Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-23-2015, 03:50 PM #1
Hellf1ghter22

The Paintball Industry NEEDS to come together

As an Industry(I guess with Gi buying Kee the industry is 90% Gi?), Paintball needs to get a national ad together and tell the world that we are a sport that everyone can play and that has a wonderful community. Families, Boys, Girls, Veterans and the Disabled learn to love and play this game. We have to spread the word TOGETHER! There should be a fund where a dollar from every box of paint sold goes to spreading the word in a passionate way showing the people who play and telling their personal story. People need to know this could be everyones sport! Strategic alliances with Companies like Nature Valley would be a perfect example of how we could stretch that dollar a little further.

EXAMPLE VIDEO, not Related to paintball but provides the question to getting kids outside, paintball should use imagery and emotion like this and provide paintball as the solution.
Advertisement
Old 07-23-2015, 11:15 PM #2
(dr)
deft

has been a member for 10 years
(dr) plays in the PSP
(dr) is an NCPA player
(dr) plays in the APPA D4 division
(dr) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 12:00 AM #3
Paintballerbeast

Paintballerbeast is an NCPA player
Paintballerbeast plays in the APPA beginner division
I don't think the problem with the growth of paintball is exposure, most people know what paintball is and most have a positive image of it. I think there is a larger problem of the high cost of paintball. I think the only way that the sport can grow is reducing cost. Unfortunately, some of the largest costs of running a field are land, insurance, etc. all costs that cannot be reduced and what most of the money is made by selling paint. So unless GI or some other paint producer I guess only valken now finds a way to produce paint we will not see a large growth in the sport.
Paintballerbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 02:38 PM #4
ad1992

I agree the issue is the recurring cost of playing (eg. price of paint) and speed ball requires more paint (and there fore more cost), in my opinion, speed ball in the end has driven players away.
In my store I notice, the woods ballers will quit because of time issues (and many return after a while) the speed ballers quit because of cost (and I don't see many coming back).
ad1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 03:27 PM #5
MIDNIGHTANGELZ

MIDNIGHTANGELZ is playing at Living Legends V
MIDNIGHTANGELZ posts videos on PbNation
MIDNIGHTANGELZ has been published on the PbNation Youtube Channel
The unity would be our first major step Im with ya..
MIDNIGHTANGELZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 11:59 PM #6
Superzeus
Living is the functionary

Superzeus is reppin' sidebar 4 life
The cost killer isn't field entry it's paint. Field entry and all day air is $25 at most fields around me. It's dropping $60 on a case that kills.

We need some sort of step forward in encapsulation technology or hydrotec to come back and be viable.

Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Superzeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 11:50 PM #7
Crazyboi07

Crazyboi07 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
It amazes me that your *****ing about paint prices. Too bad you were not playing back in 2000 when cases were about $90 for the cheap ****

shopPB365.com
Crazyboi07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 10:32 AM #8
RIT

Annual Supporting Member
RIT supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazyboi07 View Post
It amazes me that your *****ing about paint prices. Too bad you were not playing back in 2000 when cases were about $90 for the cheap ****
I played back in 2000 and white box paint was $30...even marbalizer/all-star and the other top name paints at the time were not $90. Wherever you were going for paint you were getting ripped off.

Email- lastwachter@gmail.com
RIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 12:42 PM #9
plaants

Paintball is a luxury sport, paint costs aside a cheap setup costs as much as top of the line gear for your average sport. Hell even an optimist league for a whole season costs as much as 2 - 3 days of paintball. I don't think this can be everyone's sport because not everyone can afford it.
plaants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 02:22 PM #10
InDy_Baller

InDy_Baller is a Supporting Member
InDy_Baller owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
InDy_Baller supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazyboi07 View Post
I've never played at a place that charges 90$ for a case...there are a few that still charge outrageous prices like that but those are also places I don't play at. I agree with the thread starter here that exposure is important. The more people exposed to the sport the greater the chances of more people sticking with it. If more people are playing and buying paint then companies will sell more and prices will decrease. This is kind of the spiral we're in...we need to advertise more and get more people into the sport, but we also need a price decrease to keep those few to continue to be involved...so what I think ultimately needs to happen is a big push by the power house companies in the form of advertising and marketing.

www.trademygun.com--www.paintballplex.com

**GI Sportz**Planet Eclipse**

SPG
Old Feedback (10+/0-)
InDy_Baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 02:41 PM #11
Adams 502
LateNightLegends

Adams 502 is playing at Living Legends VIII
Adams 502 posts videos on PbNation
I love your post man