PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 09-03-2001, 12:32 PM #1
CrazyEdd

has been a member for 10 years
How well does the ACE work?

I was just wondering if the ACE totally eliminates chops, or if it's just something that saves you here and there. There are a lot of gimmick type things in this sport, and I was curious if you think this is one of them.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-03-2001, 01:20 PM #2
gatorchris
BS unnecessary

Without a revvy its not much help, the delay is just too short, with a revvy its flawless, Ive shot 12 cases so far and havent had one chop shooting at 12-14 bps. I use a 12v revvy, I cant speak for the 9. Im curious as to how it works with the SOB though, the rate of fire is higher, does it keep up?
Old 09-03-2001, 03:46 PM #3
defiance

I disagree completely. I've run 14bps full auto with a non-rev VL. In fact, that was one of the first tests I ever did. It worked flawlessly even under those conditions. Obviously, the ROF wasn't even close to 14bps then, but that's to be expected; The standard VL's feed in random spurts of 5-10 bps. If you've tried yours with a VL and had a chop, you may have a problem with your eyes.

U.S. District Judge Garr M. King, Re: Smart Parts' patent on electronic paintball markers

Last edited by defiance : 09-03-2001 at 03:49 PM.
Old 09-03-2001, 04:14 PM #4
mezpo

yeah i agree. i had the battery die in my rev at a practice and the gun had delays between shots but didnt chop a singel ball.