Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

 
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-13-2007, 12:11 PM #253
B-RY LEONE
 
 
B-RY LEONE's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Lock Haven Pa
june 16th

We will be there to help and play.
B-RY LEONE is offline  
Old 06-13-2007, 09:38 PM #254
KPL Paul
 
 
KPL Paul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: kneeling at the cross
Updated team list - KPL East Event 3 - 1 Shot Paintball - Marion PA

Registered Teams
Dirty South - Chambersburg PA
SydeFX - Pottsville PA
Shoguns - Richmond VA
Ship Paintball - Shippensburg PA
Rapture - Chambersburg PA
Hailstorm - Sunbury PA
The Three Am-Egos - Harrisburg PA
Punishers - Lock Haven PA
Rapture B - Chambersburg PA

Don't stop now. 7 spots left.
__________________
KEYSTONE PAINTBALL LEAGUE www.kpl3man.net
REVELATION PAINTBALL PRODUCTS www.revelationpaint.com
PLAY RIGHTEOUS
Sup'Air - The official bunker of the KPL www.supairball.com
REVELATIONPIX - KPL PHOTO SOURCE www.revelationpix.photoreflect.com
KPL Paul is offline  
Old 06-15-2007, 03:58 PM #255
JcBook
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
add Revolution Inc A there also paul
JcBook is offline  
Old 06-15-2007, 09:30 PM #256
KPL Paul
 
 
KPL Paul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: kneeling at the cross
Good to see you guys coming. I will have picture cd's from the last event available.

See you in the morning.
__________________
KEYSTONE PAINTBALL LEAGUE www.kpl3man.net
REVELATION PAINTBALL PRODUCTS www.revelationpaint.com
PLAY RIGHTEOUS
Sup'Air - The official bunker of the KPL www.supairball.com
REVELATIONPIX - KPL PHOTO SOURCE www.revelationpix.photoreflect.com
KPL Paul is offline  
Old 06-15-2007, 09:37 PM #257
KPL Paul
 
 
KPL Paul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: kneeling at the cross
KPL East Event 3

field open at 7:00

Captians meeting 8:45

Opening Ceremony at 9:15

First game at 9:30

See you there.
__________________
KEYSTONE PAINTBALL LEAGUE www.kpl3man.net
REVELATION PAINTBALL PRODUCTS www.revelationpaint.com
PLAY RIGHTEOUS
Sup'Air - The official bunker of the KPL www.supairball.com
REVELATIONPIX - KPL PHOTO SOURCE www.revelationpix.photoreflect.com
KPL Paul is offline  
Old 06-16-2007, 04:46 PM #258
tr4mm
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: PA
 has been a member for 10 years
tr4mm is for the Gunfight
tr4mm has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
tr4mm has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Hey, I just wanted to say I think the reffing staff at event 3 was the best so far. They did a good job.

However I do have one complaint, but just to make it clear it was a good event and we just had an off day.

I did not like the fact that the field owner wouldnt let you change the field. This gave the two teams under his sponsorship an unfair advantage having played there before. This probably wouldnt have effected our outcome, but it may have effected alot of the other top teams that were there. I feel that all teams should have an equal opportunity on each field and be seeing the field for the first time.

Just my two cents, but like I said I had a good time.
__________________
Total: +99/-0
PBnation: +34/-0 (+14 old, +20 new)
PBreview: +3/-0
AO: +4/-0
Ebay: +58/-0

"Originally posted by mas19: I told of ref on the dxs field that the yellow substance on my hopper was mustard from lunch."
tr4mm is offline  
Old 06-16-2007, 08:42 PM #259
ack
you wanna touch my what?!
 
ack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: N.E. Pennsylvania
ack is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
ack has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Just a few quick ones from today.. I should have the rest up tomorrow...




__________________
**SMD**
Powered by Rockstar Energry Drink
ack is offline  
Old 06-17-2007, 09:52 AM #260
turtleman321
 
 
turtleman321's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by tr4mm View Post
Hey, I just wanted to say I think the reffing staff at event 3 was the best so far. They did a good job.

However I do have one complaint, but just to make it clear it was a good event and we just had an off day.

I did not like the fact that the field owner wouldnt let you change the field. This gave the two teams under his sponsorship an unfair advantage having played there before. This probably wouldnt have effected our outcome, but it may have effected alot of the other top teams that were there. I feel that all teams should have an equal opportunity on each field and be seeing the field for the first time.

Just my two cents, but like I said I had a good time.
i agree 100%. im not trying to rag on the two teams sponsored by one shot but you could tell the field had been set up like that for a while because the grass was like 8 inches high around most of the bunkers.
turtleman321 is offline  
Old 06-17-2007, 11:08 AM #261
SeanyboyLD
Ginger
 
SeanyboyLD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Hershey
SeanyboyLD plays in the USPL
I had fun reffing this event.

I liked the atmosphere, everyone just got along with very little arguments. Teams played great too.

Hopefully I can come out and ref again at the next event
SeanyboyLD is offline  
Old 06-17-2007, 11:27 AM #262
tr4mm
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: PA
 has been a member for 10 years
tr4mm is for the Gunfight
tr4mm has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
tr4mm has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by turtleman321 View Post
i agree 100%. im not trying to rag on the two teams sponsored by one shot but you could tell the field had been set up like that for a while because the grass was like 8 inches high around most of the bunkers.

Yeah I wasnt trying to rag on them either, they seemed to play pretty well. I just think everybody should have the same experience with the fields. You could also tell because every bunker had no grass behind it from being slid into so much. I dont know how much the teams practice, but if they practice every weekend on a field that doesnt change and they wont allowed changed, this gives them a huge advantage over teams coming to play in the tourney.

Again I dont want to rag on any team, but I think that any field with this policy shouldnt be one of the fields to host the kpl.

In the future I would suggest that if a field doesnt let you change it up (even if you promise to change it back) then find a new field. The guys at 1 shot are nice guys, but thats just my opinion.
__________________
Total: +99/-0
PBnation: +34/-0 (+14 old, +20 new)
PBreview: +3/-0
AO: +4/-0
Ebay: +58/-0

"Originally posted by mas19: I told of ref on the dxs field that the yellow substance on my hopper was mustard from lunch."

Last edited by tr4mm : 06-17-2007 at 11:36 AM.
tr4mm is offline  
Old 06-17-2007, 03:25 PM #263
ack
you wanna touch my what?!
 
ack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: N.E. Pennsylvania
ack is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
ack has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Umm... I guess I could see your point if their teams ran away with the tournament, but I don't believe either team made the final four (not a dig at them.. great guys). But that's just my opinion (which usually don't amount to much)...
__________________
**SMD**
Powered by Rockstar Energry Drink
ack is offline  
Old 06-17-2007, 05:21 PM #264
miniCOCKER22
 
 
miniCOCKER22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: H-burg
Why does Nate always end up with the sickest photos. Ha.
__________________
Feedback
East Coast Cartel
miniCOCKER22 is offline  
Old 06-17-2007, 05:24 PM #265
SeanyboyLD
Ginger
 
SeanyboyLD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Hershey
SeanyboyLD plays in the USPL
Quote:
Originally Posted by miniCOCKER22 View Post
Why does Nate always end up with the sickest photos. Ha.
It's because he's the sickest person to take photos of. Ha

SeanyboyLD is offline  
Old 06-17-2007, 07:50 PM #266
ack
you wanna touch my what?!
 
ack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: N.E. Pennsylvania
ack is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
ack has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Sorry.. didn't get the photos up today.. too busy..

Here's one of my favorites.. see anything in it?

__________________
**SMD**
Powered by Rockstar Energry Drink
ack is offline  
Old 06-17-2007, 07:51 PM #267
ack
you wanna touch my what?!
 
ack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: N.E. Pennsylvania
ack is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
ack has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
yep.. he was eliminated with that gog shot
__________________
**SMD**
Powered by Rockstar Energry Drink
ack is offline  
Old 06-17-2007, 07:56 PM #268
SeanyboyLD
Ginger
 
SeanyboyLD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Hershey
SeanyboyLD plays in the USPL
Quote:
Originally Posted by ack View Post
yep.. he was eliminated with that gog shot
ha that is SICK. It's just about to hit his face

that's my old shocker

Edit: I wanna see that "Infamous Mirror'd Lense Shot" you took of me when i was reffing. I bet it turned out well
SeanyboyLD is offline  
Old 06-17-2007, 09:42 PM #269
KPL Paul
 
 
KPL Paul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: kneeling at the cross
Jay - nice shots as always. I appreciate the you taking the time to help me with the pics. When I grow up, I want to be as good as you.

About the field - 1 Shot is an orginal field of the KPL and we always enjoy coming their facility. The reason they needed to keep the field the same is because of an ongoing series (CVPL) that they host. Everyone knows that we like to set up a field for that day, but it is not always possible. Any unfair advantage was wiped away by the end of the prelims. After 8 games, most teams had the field figured out.
__________________
KEYSTONE PAINTBALL LEAGUE www.kpl3man.net
REVELATION PAINTBALL PRODUCTS www.revelationpaint.com
PLAY RIGHTEOUS
Sup'Air - The official bunker of the KPL www.supairball.com
REVELATIONPIX - KPL PHOTO SOURCE www.revelationpix.photoreflect.com
KPL Paul is offline  
Old 06-17-2007, 09:46 PM #270
KPL Paul
 
 
KPL Paul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: kneeling at the cross
KPL East Event 3 - Results

1st - Revolution A, Lewisberry PA
2nd - Shoguns, Richmand VA
3rd - SydeFX, Pottsville PA
4th - Hailstorm, Sunbury PA

10 bonus pts - SydeFX for 1st in prelims
5 bonus pts - Rapture for 2nd in prelims
5 sportsmanship pts to Three Am-Egos and Hailstorm.

Full results and my pics will be posted on the site in the next couple days. I took today off for Father's Day. Happy Father's Day to all the Dads involved in the KPL.

See everyone at the next KPL Event.
__________________
KEYSTONE PAINTBALL LEAGUE www.kpl3man.net
REVELATION PAINTBALL PRODUCTS www.revelationpaint.com
PLAY RIGHTEOUS
Sup'Air - The official bunker of the KPL www.supairball.com
REVELATIONPIX - KPL PHOTO SOURCE www.revelationpix.photoreflect.com
KPL Paul is offline  
Old 06-18-2007, 08:23 AM #271
Shuey134
 
 
Shuey134's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Pottsville, PA
 has been a member for 10 years
Ok, I'm going to take a shot at a few things here.

First, the reffing... I want to say that the reffing overall in this league has been pretty good compared to other leagues in the area. However, bad calls are made, and as long as people are reffs bad calls will be made. We're human, we screw up, we have favorites, thats just how it is. Anyone paying attention this weekend can tell you that my team was very unhappy with a couple of calls... we're over it. Sometimes the breaks go your way, sometimes they don't. But like I said before, the reffing was over all good, there weren't too many disputes and I think most people had a good time.

Second, "Home Field Advantage?" Was the field set up for a few weeks for the home teams to practice? Maybe, I don't really know. But, in any other sport the home team has many advantages. Lets just say that some teams did practice the field for awhile, it didn't help them that much, they didn't make it out of the quarters. The 2nd and 3rd seeds got knocked off by the 7th and 6th seeds.

Third, This event was a blast. My first time coaching and I had a good time. I think most people had a good time, and there was only a hand full of people that got upset.

This league is a great time and my team will be there for the third event.
__________________
R.I.P. Team SydeFX/SMD

http://www.lehighvalleypaintball.com
Shuey134 is offline  
Old 06-18-2007, 09:52 AM #272
tr4mm
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: PA
 has been a member for 10 years
tr4mm is for the Gunfight
tr4mm has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
tr4mm has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
You both make good points. I was in no way complaining about the event as it turned out or how it was run. But I think it should be taken into consideration in the future. I know other sports have home field advantage, but this isnt exactly like other sports, we do not all host a tourny at our own fields. There are no single matching home/away games.
__________________
Total: +99/-0
PBnation: +34/-0 (+14 old, +20 new)
PBreview: +3/-0
AO: +4/-0
Ebay: +58/-0

"Originally posted by mas19: I told of ref on the dxs field that the yellow substance on my hopper was mustard from lunch."
tr4mm is offline  
Old 06-18-2007, 10:36 AM #273
Shuey134
 
 
Shuey134's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Pottsville, PA
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by ack View Post
Sorry.. didn't get the photos up today.. too busy..

Here's one of my favorites.. see anything in it?

A split second later and this good photo becomes a great photo.
__________________
R.I.P. Team SydeFX/SMD

http://www.lehighvalleypaintball.com
Shuey134 is offline  
 


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump