PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 11-09-2006, 09:39 PM #1
pepermint rhino
One of a kind

where can i buy an epic?

ive had my eye on the invert mini for some time now but ive been steered away from it by some engineering friends of mine who say that its a good technology but in the hands of NPS has a better than even chance of getting botched. regardless im still very intrested in this tech and i play scenarios on occasion. i need a gun that is simple, effective, and accurate as well as one that stands out from the crowd. Where can I buy an epic and how much am i looking to spend on one? If any of you would be intrested in selling hit me up on aim and we can talk there. I have a ICD BKO that id be willing to trade if ne one is intrested in that. thanks for the help.
Advertisement
Old 11-10-2006, 06:20 AM #2
pepermint rhino
One of a kind

i checked google, ebay, and did any other method i could think of. does anyone have any clue where I could get an epic?
Old 11-10-2006, 10:43 AM #3
caspaballa

caspaballa owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
caspaballa supports Team VICIOUS
caspaballa supports Empire
Man the invert mini IMO is far suoperior to this. I am am selling my PM6 to buy the invert mini. Not saying the EPIC is bad but reading the specs and doing some searches the only upgrade you can do is barrell? Correct me if I am wrong..
Vego 10 Team Edition
MY OLD FEEDBACK +9/-0
Buy my 2k3 Prostock
Old 11-10-2006, 10:45 AM #4
caspaballa

caspaballa owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
caspaballa supports Empire
oh hey by the way two threads down

http://www.icepaintball.com/On-line%20sales.htm
Vego 10 Team Edition
MY OLD FEEDBACK +9/-0
Buy my 2k3 Prostock
Old 11-10-2006, 11:28 PM #5
pepermint rhino
One of a kind

the epic looks to be a good gun mind you but from what i can see its an adaptation of an older technology. normaly when you add an electrical component to a pre existing pneumatic setup you dont get a good re****. if u kno ne thing about ICD's history u'd see this happened with the origional freestyle. they tried to take the bobcat and put a electrical system in it. it wasnt all bad but the end result was less than desired. ive also spoken to some enineering friends of mine who have experience with this stuff. by that i mean that they were playing paintball long before they got involved with engineering. I thought about selling my pm6 to get an invert mini but I wanted to waint untill the mini could prove itself. The final issue that crossed my mind on that front was that NPS has never put out a good gun and that the mini is coming from a company that up untill only recently didnt make ne thing but soft gear. so i wanted to see the mini prove itself before i did ne thing about it. i still want an epic to use for scenarios and to just horse arround with. im not totaly ruling out the mini, i just want to see some solid review and results.
Old 11-11-2006, 09:33 AM #6
SPARTAN II
Project Spartan II

has been a member for 10 years
The epic has diffidently proved it's self. Jim has had the gun around since 1997 I think..maybe 98? that will be almost 10 years now! The design really is perfected along with top notice quality control. To me it smells of AKALMP quality when it comes to tolerances and QC. Though is Aaron has designed it it would have been even better and more efficient Jim's a cool guy, but I'm not sure he took all the flow dynamics into consideration for the epic as Aaron did with his guns. It works not doubt though.

DCF-1 Viking and FreeFlow Millennium Autococker

If you need to get to me PM me at my original screen name linked above...Spartan X. They unbanned my old account, so I'm moving back to it.
Old 11-11-2006, 08:00 PM #7
Scion

So spartan... Did you prefer your blazer or your epic...?
Old 11-11-2006, 08:49 PM #8
pepermint rhino
One of a kind

i wasnt talking about the epic proving itself i know it has and even if it hasnt it doenst really matter i still want one. i decided though that an invert mini would be the way to go since i saw a video of it and everything ive seen of it tells me its not only going to be a good marker but a revolutionary one too. ive taken a shot on wilder stuff but i kno im getting a mini. regardless of that fact i still want an epic because i like having a nice reliable mech for scenarios and days when i just wanna horse arround. so back to my initial question (cups hands arround mouth) WHERE CAN I BUY AN EPIC EPIc EPic Epic epic? ( u kno u love the echo effect)
Old 11-12-2006, 02:57 PM #9
biojuggernaut

OMG!!! AWSOME!!!
IDK but I bought an omen instead of an epic... but last night i won a fully tricked out m16 98 custom worth 500 (it was never used) which means.... EPIC DV8 BABY....
sorry im hyped, ups for it include the trapdoor kit, archon 12 bps gravity hopper, and maybe a stock...
Old 11-12-2006, 05:03 PM #10
Scion

Do those archon loaders actually feed consistantly?
Old 11-12-2006, 05:59 PM #11
pepermint rhino
One of a kind

i dindt know archon made loaders. i had one of their tanks and i had the bonnet strip right the hell off the regulator. pissed me off like u woudlnt believe. i shoved my foot up the ceo's *** the next morning.
Old 11-12-2006, 07:53 PM #12
biojuggernaut

Yea... check ebay... zap and archon have 12 bps gravity hoppers...
Old 11-15-2006, 02:17 AM #13
Yo soy el Warg

Hey bio, you don't need a trap door kit if you're buying a DV8. All the trap door kit does is size the breech to fit the ball better, which you would need if you had a Classic Epic, but the DV8 has a sort of "fin" that sits down inside the breech, and pushes the ball forward into the barrel; this makes the operation truly closed bolt. What you would benefit more from is a barrel kit.

Pbnation Feedback (OLD) for Yo soy el Warg; +18 / -0
Pbnation Feedback (NEW) for Yo soy el Warg +13 / -0
Ebay Feedback For Yo soy el Warg
Old 11-15-2006, 03:35 PM #14
biojuggernaut

Yea i just learned that
Spartan told me,
my a-5 and my 98 are up for sale, for an epic, 12 bps gravity hopper, and a jcs grip stock, 475, and its done..
Old 11-15-2006, 09:46 PM #15
SPARTAN II
Project Spartan II

The epic was a diffent gun when compared to the Blazer. I loved my blazer, but it shot so much like a Cocker that it was hard to tell the difference purly to feel. Now palmer has a great reputation on QC, but in the end I prolly would have shot a cocker over a blazer, and I just can't put that to words. It's just a prefference thing. Maybe it's cause the last ccoker I had was the revenge V3, mother of all cocker, but hey, I was spoiled, lol.

The epic has a differnt feel then a cocker does. It does get the paint out there just as good, but on selling point the epic would apeal to those that are looking for a gun that operates in the KISS format, Keep It Simple Stupid. The design is so simple and it works so good. The cocker's design is not so simple, but it does work good when it's tuned right. So you turn to the epic as a gun that can go threw hell and no worries, if something happens a spyder mechanic can even fix or figure it out. The gun just screem siomplicity as well on the out side...that was the seller for me.....oh and I have always been into guns that make people go WTF....and I always got that with the pic....always with out fail.

If you need to get to me PM me at my original screen name linked above...Spartan X. They unbanned my old account, so I'm moving back to it.
Old 11-16-2006, 02:55 PM #16
biojuggernaut

Im getting an epic not for recball, but pure scenario ownage, something small, light, accurate, and not alot of kick, but yet it is still so amazing, ac threads, no electronics, easy to maintane, no breaks, abd realiable...
so any one wanna buy a new 98m16 98 custom, and a tippmann a-5 e?
Old 11-16-2006, 07:18 PM #17
pepermint rhino
One of a kind

exactly my thoughts exactly bio. so does ne one have one for sale or know someone who does?
Old 11-16-2006, 07:39 PM #18
biojuggernaut

WOW....
have you tried to look under the post that say
"ZOMG 07 epics"
ok go to google, put in ICE epic
its the link.
Old 11-19-2006, 07:09 PM #19
pepermint rhino
One of a kind

Quote:
WOW....
have you tried to look under the post that say
"ZOMG 07 epics"
ok go to google, put in ICE epic
its the link.
feel free to pull that redwood out of ur *** there bio. i saw that a while ago and it dindt take me long to figure out that i coudl buy one from the company but i meant a retail site. how do the justify charging $400 for a mech gun.

Last edited by pepermint rhino : 11-19-2006 at 07:12 PM.
Old 11-20-2006, 05:24 PM #20
biojuggernaut

yea sorrry.. got a little carried away. IDK the epic is in its own breed of gun, if it wasnt as much I think we would all be shooting boltless guns curretly, but since the epic is more money it is for a person who doesnt need speed, and has a large wallet. Which which be best for a scenario player, or a woodsball player.
Old 11-21-2006, 11:07 AM #21
SPARTAN II
Project Spartan II

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepermint rhino View Post
feel free to pull that redwood out of ur *** there bio. i saw that a while ago and it dindt take me long to figure out that i coudl buy one from the company but i meant a retail site. how do the justify charging $400 for a mech gun.
Because no retail stores sell the Epic. The epic is now only marketed via direct sales from ICE. Believe it or not but the epic used to cost over $600, this is the reason why Jim stopped selling to other stores that required a mark up. It cost's allot of cash to do small runs of markers, and he does not have the demand nor funds to do large runs. So while you think $400 is allot of maney, it's super cheap for what your getting and paying for, because the profit margin Jim is making is not large at all.