PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 11-24-2006, 01:37 PM #22
jasoncho92
+5 Feedback

Well i shot about a case into the stock reg and it was still getting +4/-4 so i switched to my det which from the graph has the second best recharge. But doesnt the evolve reg have one of the best too?

Piranha Ext G3 Pro//E-Force Frame//14" Teardrop Barrel//Boss Bolt//Boss Blade//High Flow Valve Pin//Macroline//Clear Halo B//48/3000 PSI Pure Energy Tank

My Feedback- http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...hreadid=984112

My Piranha- http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/2261/dscn30937et.jpg
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-24-2006, 01:49 PM #23
Chiumanfu

The LP evolve regs were very good. A lot of the later model universal ones had issues (not regulating when gassed up) and were discontinued/refunded. I'm not sure if they have fixed the issues yet.
Old 11-24-2006, 04:26 PM #24
Ydna
timetraveler

Ydna is a Moderator
Ydna is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Ydna is BST Trusted
That test was done in 2004, there have been some changes since then. You can notice the ion reg isn't on the chart, nor are a lot of others (cp, verticla max-flo, evolve, etc etc etc etc). None of those regs were out yet except for hte old Flo.

Yes, the Ion reg is faster than the CP vert. It's been tested and proven by several completely independant pressure tests, one of which I did personally.

Consistency has a lot to do with the reg base being broken in, and other factors not even related to the regulator itself. I wouldn't suggest arbitrarilly stating one reg as more consistent than another just due to how it performed one time out on the field (or whatever the case may be). Just about anything can impact the consistency, including temperature, air fill dirt, o-ring tolerances, base seat tolerances, and just about anything else involved.

As told by Stobaeus
...someone who had begun to learn geometry with Euclid, when he had learnt the first theorem, asked Euclid "What shall I get by learning these things?" Euclid called his slave and said "Give him threepence since he must make gain out of what he learns".