Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 12-21-2006, 01:45 PM #127
JokerBebop
Airborne!!!

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaintballSportsGirl View Post
...If the first and only kind of paintball I had ever been exposed to was speedball, I would probably not be playing today. And don't get me wrong, I have fun on a speedball field with the right players, who don't cheat or overshoot TOO much.
^^Agreed and seconded-ed-ed....

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaintballSportsGirl View Post
...There's something about running around in the woods with a whole group of people for 24 hours that just builds camaraderie and memories. That's not to mention how the role-playing and missions and tanks and tank hunters, etc., just create more memories and more stories to tell.
There are so many more elements to the game. I think that whatever you're looking for--from drinking buddies and awesome "war stories" to adventure to tactical thinking, problem solving or just spraying tons of paint--you'll find it on the scenario field!
That really sums it up in my book. I do not want to restart the war over speedball and scenario. Both have their place in the world. It is like two sides of the same coin and frankly, one cannot really survive without the other. But for me, scenario is the ticket and will be something I will be involved in until they put me in the ground.

Long live scenario paintball!
I have to agree 100%. I took my xGf out on a speedball field first. She never came back to play. I took my current gf to a scenario 1st, and now shes out there with me every saturday playing. Scenarios are definatly the way to go. Better people to be around with, more fun, more honesty. Dont get me wrong though, theres nothign better then showing up to the speedball field in Camos and doing some ownage.

Like a blind man at an orgy, I was going to have to feel things out.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-21-2006, 01:47 PM #128
Viper7
Head Trouble Maker..

Quote:
Originally Posted by njhusker View Post
I did basic at Ft. McLellan AL in July with no A/C. That was a shock to the system (moving from Nebraska where there is NO humidity to Alabama in the summer). What kept our minds off the heat was we were the first Company to house women in our barracks!!! They were on the third floor to prevent prying eyes. But those stairwells were a hotbed of activity late at night... LOL

Now back to our regularly scheduled paintball discussion...

I understand Chuck said they will have a trailor with 12 or so shower stalls with pull chain type shower heads and hot water. Now if we can get him to put in those porta sinks mentioned earlier by someone here that would be great...
I understand hot basic training. Before basic lived in Southern Oklahoma. Basic was at Ft. Sill June & July. Uniform could walk away after your took it off boots and shirts always had salt lines.

Showers even portable showers would make a huge diffence to most fields. I know it would get my boss to play more often. She said after one look at me after Last spring Castle if there is a shower on site she would go. To me a day of great paintball is worth the waiting thru the 2 hour drive home.
Team Voodoo #70
VooDoo Paintball LLC
BT Olive TM7 #18
www.emrpaintball.com
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Team-V...18113204997679
Old 12-21-2006, 01:50 PM #129
JokerBebop
Airborne!!!

Quote:
I did basic at Ft. McLellan AL in July with no A/C. That was a shock to the system (moving from Nebraska where there is NO humidity to Alabama in the summer). What kept our minds off the heat was we were the first Company to house women in our barracks!!! They were on the third floor to prevent prying eyes. But those stairwells were a hotbed of activity late at night... LO
Basic In Fort Benning Georgia with the 3rd ID. Luckily we didnt really have to much of a heat problem. Was pretty dam cold in Georgia. Sept - December. Sucked having to do drills at 3am because some firewatch couldnt remember the headcount. Dont even get me started on the latrine detail

Like a blind man at an orgy, I was going to have to feel things out.
Old 12-21-2006, 02:13 PM #130
BarneyNY
I'm the Purple guy!

Annual Supporting Member
BarneyNY is a Supporting Member
BarneyNY owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Professor331 View Post
Fencing? I didn't know you fenced. I fenced quite a bit in college. Still do it when I have a chance, but it's hard to find someone else who has a mask and equipment.

I encountered fencing because I liked combat sports. Then I found paintball.
Yeah, I did some fencing in College. Came back with 2 bronse medals. My Freshman year. Then that College life kicked in and I ended up selling my stuff. What style of fencing (foil, epee or sabre)? I've been thinking of going back to it sometime in the future.
WestPoint 2005 Battle of Bastogne MVT (RT Raiders); 2006 Spring Game VC - MVP; 2008 Battle of Bulge German - Co-MVP; Skirmish 2007 Staligrad Russian - MVP; HiVi 2008 Death Before Dishonor - Sportsmanship; StrategyPlus 2009 WOA - Co-MVP; 2010 Legion - MoFo; 2011 Russian Front - Russian MVP; 2012 Quickshot - Divided Front - MVP; EMR 2013 March Meltdown - MVP
www.bluescrewtv.com; www.emrpaintball.com; www.cousinspaintball.com; www.paintballsportsny.com
Old 12-21-2006, 02:47 PM #131
The Professor331
I just shoot people...

Barney: foil was my favorite since I have pretty long arms and could use it to my advantage on lunges. epee was my second favorite.

Back on to the whole toilet/shower thing. I think it's starting to become a thread of it's own. Would one of you want to start a thread about it.

We are starting to get away from the orinial discussion topics of how and why we think the game is important.
Old 12-21-2006, 04:32 PM #132
jrock0910
Old School Twists

jrock0910 is a Supporting Member
jrock0910 supports Bob Gurnsey
jrock0910 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Kendo>Fencing

I don't care to belong to a club that accepts people like me as members

:To Quote Former President Thomas Jefferson: "If any state in the Union will declare that it prefers separation...to a continuance in union... I have no hesitation in saying, 'let us separate
Old 12-21-2006, 04:39 PM #133
Viper7
Head Trouble Maker..

I think that it shows the young new players and the public. That this is a type of paintball that encourages the following.
1. Sportsmanship..(We hate the idea of cheating and wiping off a hit )
2. Team work....(JSOC and GWM are good examples of that. )
3. Co-operation ( Look at all the events that teams ref for fields at big games. )
4. Good some what clean fun...
Team Voodoo #70
VooDoo Paintball LLC
BT Olive TM7 #18
www.emrpaintball.com
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Team-V...18113204997679
Old 12-21-2006, 05:02 PM #134
Rob Ritter

lol good clean fun?

sorry but if you come to play and are clean at the end....... you DIDN'T play hard enough!
Old 12-21-2006, 06:36 PM #135
8-Ball

Amen to that Brotha!