Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 12-18-2006, 07:05 PM #106
Harbinger[TG] (Banned)
BOS

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by general rob View Post
My wife and i Married 20 years, highschool sweet hearts. She has never nor will she ever play the sport with me or at all. Just not her thing. But , she is great with our kids, has no problems with them going out with me to play our sport.
The potty problem. I just went out and purchased a camper, mobile toilet, problem solved !!!!+
I know how we can atract more ladies to the sport , have the Professor set up a kissing both at the games!!!! what ladie can resist that???
rob
hahahaha

on a side note, spanky from the moles tried to tip me over in a porta potty at the finale

http://www.pbjunkie.com/gallery/data...m/IMG_4164.jpg
Old 12-18-2006, 07:09 PM #107
papaintballer15
Ya, thats me at your base

Annual Supporting Member
papaintballer15 is playing at Living Legends V
papaintballer15 is playing at Living Legends VII
papaintballer15 supports Bob Gurnsey
papaintballer15 posts videos on PbNation
papaintballer15 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
papaintballer15 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Quote:
My wife and i Married 20 years, highschool sweet hearts. She has never nor will she ever play the sport with me or at all. Just not her thing. But , she is great with our kids, has no problems with them going out with me to play our sport.
The potty problem. I just went out and purchased a camper, mobile toilet, problem solved !!!!+
I know how we can atract more ladies to the sport , have the Professor set up a kissing both at the games!!!! what ladie can resist that???
rob

and some men. haha jk prof.

im now bored.. gonna go watch wrestling
Old 12-18-2006, 07:58 PM #108
BarneyNY
I'm the Purple guy!

Annual Supporting Member
BarneyNY is a Supporting Member
BarneyNY owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
rob
Same here. Married 21 years and my wife sends me off with a blessing. Just glad to get me out of the house. My son is 16 and can deal with the potty problem. My daughters going to be 8 so she still too young. But she keeps asking me when can she play.
WestPoint 2005 Battle of Bastogne MVT (RT Raiders); 2006 Spring Game VC - MVP; 2008 Battle of Bulge German - Co-MVP; Skirmish 2007 Staligrad Russian - MVP; HiVi 2008 Death Before Dishonor - Sportsmanship; StrategyPlus 2009 WOA - Co-MVP; 2010 Legion - MoFo; 2011 Russian Front - Russian MVP; 2012 Quickshot - Divided Front - MVP; EMR 2013 March Meltdown - MVP
www.bluescrewtv.com; www.emrpaintball.com; www.cousinspaintball.com; www.paintballsportsny.com
Old 12-18-2006, 08:17 PM #109
PaintballSportsGirl

8-ball,
I have to agree with you on the potty problem!! That's why I love Cousins in NJ (indoor bathrooms) and EMR (a few "ladies only" portapotties).
But that's a great idea for field owners to give incentives to players who bring along new female players.
And sorry for jacking the original thread, but... it kind of does relate, because one of the great things about scenario paintball is how it's open to everyone, of every gender, every age.
If the first and only kind of paintball I had ever been exposed to was speedball, I would probably not be playing today. And don't get me wrong, I have fun on a speedball field with the right players, who don't cheat or overshoot TOO much. Hey, I understand that overshooting happens and i'm not a baby, I can take it... but there are limits. Anyway, I really think if that was the only type of paintball I could play... it wouldn't hold my interest very long.
There's something about running around in the woods with a whole group of people for 24 hours that just builds camaraderie and memories. That's not to mention how the role-playing and missions and tanks and tank hunters, etc., just create more memories and more stories to tell.
There are so many more elements to the game. I think that whatever you're looking for--from drinking buddies and awesome "war stories" to adventure to tactical thinking, problem solving or just spraying tons of paint--you'll find it on the scenario field!
http://www.specialopspaintball.com/b..._banner_01.gif
Old 12-18-2006, 08:26 PM #110
papaintballer15

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaintballSportsGirl View Post
8-ball,
I have to agree with you on the potty problem!! That's why I love Cousins in NJ (indoor bathrooms) and EMR (a few "ladies only" portapotties).
But that's a great idea for field owners to give incentives to players who bring along new female players.
And sorry for jacking the original thread, but... it kind of does relate, because one of the great things about scenario paintball is how it's open to everyone, of every gender, every age.
If the first and only kind of paintball I had ever been exposed to was speedball, I would probably not be playing today. And don't get me wrong, I have fun on a speedball field with the right players, who don't cheat or overshoot TOO much. Hey, I understand that overshooting happens and i'm not a baby, I can take it... but there are limits. Anyway, I really think if that was the only type of paintball I could play... it wouldn't hold my interest very long.
There's something about running around in the woods with a whole group of people for 24 hours that just builds camaraderie and memories. That's not to mention how the role-playing and missions and tanks and tank hunters, etc., just create more memories and more stories to tell.
There are so many more elements to the game. I think that whatever you're looking for--from drinking buddies and awesome "war stories" to adventure to tactical thinking, problem solving or just spraying tons of paint--you'll find it on the scenario field!
i think ill go with the spraying tons of paint part seems to be all im good at lmao
Old 12-19-2006, 08:10 PM #111
general rob
Hell Katz

Annual Supporting Member
Paintball and indoor bathrooms, one can only hope they all adapt that concept.
Oh man, Barney your always one ahead, I am married 20 years, you are married 21, i am a level 4 paintballer you are a level 5 , I wear an hawaii shirt you wear purple.... man, how can i compete????LOL
Rob
Old 12-19-2006, 09:45 PM #112
BarneyNY
I'm the Purple guy!

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Paintball and indoor bathrooms, one can only hope they all adapt that concept.
Oh man, Barney your always one ahead, I am married 20 years, you are married 21, i am a level 4 paintballer you are a level 5 , I wear an hawaii shirt you wear purple.... man, how can i compete????LOL
Rob
By competing. It's all about having fun and you know as well as i do. That is the most important thing. It funny that the same year I got Married was the same year I started playing paintball. I gave up softball and fencing.
WestPoint 2005 Battle of Bastogne MVT (RT Raiders); 2006 Spring Game VC - MVP; 2008 Battle of Bulge German - Co-MVP; Skirmish 2007 Staligrad Russian - MVP; HiVi 2008 Death Before Dishonor - Sportsmanship; StrategyPlus 2009 WOA - Co-MVP; 2010 Legion - MoFo; 2011 Russian Front - Russian MVP; 2012 Quickshot - Divided Front - MVP; EMR 2013 March Meltdown - MVP
www.bluescrewtv.com; www.emrpaintball.com; www.cousinspaintball.com; www.paintballsportsny.com
Old 12-19-2006, 10:05 PM #113
starkc
ver d.3.1.0

Indoor bathrooms Why even camp? Comon guys...

My parents both play, and brothers, I have been convinced (coerced) by severak past girlfriends to let them come along to play, and all but one loved it. And that one actually had a great time, but found tick on her head like three days later and refused ever to follow me into the woods again. lol.

Barney,
Fencing?

Mister, We Deal in Lead
Team Ragnarok
The thing that makes a man into a professional is the software.
"Here is my personal advice; be a man. Don't come down here expecting **** for free, don't feel it is your right to be treated well, and exercise some freaking integrity."
TSgt B. Murray
Old 12-19-2006, 10:16 PM #114
Kannyn CMF
It's pronounced "KAN-NIN"

Quote:
i am a level 4 paintballer you are a level 5
Angel +3 vs. Vorpal Autococker?

To know about the Giggle Loop...is to become part OF the Giggle Loop.
Old 12-20-2006, 11:28 AM #115
njhusker
Inactive

Quote:
...If the first and only kind of paintball I had ever been exposed to was speedball, I would probably not be playing today. And don't get me wrong, I have fun on a speedball field with the right players, who don't cheat or overshoot TOO much.
^^Agreed and seconded-ed-ed....

Quote:
...There's something about running around in the woods with a whole group of people for 24 hours that just builds camaraderie and memories. That's not to mention how the role-playing and missions and tanks and tank hunters, etc., just create more memories and more stories to tell.
That really sums it up in my book. I do not want to restart the war over speedball and scenario. Both have their place in the world. It is like two sides of the same coin and frankly, one cannot really survive without the other. But for me, scenario is the ticket and will be something I will be involved in until they put me in the ground.

Long live scenario paintball!
Fight every battle as if it were your last...either way all your troubles will be over.
Farewell friends...... It was a GREAT ride while it lasted
Old 12-20-2006, 11:37 AM #116
BarneyNY
I'm the Purple guy!

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by starkc View Post
Indoor bathrooms Why even camp? Comon guys...

My parents both play, and brothers, I have been convinced (coerced) by severak past girlfriends to let them come along to play, and all but one loved it. And that one actually had a great time, but found tick on her head like three days later and refused ever to follow me into the woods again. lol.

Barney,
Fencing?
Yes, I was a pretty good foil fencer (ranked 8th in NYC) and I also played Class A Baseball (before I join the Marines). Once I finished College and got my BA. Got married and started playing pb. Long story short!
Old 12-20-2006, 12:53 PM #117
papaintballer15

Annual Supporting Member
wow barney, might wanna quiet down your making yourself sound old
Old 12-20-2006, 01:04 PM #118
Harbinger[TG] (Banned)
BOS

it would be nice to have showers instead of hoses hanging above your head.. a little privacy could be nice.

My thing with portas is washing up.

They had seperate porta sinks at world cup with that magical stuff called soap
Old 12-20-2006, 01:11 PM #119
The Glitch
Myrmidon's Web Monkey

Quote:
I know how we can atract more ladies to the sport
Ha ha! We got you guys covered. We'll have a little surprise for everyone at the next I.O.N.

Let's just say we knows peoples

*coughhughhefnercough*

Proud to be apart of the Strategy Plus Family.
For top quality scenario play at a modest price, there's no better choice!

Fueled by EMPIRE Paintball
Old 12-20-2006, 01:11 PM #120
BarneyNY
I'm the Purple guy!

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by papaintballer15 View Post
wow barney, might wanna quiet down your making yourself sound old
Am as old as I look in my avatar! LOL

Actually I started young. I was in the Marine corp at 17. Celebrated my 18th birthday in Booth Camp.
Old 12-20-2006, 02:11 PM #121
Harbinger[TG] (Banned)
BOS

a birthday on the Island...sounds like extra fun
Old 12-20-2006, 02:21 PM #122
BarneyNY
I'm the Purple guy!

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbinger[TG] View Post
a birthday on the Island...sounds like extra fun
Yes on the Island with 3rd Battalion in those old barracks before the new air condition one they have now.
Old 12-20-2006, 02:38 PM #123
Harbinger[TG] (Banned)
BOS

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarneyNY View Post
Yes on the Island with 3rd Battalion in those old barracks before the new air condition one they have now.
A/C?!?!?!?!

the navy must be missing some money.... A/C for the Island, just doesnt sound proper
Old 12-20-2006, 02:42 PM #124
BarneyNY
I'm the Purple guy!

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbinger[TG] View Post
A/C?!?!?!?!

the navy must be missing some money.... A/C for the Island, just doesnt sound proper
Tell me about it!
Old 12-20-2006, 04:09 PM #125
njhusker
Inactive

I did basic at Ft. McLellan AL in July with no A/C. That was a shock to the system (moving from Nebraska where there is NO humidity to Alabama in the summer). What kept our minds off the heat was we were the first Company to house women in our barracks!!! They were on the third floor to prevent prying eyes. But those stairwells were a hotbed of activity late at night... LOL

Now back to our regularly scheduled paintball discussion...

I understand Chuck said they will have a trailor with 12 or so shower stalls with pull chain type shower heads and hot water. Now if we can get him to put in those porta sinks mentioned earlier by someone here that would be great...
Fight every battle as if it were your last...either way all your troubles will be over.
Farewell friends...... It was a GREAT ride while it lasted
Old 12-21-2006, 01:22 PM #126
The Professor331
I just shoot people...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarneyNY View Post
By competing. I gave up softball and fencing.
Fencing? I didn't know you fenced. I fenced quite a bit in college. Still do it when I have a chance, but it's hard to find someone else who has a mask and equipment.

I encountered fencing because I liked combat sports. Then I found paintball.