PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 05-02-2001, 08:45 PM #1
sorisko

has been a member for 10 years
For most of the rooms you have it devided up by company... I dont know, Personally I guess Im annoyed that I have to click 2 or 3 times just to get into the room I wanna get into... Im talkin about the Brass Eagle room, and tippmann room, and Kingmann... I dont think people would really care when they are posting specific things, all they have to do is tell which gun they are talking about ( most of them do anyways ) Another thing that isnt too great is if you are visiting the site from a slow connection... it takes a while for the page to load, then when you have to click 3 times to get in a room, then post it just takes forever ( I dont personally have this problem, but it is like having a splash page on every page you have )

Im not really complaining, but this is a suggestion room, I just thought it would be a good idea.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-02-2001, 10:34 PM #2
dweazel
Team Thrash

true... but with that, you would have to search for topics on your marker a lot more, the way it is now is a lot more organized and efficient.

but i guess they could add a general marker forum, along with the others.
14" FREAK

***gen-x minicocker***FOR SALE
***nitro duck adj 68***FOR SALE

http://www.thrashpaintball.com
Old 05-02-2001, 11:11 PM #3
Privateer
moi > toi

Privateer is a Supporting Member
One thing you can do, is get to the forum you want, then click the "subscribe to this forum."
then, go to your profile screen (the white index card in the top right labeled profile) and it will show all your subscribed forums, as well as your PbN buddy list, and any new private messages you have. It's where I go first when I logon to see the forums that most interest me, without going through all the sub forums and such.

let me know if you have any questions.

later
andy

September 11, 2001. Never forget. Never forgive.
Old 05-03-2001, 12:12 AM #4
CockerMan86

CockerMan86 is a founding member
You guys could put the top and left bar in frames though so that it is that much less that has to load. It isn't a problem for me at all, but could be for somebody else.
Old 05-03-2001, 09:34 PM #5
dweazel
Team Thrash

yeah frames would help for just getting around easier.

wouldnt have to scroll up and down so much.
14" FREAK

***gen-x minicocker***FOR SALE
***nitro duck adj 68***FOR SALE

http://www.thrashpaintball.com
Old 05-03-2001, 11:39 PM #6
Tony
Administrator

Annual Supporting Member
Arrow frames

If i were to implement frames then the top and left sides wouldnt move with the page, so when viewing the page, the left side would still have the same space for posts, but the up and down reading would have less space. Take a look at a page, and picture the top and left sides not moving and let me know if you guys really want it that way. Im sure something can be worked out for the lower bandwith users.

Thanks,
Old 05-03-2001, 11:44 PM #7
CockerMan86

CockerMan86 is a founding member
Just have a left side frame, keep the links and splatplanet link there. Then move the banners at the top so they will fit. But just have a left side frame.