Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-03-2006, 12:01 PM #1
350zkilla
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Small Talk Investment/Business Thread

You should put in a investment/business thread, to discuess investment topics, stocks, ipos, mutual funds, etc.
350zkilla is offline  
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-03-2006, 12:41 PM #2
Kyle
RESPECT MAH AUTHORITAY!
 
Kyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Illadelph, PA
Annual Supporting Member
Kyle is an Administrator
Kyle is a Supporting Member
Kyle is a founding member
Kyle supports Bob Gurnsey
Kyle supports our troops
Kyle is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
You realize the average age of posters on this site is probably 16, right?
__________________
[This is my Jam | Labs | Contact Me | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube]

Kyle is offline  
Old 11-03-2006, 01:59 PM #3
350zkilla
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
You realize that you do have a good size 18-25 age demographic also right...and you also do have a politics forum. Why not a business forum.
350zkilla is offline  
Old 11-03-2006, 02:01 PM #4
Kyle
RESPECT MAH AUTHORITAY!
 
Kyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Illadelph, PA
Annual Supporting Member
Kyle is an Administrator
Kyle is a Supporting Member
Kyle is a founding member
Kyle supports Bob Gurnsey
Kyle supports our troops
Kyle is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
I just don't see a huge demand for it. Maybe if you can drum up enough support for it..
__________________
[This is my Jam | Labs | Contact Me | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube]

Kyle is offline  
Old 11-03-2006, 02:10 PM #5
Pump Scout
Old gun,new gun,whatever
 
Pump Scout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Central Wisconsin
Annual Supporting Member
Pump Scout is a Mega Moderator
Pump Scout is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Pump Scout is BST Legit
I'm in my mid-30's. Wouldn't pull advice from a paintball forum on my investments, but that's me. Then again, I make my own calls on a lot of life's questions, so maybe that's just a thing for me.
__________________
WISCONSIN NAVARONE
Pump Scout's Curator's Corner thread
Inception Designs

Flying to events? Check out BHTP to protect your travel and your bags!
Pump Scout is offline  
Old 11-03-2006, 03:31 PM #6
350zkilla
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pump Scout View Post
I'm in my mid-30's. Wouldn't pull advice from a paintball forum on my investments, but that's me. Then again, I make my own calls on a lot of life's questions, so maybe that's just a thing for me.
Im in my early 20's and I wouldn't take advice on huge risk transactions either. But its good place to get information and a place to discuss busienss ideas and plans. PBN is huge and has lots of members that are over 21 that know what they are talking about and could contribute to the forum.

Please consider.

Thanks
350zkilla is offline  
Old 11-07-2006, 11:08 AM #7
satamusic
ɔısnɯ
 
satamusic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: ɹd
i say give the thread a go.
__________________
If The World's A Stage, I Want To Operate The Trap Door.

.alien.interceptor. bob.long.reg. hammer.head.freak. pulse. lp.crossfire.

satamusic is offline  
Old 11-07-2006, 12:08 PM #8
350zkilla
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Thank you!
350zkilla is offline  
Old 11-07-2006, 12:22 PM #9
spinny2559
just missed 2k4
 
spinny2559's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
spinny2559 is a Supporting Member
I think this idea has some potential. Maybe a sub-division of ST titled Economics or something along those lines could possibly work. The discussion topics may not be exactly what you specified because finding a teenager who has an extensive knowledge of spiders, diamonds, mutual funds and more is not very common, but I think there will be at least a small group of people who can carry out intelligent conversation.
__________________

98 Custom Low Pressure Kit parts available, contact me!

TONS of solenoids and solenoid parts F/S/T!!

spinny2559 is offline  
Old 11-07-2006, 12:37 PM #10
350zkilla
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by spinny2559 View Post
I think this idea has some potential. Maybe a sub-division of ST titled Economics or something along those lines could possibly work. The discussion topics may not be exactly what you specified because finding a teenager who has an extensive knowledge of spiders, diamonds, mutual funds and more is not very common, but I think there will be at least a small group of people who can carry out intelligent conversation.
Ya that sounds like a great idea, but Economics, small business, investment type thread. I will rally support and have them post in this thread.

Thanks again
350zkilla is offline  
Old 11-07-2006, 12:40 PM #11
su8lime
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: ma
su8lime is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
su8lime supports DLX Technology
i would like this very much.
__________________
su8lime is offline  
Old 11-07-2006, 12:44 PM #12
mwm6981
Texas Tech
 
mwm6981's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Lubbock,Texas
Annual Supporting Member
mwm6981 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
mwm6981 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
mwm6981 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
mwm6981 has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
mwm6981 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
i like the idea
__________________
mwm6981 is offline  
Old 11-07-2006, 12:55 PM #13
StellarKnight
Mind Erasure
 
StellarKnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Lost...In a Lost World
StellarKnight is a Supporting Member
StellarKnight is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
StellarKnight has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
It would be a good idea if we had more than 3 posters who not only understood the inner workings of business/economics, but would consistantly create quality threads with pertainent information.

Sadly, I don't think it would pan out to anything more than a e-cock battle over socialism/capitalism in every thread.
__________________
Evil presupposes a moral decision, intention, and some forethought. A moron doesn't stop to think or reason. He acts on instinct, like a stable animal, convinced he's doing good, that he's always right, and sanctimoniously proud to go around ****ing up . . .What the world needs is more thoroughly evil people and fewer idiot ****heads.
StellarKnight is offline  
Old 11-07-2006, 01:15 PM #14
T3H C00LN355 (Banned)
JAGER FTW !!!11!!eleven!!
 
T3H C00LN355's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Michigan
Do it! Or either a really good sticky.
T3H C00LN355 is offline  
Old 11-07-2006, 01:27 PM #15
350zkilla
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by StellarKnight View Post
It would be a good idea if we had more than 3 posters who not only understood the inner workings of business/economics, but would consistantly create quality threads with pertainent information.

Sadly, I don't think it would pan out to anything more than a e-cock battle over socialism/capitalism in every thread.
And like I said before, we have a politics thread..You think there is enough people here that can talk about politics but not about business?

I think its at least worth a try.
350zkilla is offline  
Old 11-07-2006, 01:48 PM #16
alex06
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: DC Metro
investment thread FTW
__________________
"Originally posted by automagwarrior: So you left the doctors office without asking him, to come home and ask the internet. Brilliant."
alex06 is offline  
Old 11-07-2006, 01:49 PM #17
Ford
☻♦♣b
 
Ford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Austin 49
Ford is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Sounds like a place for Pyramid schemes and shifty email scams.

If you need financial advice talk to an accountant, or your financial specialist. I bought my first mutual fund at 15 without the help of pbnation, others can do the same I'm sure.

In my long life on posting on boards not necesarily pbnation =P every once in a while you will come across a good informative thread talking about market or what good investment opportunities are out there, but those are few and far between, and other sites can offer a better pool of participants for such a place than pbn.
__________________
"Originally posted by Bronk0
Everyone put something in your sig about it...

like PORN THREAD 10/24/04: I was there.
"
Ford is offline  
Old 11-07-2006, 02:06 PM #18
spinny2559
just missed 2k4
 
spinny2559's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
spinny2559 is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford View Post
Sounds like a place for Pyramid schemes and shifty email scams.

If you need financial advice talk to an accountant, or your financial specialist. I bought my first mutual fund at 15 without the help of pbnation, others can do the same I'm sure.

In my long life on posting on boards not necesarily pbnation =P every once in a while you will come across a good informative thread talking about market or what good investment opportunities are out there, but those are few and far between, and other sites can offer a better pool of participants for such a place than pbn.
I think you have a different idea in mind than us. I think this would be a good place where people with some of the same interests (other than paintball) can gather and talk about business/economics. This wouldn't be a forum where people ask if they should sell their GMC shares, but more of a place where discussions would be business oriented or about current events dealing with economics. There are about a quarter million registered users on PbNation, there has to be at least a good handful out there who can contribute to this forum in a positive way.

The only downside I see is that it may require heavy moderating. Many posts and thread topics would probably need to be deleted due to a lack of maturity or just plain stupidity.
__________________

98 Custom Low Pressure Kit parts available, contact me!

TONS of solenoids and solenoid parts F/S/T!!

spinny2559 is offline  
Old 11-07-2006, 02:14 PM #19
350zkilla
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by spinny2559 View Post
I think you have a different idea in mind than us. I think this would be a good place where people with some of the same interests (other than paintball) can gather and talk about business/economics. This wouldn't be a forum where people ask if they should sell their GMC shares, but more of a place where discussions would be business oriented or about current events dealing with economics. There are about a quarter million registered users on PbNation, there has to be at least a good handful out there who can contribute to this forum in a positive way.

The only downside I see is that it may require heavy moderating. Many posts and thread topics would probably need to be deleted due to a lack of maturity or just plain stupidity.
EXACTLY WHAT I was thinking.

Some one (mod) please take this forum into consideration.
350zkilla is offline  
Old 11-07-2006, 05:06 PM #20
VDA
 
 
VDA's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
I give it the green light
__________________
PM me if you want to buy a PL CROSSEYED PAINTBALL 08 EGO.

BNIB 2nd Gen 8GB IPOD Touch 160$
VDA is offline  
Old 11-07-2006, 05:09 PM #21
jcool3
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: ainavlysnnep
 has been a member for 10 years
I wouldn't mind seeing an investment/ small business forum
jcool3 is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump