtimmy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Chapel Hill
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernkid7892 View Post
We make things better instead of geting in little Bible study groups and arguing about the best way to isolate people that don't agree with them.


You make things 'better' by organizing and arguing how to press your point. Most individuals welcome this idea of 'freedom' but apparently you're not too fond of it.
__________________
UNC
12/29

Buy my Fender Deluxe Tube Amp!
Buy My Autococker Paintball Package
ipoppedtimmy is offline  
Old 12-04-2006, 05:45 PM #48
graysonp
Me = Awesome
 
graysonp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Southern KY
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernkid7892 View Post
What I have been saying this whole time is that liberals have something to show for when they are in power. We make things better instead of geting in little Bible study groups and arguing about the best way to isolate people that don't agree with them.
Are you seriously this naive? I walked you through my point completely and you still don't get it. You apparently think that conservatives walk around looking for ways to ruin America and run the country into the ground...

Liberals only make things better IN YOUR OPINION! According to YOUR OPINION, liberals make things better. According to someone who is conservative, liberals make things WORSE. Do you not understand that? Saying that liberals have something to show for when they are in power and conservatives don't is complete ignorance.

I can just as easily say "The conservative right has something to show for being in power. Liberals don't do anything but destroy morals and ruin society. Liberals are destroying our freedoms and taking away our liberty. Liberals are the downfall of society and the cause of all of America's problems." And I'm obviously right about that, because according to you, opinion is now considered fact.

Last edited by graysonp : 12-04-2006 at 05:49 PM.
graysonp is offline  
Old 12-04-2006, 05:46 PM #49
mynameisjonathon
This is the new sound..
 
mynameisjonathon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: TN
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by elTwitcho View Post
Yeah uh, no.

Did you read enough to get an actual understanding of what happened or did you just skim it until you got to that part?
Psh Im not gonna lie. I only read the first two or three sentances.

Upon further reading.
"he would insist on freedom of religion"
"John Paul II’s papacy was his battle against 'godless' communism"
"encouraging and promoting greater loyalty to the Catholic Church as an alternative to the government itself. "
"Pope John Paul II in particular expressed strong opposition to “political priests” who become more involved with achieving social justice than ministering to their flocks"
"For John Paul, social and political transformation began through internal transformation"

Sounds like hes pretty anti-anti-religion to me. Although it does talk about how he grew up under it and thats probably why etc, I think it is at least fair of me to say that a main reason would be because of its atheistic rule.
__________________
aim yooler
Rain down, rain down
Come on rain down on me
From a great height
From a great height... height...
Rain down, rain down

http://www.bestpanamacitybeachcondo.com

Last edited by mynameisjonathon : 12-04-2006 at 05:52 PM.
mynameisjonathon is offline  
Old 12-04-2006, 05:55 PM #50
not_manbot_revenge
 
 
not_manbot_revenge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: what the hell
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by elTwitcho View Post
Dude, as a Serb, trust me it had very little to do with religion.
and trust me with having islamic relatives in Bosnia who fought both the Croatians and the Serbs, it had to do a huge amount with religion. Sure the Slav's wanted to keep their grip on the ethnic minorities, but those people were minorities via their religion and race. Almost every country broke off due to Ethnic differences and Serbian racist nationalism.
__________________
looking for ebladed/raced cockers and LCD and IR3 Angels for a trade....

AIM=angryjacks hit me up
not_manbot_revenge is offline  
Old 12-04-2006, 08:10 PM #51
mamin88
SuperSupra619
 
mamin88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Flemington, NJ
Twitch, you forgot WW1, you know, the war in which millions died and had absolutly nothing to do with god
mamin88 is offline  
Old 12-04-2006, 08:55 PM #52
elTwitcho
***** ***** *****
 
elTwitcho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Toronto Canada
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by mynameisjonathon View Post
Psh Im not gonna lie. I only read the first two or three sentances.

Upon further reading.
"he would insist on freedom of religion"
"John Paul II’s papacy was his battle against 'godless' communism"
"encouraging and promoting greater loyalty to the Catholic Church as an alternative to the government itself. "
"Pope John Paul II in particular expressed strong opposition to “political priests” who become more involved with achieving social justice than ministering to their flocks"
"For John Paul, social and political transformation began through internal transformation"

Sounds like hes pretty anti-anti-religion to me. Although it does talk about how he grew up under it and thats probably why etc, I think it is at least fair of me to say that a main reason would be because of its atheistic rule.
Sigh.

The reason the POLISH pope, supported the resistance against communism in POLAND, was because he was POLISH.

Quote:
Originally Posted by not_manbot_revenge View Post
and trust me with having islamic relatives in Bosnia who fought both the Croatians and the Serbs, it had to do a huge amount with religion. Sure the Slav's wanted to keep their grip on the ethnic minorities, but those people were minorities via their religion and race. Almost every country broke off due to Ethnic differences and Serbian racist nationalism.
Dude, that's not even close to accurate. Milosevic orchestrated the war for his own purposes, religion wasn't an issue except for the crazy *** Muslims in Bosnia, because with them every conflict gets bent into a religious thing. The Croats and the Serbs are the same religion, and they weren't fighting over it.
__________________
ST:Photo - Trust me, you made a wrong turn

A Haiku about Life - By Secret Asian Man
twitch slaps me around
he likes to make me his *****
Because of small cock
elTwitcho is offline  
Old 12-05-2006, 12:52 AM #53
Swerve22
 
 
Swerve22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Concord NH
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overbear View Post
I guess we disagree there man. I think that all forms of religion have become a bad influence on humanity.
One could argue by your same logic that all forms of government is bad.
__________________
Butthurt Conservative.

www.gunfacts.info
Swerve22 is offline  
Old 12-05-2006, 12:53 AM #54
Swerve22
 
 
Swerve22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Concord NH
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernkid7892 View Post
What I have been saying this whole time is that liberals have something to show for when they are in power. We make things better instead of geting in little Bible study groups and arguing about the best way to isolate people that don't agree with them.
Quit generalizing and slandering and learn how to make a real argument.
__________________
Butthurt Conservative.

www.gunfacts.info
Swerve22 is offline  
Old 12-05-2006, 01:21 AM #55
TPB_Bubbles
Veritas Vos Liberabit
 
TPB_Bubbles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: British Columbia
I think restricting the population's right to believe, is alot worse then the evils of religion.
__________________
"It's better to be aware of one's ignorance than to go on believing dubious and unjustified ideas." - Socrates

"Upstream, small redirectons of flow, downstream everything shifts."
TPB_Bubbles is offline  
Old 12-05-2006, 01:39 AM #56
Swerve22
 
 
Swerve22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Concord NH
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by TPB_Bubbles View Post
I think restricting the population's right to believe, is alot worse then the evils of religion.
Thank somebody for commons sense in this thread.
__________________
Butthurt Conservative.

www.gunfacts.info
Swerve22 is offline  
Old 12-05-2006, 04:24 AM #57
agentdowell
It is inevitable!
 
agentdowell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: The Matrix
agentdowell is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swerve22 View Post
Thank somebody for commons sense in this thread.
Common sense is 'don't walk into traffic' and 'don't let your kids go to Jesus Camp'. This would be an example of personal political opinion.
__________________
Turbulance Nexus Dcut------------------------www.wearecdr.com
"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."
- Galileo Galilei
"Only thing knowledge I have gained from this thread is that agentdowell is kicking everyones ***."
- tonysk83
"BYAHHHH!!! Agentdowell owns this thread now!"
- I love Impulses
Look past the flesh. Look through the soft gelatin of these dull cow eyes and see your enemy.
agentdowell is offline  
Old 12-05-2006, 10:40 AM #58
Swerve22
 
 
Swerve22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Concord NH
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by agentdowell View Post
Common sense is 'don't walk into traffic' and 'don't let your kids go to Jesus Camp'. This would be an example of personal political opinion.
Common sense would also be "let people believe what they want to".
__________________
Butthurt Conservative.

www.gunfacts.info
Swerve22 is offline  
Old 12-05-2006, 12:01 PM #59
NorCalBaller88
iFap
 
NorCalBaller88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: San Luis Obispo, CA
 has been a member for 10 years
All evangelicals should be put in concentration camps and exterminated. Every. Single. One.

I am in no way joking.
__________________
Johns Hopkins, class of 2013
:
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=597002


"Plenty of room at the Hotel California..."
NorCalBaller88 is offline  
Old 12-05-2006, 12:37 PM #60
Swerve22
 
 
Swerve22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Concord NH
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalBaller88 View Post
All evangelicals should be put in concentration camps and exterminated. Every. Single. One.

I am in no way joking.
Who's tired of the atheist left?
__________________
Butthurt Conservative.

www.gunfacts.info
Swerve22 is offline  
Old 12-05-2006, 12:39 PM #61
NorCalBaller88
iFap
 
NorCalBaller88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: San Luis Obispo, CA
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swerve22 View Post
Who's tired of the atheist left?
bring it.
__________________
Johns Hopkins, class of 2013
:
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=597002


"Plenty of room at the Hotel California..."
NorCalBaller88 is offline  
Old 12-05-2006, 12:46 PM #62
Swerve22
 
 
Swerve22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Concord NH
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalBaller88 View Post
bring it.
ssschshhh
__________________
Butthurt Conservative.

www.gunfacts.info
Swerve22 is offline  
Old 12-05-2006, 01:01 PM #63
Overbear
#2 Anti Stim Club Member!
 
Overbear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: San Leandro, CA
Overbear is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swerve22 View Post
Common sense would also be "let people believe what they want to".
Not when its proven harmful to the good of all humanity. You show me where religion has HELPED humanity. I can show you intire ages where religion has worked to hold back human evolution (dark ages ring a bell?). The druids of england helped to teach reading to their people, the church came along and reading/writeing went down the tubes.

No where, ever, in the history of mankind, has religion served any good. Its very design is to control and manupluate the masses.
__________________
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms . . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes . . . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man - Thomas Jefferson

A democracy is, two wolves and a sheep voting on dinner.
A republic is, two sheep and a wolf voting on dinner.
A constitutional republic is, voting on dinner is expressly forbidden and the sheep are armed.

Armed gays don't get bashed - www.pinkpistols.org

ssgaR: 'faith is the path of least resistance'."

Rapier7: Don't be a douche
Overbear is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump