PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 11-14-2006, 11:55 AM #1
Passmeabeerdude
PassMeABeerDude

Proto M7 "Real Pics"

I like the fact that it comes with psp mode stock. Overall I think it is a great marker.

In case you are worried about ups

PM6 orange bolt on left, stock PM7 on the right.

Hybrid PM6 Bolt Guide on the left, stock PM7 bolt guide on the right.

Vid
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6C0X2mzIt5g"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6C0X2mzIt5g" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

If anyone wants any other pics of anything else or any other requests just let me know.

**edit**
The stock PM7 board has 4 firing modes, nxl full auto which was not included in the manual. This for the price makes it a very nice find considering that all previous models of the pm only included 1 firing mode on the stock board.

Efficeincy - I have been getting 2 suicide shellz and 7 dye lock lids and having 1200 psi left over out of a 68/45 filled to 4k. That is 1510 shots and still having 1200 psi left.

FAQ -
  • Will the PM7 eyes fit in any other proto?
    No, the PM7 eye ribbon has 4 wires in it all previous Protos had only three. The PMR also has 4 but is different then the PM7 and are not compatible.
  • Will the PM7 UL frame fit on any other Proto?
    No, the PM7 UL frame is unique to the PM7 and will not fit on any previous Protos. Nor will any of the previous UL frames fit on the PM7.
  • Can I use any upgrades from any other Protos?
    Yes, the bolt is the same as the PM5 and PM6 and all upgrades that are available for them will also fit on the PM7.
  • Will the DM6 ultralite frame fit on a PM7?
    No, the PM7 UL frame is unique to the PM7.
  • Will wired eyes fit in my PM7?
    No, there is no room for the wires to fit past the solenoid.
  • Do the PMR and PM7 have the same board?
    Yes, the stock PMR and PM7 share the same board.
  • Will the DM6 triggers work on the PM7 UL Frame?
    Yes, any trigger made for a UL frame will work in the PM7(except for the PMR UL frame triggers).
  • How much does it weigh?
    Just under 2lbs 6oz with the barrel, ASA, and battery installed.
  • How fast can it shoot??
    The PM7 board is capped at 30bps
  • Does it have ramping?
    Yes, it can ramp up to 30bps. The stock board has Semi, PSP, Millenium and NXL modes.
  • What other settings can you adjust on the stock board?
    ABS (anti bolt stick), Trigger sensitivity, Dwell and the Rate of Fire cap
  • Can I use my LP/HP tank on it?
    You can use either a low pressure or high pressure output tank on your PM7.

PM6 eye ribbon on the left PM7 eye ribbon on the right

So far the only thing bad I found was on my first board the socket where the eyes connect to the board was insufficiently soldered and just fell off the board.

It performs beautifully, I have not had any breaks in the chamber or barrel as of yet. I did have one in my pod which made a mess of my hopper and made it into the chamber.

It is very quiet, extremely accurate, ball-on-ball a three inch group at 50 feet. It is only 1 ounce heavier then the DM7 with the stock frame on it.

It has the same bolt as the PM6 so you can use all of the PM6 bolt upgrades, that is the only similarity to the PM6, it is shorter lighter, comes with 4 firing modes on the stock board, over only 1 on the PM 5/6. So you really don't need to buy an aftermarket board.

It has a new feedneck and a 2 piece UL barrel. I have let a lot of people at the field I play at use it and they all say it shoots a lot flatter then all of the previous PM/DM's, it doesn't seem to lob the paint.

I have been playing with it for a few months now and it hasn't let me down yet, I have put 10+ cases through it and still have yet to have a ball chop. I started to use my freak on it because I play from 10am to 10 pm on Fridays and Saturdays and the temperature changes from 80 during the day to 50-60 at night. It still shoots flawlessly.

***I played all day on Saturday and ran into a problem with the trigger on my M7 with a stock frame. The over travel set screw uses the plastic part of the solenoid as the post activation trigger adjustment stop. The set screw digs into the little lip on the solenoid and would stick on every pull. It was an easy fix just get one of the grip screws from a repair kit and use it instead of the set screw. Hope this helps anyone who runs into a similar problem.

Solenoid, the half round indent in the center of the solenoid is where the set screw wore into it and started to stick on every pull of the trigger.

Screw From 45 grip instead of set screw
You may have to sand/file/grind the edges of the screw slightly for it to fit into the frame properly.

Feedback

Last edited by Passmeabeerdude : 07-20-2007 at 11:38 AM.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-14-2006, 12:12 PM #2
pilot_guy91

Nice gun man. I want it lol.
Old 11-14-2006, 12:15 PM #3
Evil Rocky

Annual Supporting Member
Evil Rocky is playing at Living Legends V
Evil Rocky owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Thanks for all the pics.

Do you also own a PM6? How do they compare. I dont know if I should save the money and get a PM6 or just go and get the PM7. I have the money for either.

Or step out of the DYE family and get a Ego07???? Did not want to mention that in teh DYE forums but I love how the 07 looks.

Thanks

IOG http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4067259

UL BARREL KIT .680,.684,.688 CF TIP FS http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...1#post85556761
Old 11-14-2006, 12:15 PM #4
erayser
AlternativePB.com

Annual Supporting Member
erayser is a Moderator
erayser is a Supporting Member
erayser is BST Legit
nice stock bolt.

haha... congrats on your new PM7.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Rocky View Post
Or step out of the DYE family and get a Ego07???? Did not want to mention that in teh DYE forums but I love how the 07 looks.
That's going to be my next gun.
Old 11-14-2006, 12:15 PM #5
sumguy14
Quickshot Factory

sumguy14 is a Supporting Member
nice pics but i want to see a vid
Old 11-14-2006, 12:21 PM #6
Passmeabeerdude
PassMeABeerDude

I don't know much about the PM6, but the PM7 it is 1/2" shorter in height and 3.5 oz. lighter in weight, smaller internal modular LPR. New neck clamp knob, new metal eye plates, two piece barrel, the trigger placement is 3/8" shorter then the PM6, and it is lighter then a Shockteck DM5 with a UL. I have held both at the same time and it is a very noticable difference. As far as the Ego07 I don't have a clue.

Feedback

Last edited by Passmeabeerdude : 11-14-2006 at 01:12 PM.
Old 11-14-2006, 12:22 PM #7
Evil Rocky

Annual Supporting Member
Evil Rocky is playing at Living Legends V
I shot a PM6 W/a UL frame and I fell in love with that. I kinda felt like it shot better than my DM6, but they are both machine guns on teh field. But I owned 5 DYE guns now and would like to try a ego now.

Thanks

IOG http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4067259

UL BARREL KIT .680,.684,.688 CF TIP FS http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...1#post85556761
Old 11-14-2006, 01:07 PM #8
erayser
AlternativePB.com

Annual Supporting Member
erayser is a Moderator
erayser is a Supporting Member
erayser is BST Legit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Passmeabeerdude View Post
It's a PM6 orange bolt!
I know... I was just playing... that's why I put the dodgy. Would be funny to see other PM7 owners say... "hey... I didn't get that bolt".

anyhow... congrats again.
Old 11-14-2006, 02:02 PM #9
Keenan_
My spoon is too big

Sick gun man. You went with a good colour choice aswell! It'd look even better if you were to change the silver eye covers and trigger to black.

Congrats on the new gun. I have to say that Dye did the best job on the M7 this year over the DM7.

Last edited by Keenan_ : 11-14-2006 at 02:09 PM.
Old 11-14-2006, 02:06 PM #10
Passmeabeerdude
PassMeABeerDude

I plan on changing them to black, the only problem as of yet is nothing is out for it yet, I just got lucky with the PM6 orange bolt, dm5 ball detents and ultralite barrel, other then that I can't find any upgrades for it, unless anyone want to trade!

Feedback
Old 11-14-2006, 02:06 PM #11
XPBaller

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keenan_ View Post
Sick gun man. You went with a good colour choice aswell! It'd look even better if you were to change the silver eye covers and trigger to black.

Congrats on the new gun. I have to say that Dye did the best job on the M7 this yer over the DM7.
negative. Held both at cup, the DM7 is SICK.
Old 11-14-2006, 02:09 PM #12
Keenan_
My spoon is too big

Quote:
Originally Posted by XPBaller View Post
negative. Held both at cup, the DM7 is SICK.
Still. Dye made barely any improvements on the look of the gun. For $300 more brand new, your getting what? 3.5oz off the gun? Not even worth it.
Old 11-14-2006, 02:27 PM #13
XPBaller

Quote:
Still. Dye made barely any improvements on the look of the gun. For $300 more brand new, your getting what? 3.5oz off the gun? Not even worth it.
It's lighter and smaller, yes, which IMO greatly improves the over-all feel of the gun. You're also getting the UL frame and barrel, and the pristige of having a DM7. Not to mention they really are down-right sexy in person. I'm not saying the proto is a bad marker, so dont get all hyped up on me, just pointing out the fact that the DM7 is indeed a better marker.
Old 11-14-2006, 02:45 PM #14
Cr4d13 0f D347h
Really a 1995'er!

thx for the pics!! i cant wait till they go down in price. i'ma pick one up then.
Old 11-14-2006, 03:00 PM #15
Keenan_
My spoon is too big

Quote:
It's lighter and smaller, yes, which IMO greatly improves the over-all feel of the gun. You're also getting the UL frame and barrel, and the pristige of having a DM7. Not to mention they really are down-right sexy in person. I'm not saying the proto is a bad marker, so dont get all hyped up on me, just pointing out the fact that the DM7 is indeed a better marker.
I'm not getting "hyped up" on you. The fact of the matter is, the DM7 is not worth the extra $300 or so dollars over the DM6. The DM6 comes with the UL frame, and barrel. Why spend $300 just to get a few ounces off? The milling has barely changed, and the DM6 is also down-right sexy.

The only possible way of the DM7 being a better marker, is if you consider a few ounces making the marker better, which indeed is not true.
Old 11-14-2006, 03:01 PM #16
coltman887
self proclamed genius

coltman887 is a Supporting Member
coltman887 plays in the PSP
coltman887 is an NCPA player
coltman887 plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:

also, you forgot to mention that they have the new eye sleeve which makes it easier to clean the eyes.

It really is a cool little feature

My Old Feedback:
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...hreadid=333743

My New Feedback:
http://www.pbnation.com/feedback.php?u=25854
Old 11-14-2006, 03:03 PM #17
XPBaller

Quote:
I'm not getting "hyped up" on you. The fact of the matter is, the DM7 is not worth the extra $300 or so dollars over the DM6. The DM6 comes with the UL frame, and barrel. Why spend $300 just to get a few ounces off? The milling has barely changed, and the DM6 is also down-right sexy.

The only possible way of the DM7 being a better marker, is if you consider a few ounces making the marker better, which indeed is not true.
It's those few ounces here and there that make the standard for markers what they are today. I havnt played serious paintball in two years, and im getting back into it. I currently own a NYX matrix. Then i look at the DM7. HUGE change. Then i look at the DM4 compared to the DM7. Once again, i believe this is huge change. See where im going with this? The dm4-dm5 everyone pissed and moaned there wasnt much of a difference, but its just small change every year that brings the industry to where its at now. To me, the DM7 is worth the 200**** extra dollars.
Old 11-14-2006, 03:04 PM #18
Cr4d13 0f D347h
Really a 1995'er!

PM7 IS better. but. i still like the DM7... i just wont pick one of those up untill the resale hits those in the pants. like when they are around $600. lol
Old 11-14-2006, 03:09 PM #19
Keenan_
My spoon is too big

Don't get me wrong, I love the DM7. But if you look at the DM4 to 5, there is atleast a huge milling change, and again from the DM5 to 6. Then the DM6 to DM7, nothing really happened.

I understand that weight in markers is one of the main area's people look to when buying a marker, but I bought an UL Framed DM4 in september, when I could of waited and bought a PM6 now for the same price! I find my DM4 to be extremely light and balanced. I love it. Weight isn't a huge factor for me, I guess it is to people who are rich and can buy the new "improved" version of the gun.

Seriously, I'm not arguing that I don't like the DM7, I'm just stating my opinion on the gun.
Old 11-14-2006, 03:21 PM #20
XPBaller

Tru. Well my NYX matrix is definitely not up to par with what people are shooting nowadays, and im in the market for a fresh gun, so i guess i figure why not.
Old 11-14-2006, 03:22 PM #21
Keenan_
My spoon is too big

If you got the money, buy it.