Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 11-21-2006, 06:29 PM #1
yakitori
Steal this and DIE...

has been a member for 10 years
AKA HOW TO: Trigger installation

AKA How To: Trigger install (the yak method)

Ok, so if you are reading this, you are probably installing a trigger and looking for reference. Ill cut right to it. This is how I do it. And I stress I….there are other ways to do it, but I find this to be the easiest way and requires the least amount of disassembly. In some cases, no disassembly is required.

Tools needed:

AKA gun / frame
Extreme lube
Blue (removable) loctite
Appropriate allen wrenches
Trigger (no brainer)

Pre install steps: Remove old trigger. I had sold my nurvous, so I didn’t have one to show pics of uninstalling, but I have pics just for the hell of it. To do it using the Yak method, unscrew your switch activation set screw. This allows you to be able to pull the old trigger out through the front of the frame. Unscrew the second allen setscrew from the front of your gun on your trigger frame. These are 2 pics for this step.

Turn your gun over so the right side is facing up. Push out your trigger pin w/ something small enough to go all the way through. I used an allen key.

Step 1:

Prep your new trigger. If it has roller bearings, put a drop of lube on the bearings and put the trigger pin in the hole and twist it so that the oil penetrates into the bearings and spreads around.

Step 2:

Turn your allen screws on the trigger out to expose enough thread to put blue loctite on them. Don’t overdo the loctite. Just a small drop is enough.

Last edited by yakitori : 11-22-2006 at 05:49 AM.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-21-2006, 06:30 PM #2
yakitori
Steal this and DIE...

Step 3:

Turn your allen screws all the way flush with the edges of the trigger. This allows you to put the trigger through while the gun is still completely assembled. *Note…some triggers are different shapes and may or may not fit through the trigger guard space. Fortunately, Ive been able to get all of mine through that way*.

Step 4:

Slide your new trigger through the front of the trigger frame while the gun is assembled. This step is pretty straightforward. Just remember be careful not to force anything and scratch your anodizing. If it doesn’t slip in that easily, you may need to unscrew your setscrews a tad more.

Step 5:

Replace the trigger pin. Acidcustoms triggers come w/ a trigger pin. Don’t try and use the stock one, I checked….it seems too big to fit through the bearings.

Step 6:

Replace the trigger pin setscrew. I put a small drop of blue loctite on this as well. No need to overtighten it. You might strip your frame if you try to much.

Step 7:

Use your allen wrench to adjust the trigger setscrews. I always adjust the trigger where I want it first….THEN…adjust the activation setscrew.

Step 8:

This may or may not be necessary depending on your trigger style and whether or not you have already adjusted your return stop and it doesn’t require tweaking by luck. I had to adjust it this time, but its still minimal disassembly.

Step 9:

Tweak it to your liking. Probably only need minor adjustments from here. Then you can walk around the house like a dork walking your trigger just to make sure you like the feel of it. .

Pics of installed trigger.

Old 11-22-2006, 06:56 AM #3
ZachAttack420
Post Tostied

Muy bueno! Love the pics
If you can remember, you didn't do it right. I love drunk women. It must be 4:20 somewhere...
Originally Posted by p8ntxxxball-
"Vikings are fast enough to blow a womans clothes off at 3 meters. scientificly proven...by me..."
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=1863178
Old 11-22-2006, 08:19 AM #4
Forsaken_id (Banned)
Ω

Forsaken_id is a Supporting Member
Very nice write up, that is exactly how i do it too and very nice Excal.

--Rome