PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 05-14-2015, 01:58 PM #1
boobie817

boobie817 is playing at Living Legends V
boobie817 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Xvalve Leak

I have a leak that i can't fix. This is a reverse xvalve with a lvl x bolt and ULT. First i replaced every O-ring in this gun. It has a new reg piston since i mangled the original trying to open it. It leaks from the vent hole in the back section of the valve. Regardless of the pressure or if im holding the trigger it leaks. I cleaned it out, replaced all the orings and the reg piston and lubed it up. I can't figure out the leak. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-14-2015, 10:04 PM #2
LlamaRama

has been a member for 10 years
I had something similar that I grappled with for two years. The first problem I had is that I had broken the plastic spacer that is in between the origins on the regulator valve pin. The Second problem I had is that I did not replace every o ring with an official agd polyurethane o ring. I had two butyl nitrates that kept the regulator vslve pin in the front of the body. This caused the gun to also hold onto its pressure after the on off was turned off and vented. Third, I did not have my level x tuned right. The referees angle should not matter. You've probably looked at the on off orings multiple times. Look at the rest of the valve and reg. and list everything else wrong with the gun no matter how inconsequential.
I knew I was dead
After that first step
I knew I would fall
After that first breath
Was the end of it all.
LlamaRama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 06:26 PM #3
boobie817

boobie817 is playing at Living Legends V
boobie817 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I figured it out. The 2 orings on the reg piston were the wrong type. They were Teflon not buna 90. It sealed right up once I switched them over. Thanks
boobie817 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 09:41 PM #4
LlamaRama

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by boobie817 View Post
I figured it out. The 2 orings on the reg piston were the wrong type. They were Teflon not buna 90. It sealed right up once I switched them over. Thanks

Glad I could save you the suffering I went through! FYI, buna 90 probably will give you problems in the future. I had problems with the gun staying pressurized after I had turned off the air, bled the line, and pulled the trigger. In a weird way, the butyl orings also seemed to mess up my timing. Polyurethane is the way to go, and nowadays one of the few ways to get it is with an official rebuild kit.
I knew I was dead
After that first step
I knew I would fall
After that first breath
Was the end of it all.
LlamaRama is offline   Reply With Quote