Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

View Poll Results: Who is tired of the religous right?
yes I'm tired of there "movement" 56 64.37%
no they should stay. 20 22.99%
don't care 11 12.64%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-04-2006, 12:57 PM #22
Adema3412
Give me fiction
 
Adema3412's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernkid7892 View Post
Anachists are far south on the spectrum not far left. and yes reduceing the goverment is a good idea but you have to help people too. Animal activists are helping bring new ideas to help preserve the organisms that were here first.
Im going to bed these narcotics are making me sleepy damn doctors I told them I didn't need it. Ill eventualy get around to answering your posts.
My point is that there are idiots on both ends of the spectrum.
__________________
I can't believe how strange it is to be anything at all
It is no crime to be ignorant of economics, which is, after all, a specialized
discipline. But it is totally irresponsible to have a loud and vociferous opinion
on economic subjects while remaining in this state of ignorance.
--Murray Rothbard
Adema3412 is offline  
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-04-2006, 01:01 PM #23
agentdowell
It is inevitable!
 
agentdowell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: The Matrix
agentdowell is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overbear View Post
As I have said all along...


Religion is the opiate of the masses, therefor religion = control, control = bad so we can conclude religion = bad.
Actually, you didn't say this. Marx did. Taking credit where credit is not due...
__________________
Turbulance Nexus Dcut------------------------www.wearecdr.com
"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."
- Galileo Galilei
"Only thing knowledge I have gained from this thread is that agentdowell is kicking everyones ***."
- tonysk83
"BYAHHHH!!! Agentdowell owns this thread now!"
- I love Impulses
Look past the flesh. Look through the soft gelatin of these dull cow eyes and see your enemy.
agentdowell is offline  
Old 12-04-2006, 01:07 PM #24
Overbear
#2 Anti Stim Club Member!
 
Overbear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: San Leandro, CA
Overbear is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by agentdowell View Post
Actually, you didn't say this. Marx did. Taking credit where credit is not due...
OH i know marx said it first, but I can't stand good old karl for the monster he unleashed apon the world, so I am hard pressed to give him credit.
__________________
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms . . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes . . . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man - Thomas Jefferson

A democracy is, two wolves and a sheep voting on dinner.
A republic is, two sheep and a wolf voting on dinner.
A constitutional republic is, voting on dinner is expressly forbidden and the sheep are armed.

Armed gays don't get bashed - www.pinkpistols.org

ssgaR: 'faith is the path of least resistance'."

Rapier7: Don't be a douche
Overbear is offline  
Old 12-04-2006, 01:11 PM #25
kjjm4
Liberty or Death
 
kjjm4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Wind Ridge, PA
kjjm4 is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
kjjm4 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
kjjm4 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
As long as religious people keep to themselves and don't try to decide what I should do based upon their relgion, I don't have any quarrel with them at all. I can't stand it when people try to force "Christian family values" on everybody.
__________________
ďA strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks."
-Thomas Jefferson
kjjm4 is offline  
Old 12-04-2006, 01:19 PM #26
elTwitcho
***** ***** *****
 
elTwitcho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Toronto Canada
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overbear View Post
Take a look around the world. What do you see, I see a world ruled by fear and intimidation in the name of 'god'. I see "holy wars" and murder carried out in the name of 'god'.

Think about this, if religion no longer had part in the world, sure there would still be war but it would be for reasons that are far more tangeable such as land or power, not "for god"
Uh huh...

Without religion would George Bush have gone into Iraq looking for dubya em dees? The "fighting over religion" you have now only happened because of the initial war, which had nothing to do with "the name of god".

What about the various Yugoslav conflicts throughout the nineties? That had everything to do with nationalism and unsettled scores from WW2 and nothing to do with religion.

What about Somalia? Where does god figure into warlords fighting each other for territory and foreign aid come into play?

Rwanda? That was a doozy and I don't remember god coming into play. They managed to kill 800,000 of their own without god's help though, so they certainly get an A for effort.

Vietnam war? Korean war? First Iraq war?

The British stomping Argentine's *** in the falkland wars?

How many people have died exactly in these "wars over god" in the past century? Better yet, which wars are you talking about that were caused by religion?


As to the religious right movement, I hope they move right on into the ocean and never look back.
__________________
ST:Photo - Trust me, you made a wrong turn

A Haiku about Life - By Secret Asian Man
twitch slaps me around
he likes to make me his *****
Because of small cock
elTwitcho is offline  
Old 12-04-2006, 01:26 PM #27
graysonp
Me = Awesome
 
graysonp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Southern KY
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adema3412 View Post
My point is that there are idiots on both ends of the spectrum.
Exactly. There are morons on both sides, and there is intelligence on both sides.

SouthernKid, just because you disagree doesn't give them any reason to not pursue their beliefs. It's no different than me saying "The liberal left is ruining this country and I'm sick of it." And the fact that you imply that only non-Christian liberals are capable of rational thought is ignorant. You can keep thinking they're wrong and ruining our country, but that is your own opinion. It's not a fact, but for some reason you try pass it off as one...
graysonp is offline  
Old 12-04-2006, 02:02 PM #28
not_manbot_revenge
 
 
not_manbot_revenge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: what the hell
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by elTwitcho View Post
Uh huh...

Without religion would George Bush have gone into Iraq looking for dubya em dees? The "fighting over religion" you have now only happened because of the initial war, which had nothing to do with "the name of god".

What about the various Yugoslav conflicts throughout the nineties? That had everything to do with nationalism and unsettled scores from WW2 and nothing to do with religion.

What about Somalia? Where does god figure into warlords fighting each other for territory and foreign aid come into play?

Rwanda? That was a doozy and I don't remember god coming into play. They managed to kill 800,000 of their own without god's help though, so they certainly get an A for effort.

Vietnam war? Korean war? First Iraq war?

The British stomping Argentine's *** in the falkland wars?

How many people have died exactly in these "wars over god" in the past century? Better yet, which wars are you talking about that were caused by religion?


As to the religious right movement, I hope they move right on into the ocean and never look back.
George Bush told several Middle Eastern leaders that he "spoke to God" about invading Iraq.

The Yugoslav breakups had a huge deal to do with religion, sure the slavic nationalism was a major part, but so was racism and bias against the other religions. All three religions had huge atrocities in that war.

Somalia, fine.

Rwanda had several Animist vs. Catholic atrocities, but they were limited and small.

The rest of your wars i'll agree with.

While religion hasn't played a large role in the wars today (compared with 300+ years ago), it is still a major force in this world's political climate. Especially with the general shift towards extremes that the world is experiencing.
__________________
looking for ebladed/raced cockers and LCD and IR3 Angels for a trade....

AIM=angryjacks hit me up
not_manbot_revenge is offline  
Old 12-04-2006, 02:14 PM #29
elTwitcho
***** ***** *****
 
elTwitcho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Toronto Canada
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by not_manbot_revenge View Post
The Yugoslav breakups had a huge deal to do with religion, sure the slavic nationalism was a major part, but so was racism and bias against the other religions. All three religions had huge atrocities in that war.
Dude, as a Serb, trust me it had very little to do with religion.
__________________
ST:Photo - Trust me, you made a wrong turn

A Haiku about Life - By Secret Asian Man
twitch slaps me around
he likes to make me his *****
Because of small cock
elTwitcho is offline  
Old 12-04-2006, 02:26 PM #30
southernkid7892
 
 
southernkid7892's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by graysonp View Post
Exactly. There are morons on both sides, and there is intelligence on both sides.

SouthernKid, just because you disagree doesn't give them any reason to not pursue their beliefs. It's no different than me saying "The liberal left is ruining this country and I'm sick of it." And the fact that you imply that only non-Christian liberals are capable of rational thought is ignorant. You can keep thinking they're wrong and ruining our country, but that is your own opinion. It's not a fact, but for some reason you try pass it off as one...
The liberal left accutaly has things to show for there time of rule. Social security and Welfare (altho full of flaws but correct in theory) are 2 majoir acomplishments made by liberals. What about Civil Rights? ya,liberals did that too. And don't for get the Clean Air Act yes we actualy took a big step to stop pollution.

Also some christians are cappable of rational thought. But from what I've seen they are few and far between. Maybe it's differant in KY but here that's how it is. But you are correct that there are idoits on both sides Hillary is one of ours.
__________________
Originally Posted by komodo_117
You gotta treat her right to get what you want in return all night. Think of her like a bank. And, no, I dont mean get her drunk and attempt to rob the ****ing bank.
Originally Posted by incob123
that doesn't make sense you ****ing inbred, you're either smoking hot or you are not smoking hot.
that's like saying your pet is kind-of a dog.
southernkid7892 is offline  
Old 12-04-2006, 02:29 PM #31
Adema3412
Give me fiction
 
Adema3412's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernkid7892 View Post
The liberal left accutaly has things to show for there time of rule. Social security and Welfare (altho full of flaws but correct in theory) are 2 majoir acomplishments made by liberals. What about Civil Rights? ya,liberals did that too. And don't for get the Clean Air Act yes we actualy took a big step to stop pollution.

Also some christians are cappable of rational thought. But from what I've seen they are few and far between. Maybe it's differant in KY but here that's how it is. But you are correct that there are idoits on both sides Hillary is one of ours.
And the right have protected guns, morals, private property, and deterred the threat of socialism. It's all opinion, there are idiots and geniuses on both sides of the spectrum.
__________________
I can't believe how strange it is to be anything at all
It is no crime to be ignorant of economics, which is, after all, a specialized
discipline. But it is totally irresponsible to have a loud and vociferous opinion
on economic subjects while remaining in this state of ignorance.
--Murray Rothbard
Adema3412 is offline  
Old 12-04-2006, 02:31 PM #32
elTwitcho
***** ***** *****
 
elTwitcho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Toronto Canada
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernkid7892 View Post
The liberal left accutaly has things to show for there time of rule.
The Pope was a major contributor to the collapse of the Soviet Union. That's kind of something to show...
__________________
ST:Photo - Trust me, you made a wrong turn

A Haiku about Life - By Secret Asian Man
twitch slaps me around
he likes to make me his *****
Because of small cock
elTwitcho is offline  
Old 12-04-2006, 02:42 PM #33
southernkid7892
 
 
southernkid7892's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adema3412 View Post
And the right have protected guns, morals, private property, and deterred the threat of socialism. It's all opinion, there are idiots and geniuses on both sides of the spectrum.
The "threat" of socialism? What is this "threat" you speak of? We aren't living in the Cold War. There is something wrong with programs to help the poor and disantaged? Maybe you prefer to make youself look powerfull by leaving others in your path behind to live a worse live than yourself. However I choose to help those people you would put down. I choose to help everyone live a good life full of happyness. Not leave them to suffer because Stailn might come back from the dead. No I choose to expand programs to help the dissavantged (sp?).

About morals. The morals they have supported are oppresion and restriction of the right of people to live there life. No they have not supported my morals of freedom and the right to live how you want. The talk about morals is just another way the religous right tries to control america.
__________________
Originally Posted by komodo_117
You gotta treat her right to get what you want in return all night. Think of her like a bank. And, no, I dont mean get her drunk and attempt to rob the ****ing bank.
Originally Posted by incob123
that doesn't make sense you ****ing inbred, you're either smoking hot or you are not smoking hot.
that's like saying your pet is kind-of a dog.
southernkid7892 is offline  
Old 12-04-2006, 02:43 PM #34
southernkid7892
 
 
southernkid7892's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by elTwitcho View Post
The Pope was a major contributor to the collapse of the Soviet Union. That's kind of something to show...
In what way specifics please?
__________________
Originally Posted by komodo_117
You gotta treat her right to get what you want in return all night. Think of her like a bank. And, no, I dont mean get her drunk and attempt to rob the ****ing bank.
Originally Posted by incob123
that doesn't make sense you ****ing inbred, you're either smoking hot or you are not smoking hot.
that's like saying your pet is kind-of a dog.
southernkid7892 is offline  
Old 12-04-2006, 02:44 PM #35
Adema3412
Give me fiction
 
Adema3412's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernkid7892 View Post
The "threat" of socialism? What is this "threat" you speak of? We aren't living in the Cold War. There is something wrong with programs to help the poor and disantaged? Maybe you prefer to make youself look powerfull by leaving others in your path behind to live a worse live than yourself. However I choose to help those people you would put down. I choose to help everyone live a good life full of happyness. Not leave them to suffer because Stailn might come back from the dead. No I choose to expand programs to help the dissavantged (sp?).

About morals. The morals they have supported are oppresion and restriction of the right of people to live there life. No they have not supported my morals of freedom and the right to live how you want. The talk about morals is just another way the religous right tries to control america.
You really fail at seeing my point.
Think perspectives.
__________________
I can't believe how strange it is to be anything at all
It is no crime to be ignorant of economics, which is, after all, a specialized
discipline. But it is totally irresponsible to have a loud and vociferous opinion
on economic subjects while remaining in this state of ignorance.
--Murray Rothbard
Adema3412 is offline  
Old 12-04-2006, 02:47 PM #36
southernkid7892
 
 
southernkid7892's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adema3412 View Post
You really fail at seeing my point.
Think perspectives.
Socialsim was not the evil. It was the people that used it as an exucse to take away peoples rights.
__________________
Originally Posted by komodo_117
You gotta treat her right to get what you want in return all night. Think of her like a bank. And, no, I dont mean get her drunk and attempt to rob the ****ing bank.
Originally Posted by incob123
that doesn't make sense you ****ing inbred, you're either smoking hot or you are not smoking hot.
that's like saying your pet is kind-of a dog.
southernkid7892 is offline  
Old 12-04-2006, 02:49 PM #37
disinformation
 
 
disinformation's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
I'm actually pretty sick of the religious left more so than the right.
disinformation is offline  
Old 12-04-2006, 02:49 PM #38
Adema3412
Give me fiction
 
Adema3412's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernkid7892 View Post
Socialsim was not the evil. It was the people that used it as an exucse to take away peoples rights.
Once again
__________________
I can't believe how strange it is to be anything at all
It is no crime to be ignorant of economics, which is, after all, a specialized
discipline. But it is totally irresponsible to have a loud and vociferous opinion
on economic subjects while remaining in this state of ignorance.
--Murray Rothbard
Adema3412 is offline  
Old 12-04-2006, 03:00 PM #39
chodeyg
sprezzatura
 
chodeyg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: via lactea
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjjm4 View Post
As long as religious people keep to themselves and don't try to decide what I should do based upon their relgion, I don't have any quarrel with them at all. I can't stand it when people try to force "Christian family values" on everybody.
.

As of right now, I am very tired of them.
__________________
Resurrect dead on planet Jupiter
chodeyg is offline  
Old 12-04-2006, 03:09 PM #40
elTwitcho
***** ***** *****
 
elTwitcho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Toronto Canada
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernkid7892 View Post
In what way specifics please?
It's kind of an accepted historical fact, look it up sometime.

http://atheism.about.com/od/popejohn.../communism.htm

I don't know if that covers the topic or not, truth be told I didn't even read it I just took the first google result. Hopefully that helps, if not www.google.com
__________________
ST:Photo - Trust me, you made a wrong turn

A Haiku about Life - By Secret Asian Man
twitch slaps me around
he likes to make me his *****
Because of small cock
elTwitcho is offline  
Old 12-04-2006, 03:26 PM #41
graysonp
Me = Awesome
 
graysonp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Southern KY
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernkid7892 View Post
The liberal left accutaly has things to show for there time of rule. Social security and Welfare (altho full of flaws but correct in theory) are 2 majoir acomplishments made by liberals. What about Civil Rights? ya,liberals did that too. And don't for get the Clean Air Act yes we actualy took a big step to stop pollution.

Also some christians are cappable of rational thought. But from what I've seen they are few and far between. Maybe it's differant in KY but here that's how it is. But you are correct that there are idoits on both sides Hillary is one of ours.
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernkid7892 View Post
The "threat" of socialism? What is this "threat" you speak of? We aren't living in the Cold War. There is something wrong with programs to help the poor and disantaged? Maybe you prefer to make youself look powerfull by leaving others in your path behind to live a worse live than yourself. However I choose to help those people you would put down. I choose to help everyone live a good life full of happyness. Not leave them to suffer because Stailn might come back from the dead. No I choose to expand programs to help the dissavantged (sp?).

About morals. The morals they have supported are oppresion and restriction of the right of people to live there life. No they have not supported my morals of freedom and the right to live how you want. The talk about morals is just another way the religous right tries to control america.
You've missed the point of my post, and Adema's post. You need to stop acting like your opinion is the only right one. It's not. Is it so hard to believe that some people disagree with your opinion? You accuse the religious right of hurting morals. You claim that you support programs that benifit those in need and the religious right doesn't. But to those on the religious right, YOU are the one destroying morals and YOU are the one who is misguided and wrong. The ones on the religious right believe that they are helping those at a disadvantage. They believe they are also helping to protect freedoms. Just because you don't share the same morals and political views does not mean that others are wrong. It does not mean that they don't support freedom and liberty. They just have a different view on how to implement freedom and liberty. Maybe if you would realize that, you wouldn't have such a big problem with the religious right. The religious right has plenty to show for their "time of rule". And just because you don't agree with what they've done doesn't mean that they haven't benifited society. It does not mean that they are doing harm to our country. That is YOUR opinion. So don't try to pass it off as a fact.

In my personal opinion, the religious right has done a lot more good than the liberals on the left throughout America's history. But I can at least accept that the liberals have their own opinion on how things should work, and I can discuss it without accusing them of being wrong or misguided. You need to learn to look at things from the other side's perspective. The right thinks they are correct and that the left is wrong. The left thinks that they are correct and that the right is wrong. Both sides don't agree with how the other one thinks. But apparently you think that everyone in America shares your views and hates the right. You're wrong.

Last edited by graysonp : 12-04-2006 at 03:29 PM.
graysonp is offline  
Old 12-04-2006, 03:28 PM #42
mynameisjonathon
This is the new sound..
 
mynameisjonathon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: TN
 has been a member for 10 years
Yeah but did you see why he battled communsim. Because it was godless
__________________
aim yooler
Rain down, rain down
Come on rain down on me
From a great height
From a great height... height...
Rain down, rain down

http://www.bestpanamacitybeachcondo.com
mynameisjonathon is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump