Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-01-2016, 07:38 PM #1
Old-Soul

New 'mag owner - what am I dealing with here?

Good day all.

Oops'd myself into automag ownership this week, not entirely sure exactly what I've got here.

Seller listed it as a minimag, but I'm not so sure. It has "68 Auto" on the body but the valve appears to be devoid of any markings. Body and valve both appear to be stainless. It came with two barrels, the one pictured any another that is indexed wrong for this gun

Still, for the $100 it cost shipped to my door I don't think it was a bad buy, it seems to cycle fine and apart from a real good cleaning it needs nothing to game (but I'm adding an on/off and probably an All-A barrel and better grips).

WTB: 2XL/3XL Renegade jersey
WTB: Dye Angel LCD
Old-Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-01-2016, 08:54 PM #2
93klauss

As for the valve, not familiar with the mini valve, but I'm sure someone can tell ya ...It looks like a mini mag body, mixed with a smart parts splash kit...

Try out http://www.automags.org/forums

Find all the information, and possibilities there.

Last edited by 93klauss : 04-01-2016 at 09:27 PM.
93klauss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 09:43 PM #3
C_losjoker

100 bucks is a great deal for that, the splash kit will get you more. If you can find a matching frame and feed plug, you would have a complete one.

That is a minimag body, the windows cut into the front is the style for them, most came with classic 68 valve.

That might be a ptp or lapco splash kit, the Oval milling on the side of the rail makes me thing that. I am thinking ptp.

Just to let you know some of the splash kits are collected, special if ppl have some of the matching parts.
C_losjoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 11:27 PM #4
Old-Soul

Thanks guys!

The splash is what drew me to it, when I first started in '99 I fell in love with splash guns and that's never left.

Now, I'm pretty sure the gas-through is actually an hpr off an autococker haha. So I guess I better add a gas-through to my wish list.

Also, is there a different barrel design between classics and minis? What's the point of that??

Old 04-02-2016, 12:25 AM #5
LoveMyMagMoreThanYou
Got my 'Mag! Let's GO!!!!

LoveMyMagMoreThanYou has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
LoveMyMagMoreThanYou has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
LoveMyMagMoreThanYou has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
The minis and the regular Automags used the same barrels. The bodies came in hopper right, hopper left and center feed. Most barrels came milled for right and left feed. I believe there are some out there that only work with one or the other, but most barrel makers milled them to work with both. The tricky one is the center feed. Those barrels, if my memory serves correctly, only work with center feed bodies. I hope that helped.
LoveMyMagMoreThanYou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 11:09 AM #6
C_losjoker

Oh by the way, welcome to the addiction. You will soon find out that they multiple like rabbits, I started with one very basic mag. I now have maybe 7 and enough parts to build way more.
C_losjoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 08:55 PM #7
93klauss

Quote:
Originally Posted by C_losjoker View Post
Oh by the way, welcome to the addiction. You will soon find out that they multiple like rabbits, I started with one very basic mag. I now have maybe 7 and enough parts to build way more.
Yea, its worse than gambling, and you get something out of it...

But just like your odd barrel, some Mag parts do not fit with other mag parts...
Enjoy.
Old 04-04-2016, 06:11 PM #8
Old-Soul

I've taken some detail photos of the valve, bolt, body and barrels for you guys.

What output pressure do these like most?I believe my Guardian 68/45 is around 800psi.

Old 04-09-2016, 08:51 PM #9
93klauss

I believe that is a mini mag valve, never had one myself... Level seven bolt. From what I have learned Mags like high pressure. Should shoot with your tank.
Old 04-10-2016, 09:55 PM #10
Old-Soul

Thanks man!