Old 02-02-2007, 07:07 PM #106
XxTNxX (Banned)
Respect My Authority

XxTNxX is a Paintball photographer
XxTNxX helped look for balloons
XxTNxX is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by amapballer View Post
I agree that a lot of what you say is true. It is basic business strategy. Both companies are there to make money and in order to do so, with retail prices falling, they created a new market niche. In the long run it may be more expensive to upgrade a PMR, but what if a person wants an affordable marker so they can play and get better? Suppose someone wanted to buy a DM6/7, or even a PM6/7. If they are new they might not care enough about super high performance and just want to play. It could take several months for a teenager or new player to save up the extra money to buy a higher end marker. Instead, they buy what they can afford and slowly upgrade it. Most people do not think about the total financial cost of this, they are just proud of their markers. Haven't you ever heard some newb bragging about his/her new barrel, trigger, or whatever? Instead of laughing at them, be a leader for the sport and be proactive. Ask them about their Ion or PMR before they have a chance to brag. Sometimes if they see a good player at a local field who shows interest, they will keep coming back..and improve. Some people just don't have the disposable income to buy a top of the line marker. In those extra months, they could be actually playing if they opt to buy a PMR. This makes them better and also, in the long run, poors more money into the industry. They do this by going to their local and playing w/their PMR instead of sitting at home wishing they were playing, or looking for a cheap DM6. Tournament players sometimes get lost in their own little world where the best guns are the most expensive and they do not respect rec players. This is a mistake because we should all respect rec players for the support they give the industry. They are the ones that keep paintball alive. Hence, why Dye and SP have focused on a market niche that will reach both tourny and rec players. Besides, if you are a descent player anyway, you should know that any player, no matter what they are shooting, can put you out in a game. You might blame it on a lucky ball, but most of the time if you are hit, its because YOU screwed up. Not your gun, not your teammates- YOU. So next time you get shot out by a player with a PMR or Ion, or whatever....think about what you did wrong and work to improve it. Blaming others for your mistakes will get you no where. Belittling others b/c they can't afford a $1000 marker will not make you a better player. Encourage those around you to do better and don't criticize them if their talent level is less than you. In time, they may become better than you. Sorry this rant took so long. Flame me if you want.
I will not flame you, and will not argue with you.

Thank God for another PBN'er for knowing business strategies.

I totally agree with you, yes tourny ballers do get caught up in the hype about amazing high end guns, I am proud of the fact that I shoot high end guns, yes. But, I have also played with a friends PMR and found it to not be so bad (still not as good as my highends) but it preformed well none the less.

I do realize that people do not have $1000 to spend on a marker right away. Believe it or not, neither do I. I get amazing deals, The PM6 i only paid $400 for it BNIB, the Pulse I got it for free from the guy I bought the PM6 from. The virtue board I got for free from a friend who had it just sitting in his PM6 stock frame. The 45/45 I got for $70. Yes, I realize its an entirely new setup (still have all my old stuff, but sold gun for money)

You can easily get hooked up with the best deals locally when not even trying. The PMR is not a bad marker at all, and I respect rec ballers.

The point to my argument is that the PMR will eventually turn into the "Next Gen ION" in the sense that people will spend a lot of their money on it, and by Cup next November they will try to sell it for an insane amount of money or try to trade it off for a high end gun (most ION owners do/did that).
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-02-2007, 07:13 PM #107
autococker2k6

autococker2k6 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
autococker2k6 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
wohoo finally got my pmr ul frame going in the number one spot lol
Old 02-02-2007, 07:33 PM #108
crazytrickz911
HK :)

this gun is the best!!.
esspecally with the ul frame.

Old 02-02-2007, 07:58 PM #109
PBWeasel30

Ill have my UL frame Monday, I will post pics then, of my black with red parts ULed PMR.
http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g1...desgear003.jpg
My Feedback
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...1#post24987631
XBOX LIVE- Wade30
Old 02-02-2007, 09:28 PM #110
autococker2k6

autococker2k6 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
autococker2k6 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit