Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 12-13-2006, 07:01 PM #64
Harbinger[TG] (Banned)
BOS

has been a member for 10 years
Professor

i always like seeing the kids trying their best to do things. Kinda like the ARES medic kid that followed us around

Awesome seeing you at the Finale
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-13-2006, 07:59 PM #65
8-Ball

Harb,

That is true. the kids are the future of the sport, and many of them are awesome ballers as well.

All of the guys on California Gridlock are Stand up, hardcore players but if you want to know the real reason I run with these guys you don't have to go any further than here:

Youngest player in the NCT SPPL
Old 12-13-2006, 08:06 PM #66
Harbinger[TG] (Banned)
BOS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8-Ball View Post
Harb,

That is true. the kids are the future of the sport, and many of them are awesome ballers as well.

All of the guys on California Gridlock are Stand up, hardcore players but if you want to know the real reason I run with these guys you don't have to go any further than here:

Youngest player in the NCT SPPL
Kids are the reason i usually give out 1000s of PBN stickers a year. I had already run out by the time i got to the Grand Finale, but i ended up giving this medic a short sleeve woodland jersey that i never use. Blue gave him signed posters and a dvd... one happy kid

I wish i was still invincible like a kid...better lungs and legs.... good times
Old 12-13-2006, 08:47 PM #67
BarneyNY
I'm the Purple guy!

Annual Supporting Member
BarneyNY is a Supporting Member
BarneyNY owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrock0910 View Post
yea he still thinks your wide guy to barney he is still walking around talking about hot nice wide guy was for lending him paint

not that Joe isnt a hell of a nice Guy
That's funny. Joe's 100lb bigger then me and He has that Yellow/lime/black jersey. As I'm all in purple. Pretty much sure he was only looking at the extra pod of paint I gave him so he can go back in.
WestPoint 2005 Battle of Bastogne MVT (RT Raiders); 2006 Spring Game VC - MVP; 2008 Battle of Bulge German - Co-MVP; Skirmish 2007 Staligrad Russian - MVP; HiVi 2008 Death Before Dishonor - Sportsmanship; StrategyPlus 2009 WOA - Co-MVP; 2010 Legion - MoFo; 2011 Russian Front - Russian MVP; 2012 Quickshot - Divided Front - MVP; EMR 2013 March Meltdown - MVP
www.bluescrewtv.com; www.emrpaintball.com; www.cousinspaintball.com; www.paintballsportsny.com
Old 12-13-2006, 09:07 PM #68
Harbinger[TG] (Banned)
BOS

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarneyNY View Post
That's funny. Joe's 100lb bigger then me and He has that Yellow/lime/black jersey. As I'm all in purple. Pretty much sure he was only looking at the extra pod of paint I gave him so he can go back in.
whats the interest on pods of paint these days?? i think i owe wideguy one
Old 12-13-2006, 09:39 PM #69
BarneyNY
I'm the Purple guy!

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbinger[TG] View Post
whats the interest on pods of paint these days?? i think i owe wideguy one
Going rate is at your next game. Give it to a kid that needs it.
WestPoint 2005 Battle of Bastogne MVT (RT Raiders); 2006 Spring Game VC - MVP; 2008 Battle of Bulge German - Co-MVP; Skirmish 2007 Staligrad Russian - MVP; HiVi 2008 Death Before Dishonor - Sportsmanship; StrategyPlus 2009 WOA - Co-MVP; 2010 Legion - MoFo; 2011 Russian Front - Russian MVP; 2012 Quickshot - Divided Front - MVP; EMR 2013 March Meltdown - MVP
www.bluescrewtv.com; www.emrpaintball.com; www.cousinspaintball.com; www.paintballsportsny.com
Old 12-13-2006, 09:45 PM #70
Harbinger[TG] (Banned)
BOS

Quote:
Going rate is at your next game. Give it to a kid that needs it.
I remember at avalon i was taking the base with a hopper left, some little kid offered to give me paint... I didnt take it, i couldnt take it from a kid. So i just told him to run behind me and shoot at the castle.

We ended up taking the base first, a few minutes later our allies finally strolled in

I had almost forgot about that from last year
Old 12-13-2006, 10:42 PM #71
papaintballer15
Ya, thats me at your base

Annual Supporting Member
papaintballer15 is playing at Living Legends V
papaintballer15 is playing at Living Legends VII
papaintballer15 supports Bob Gurnsey
papaintballer15 posts videos on PbNation
papaintballer15 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
papaintballer15 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
i always return paint if i may have to borrow, and give a little extra back. Professor gave me i think a pod or 2 at fort. And i gave him almost a full bag.
Old 12-14-2006, 05:03 AM #72
stoudty33
paintin' faces since 1997

Quote:
Originally Posted by papaintballer15 View Post
i always return paint if i may have to borrow, and give a little extra back. Professor gave me i think a pod or 2 at fort. And i gave him almost a full bag.
no way, you had a full bag left at the end of the day??? you musnt have been feeling well to have all THAT left.
Old 12-14-2006, 09:22 AM #73
The Professor331
I just shoot people...

With all the talk about sharing paint with teammates and strangers, it makes me think of karma.

Yeah, paintball karma. Share your paint and paint will be shared wtih you.

I wonder it that would make an ep. of My Name is Earl?

I think I've bummed paint off nearly everyone in the field (with Barney being the latest example while we were machine-gunning droves of people at Grand Finale). but at the same time, I don't think I've ever not shared paint with anyone who needs it.
Old 12-14-2006, 09:33 AM #74
HUTCHofTheMyrmidon
shots ring out

It's about time the Myrmidon joined in this thread. The core of our group have been playing now for about 5 years now. We played mostly outlaw ball in the woods behind our church and thats where we started developing our tactics and skill and an addicting and love for this game. It became more than just a sunday afternoon passtime but a sport that we always tried to improve on and became a way to deal with the stress of the week and start monday fresh.
About 6 months or so ago, Glitch, came up to us and said he had this phenominal idea that was going to make us crap our pants. So the core of our guys all met up and he told us about this place called Skirmish and this game called I.O.N. and the rest is not yet writted. We fell in love with the game in a whole new light. The sportmanship and honor that the main teams that I've played with and against is amazing. The devotion to play fair, include all, and seeing the brotherhood that had developed invigorated me. It is a game that the Myrmidon, a bunch of sometimes misguided college aged kids, can unify and accomplish something worthy. And damn its just flat out fun and one hell of a rush. The Myrmidon are growing and expanding and looking to become what was priorly labelled "sponsor whores" because without some kind of financial help it will greatly limit the amount of games we can attend. Lol we can barely buy beer and gas some weeks...but we make sacrifices for the game we love.
To Paintball!!
~Hutch

Myrmidon Paintball
a proud part of the Strategy Plus Family.

IT's all we got and need for now
Old 12-14-2006, 10:24 AM #75
The Professor331
I just shoot people...

Hutch,

Glad you have the Myrmidons on the post and in the game. Your story is actually very similar to mine. I was in college when I played my first game of Paintball. I was hooked from the first moment, like something inside had awakened.

I was the first guy to buy a gun, a 12 inch brass PGP Sheridan (loved that gun). We would play in the woods behind my house, on our farms, anyplace we could find. Only a few of us had guns so the rest would play with padded shovel handles and bats (rolls of paper towels wrapped in duct tape). Our masks were shop glasses and hockey masks. Some of us had improvised armor since on occasion, our padded bats would break or chip bone. And so the first games were played like this: 10 on 10 in th woods, each team had 2 guns and an assortment of melee weapons. It was capture the flag, if you got hit by 5 paintballs, or got 3 melee hits you could re-insert 3 times. It was called "Illiad Paintball" since we had infantrymen, and the gunners were like archers. Everyone had a case of beer and you could challenge someone to a duel, whereby the winner got to "strip" the loser of one thing be that a weapon or a 6-pack of beer. At the end of the day we would all eat venison stew and drink beer and talk about the fights of the day. My god that was fun.
Old 12-14-2006, 10:50 AM #76
BarneyNY
I'm the Purple guy!

Annual Supporting Member
Same here after College and my tour with the Corp. I heard of about this game. We started playing at the Newburgh field in upstate New York called at the time "Survival NY". But also played on outlawed fields. One of the first thing I did was purchase a chrono. It got more organized after I started having everyone chrono their guns.

As for sharing paint. I don't mind and will always give out paint. As for team mates. We give it and never expect it back. Because it always comes back the next game. I've played with team Voodoo and others and we'll share as much as who ever needs. If you're in a spot where you need the paint. You will get the paint.
Old 12-14-2006, 12:42 PM #77
HUTCHofTheMyrmidon
shots ring out

Hey Barney, is Cousins Newburgh the old survival?

Myrmidon Paintball

Old 12-14-2006, 02:32 PM #78
Cook007
Small But Mighty

I started playing paintball as somthing to do with my son. I remember the first time we played together at Stategy plus, needless to say for my first time ever playing I thought I would be a pro at it my first time out, you know the im to fast for anyone to be able to hit me, needless to say I was taken out in the first 2 mins. or so in the first game. O ya and my son also forgot to tell me not to wear white before we started so I kinda looked like a deer in the woods with a target on it lol. The love of the game and the nervous feeling I get before the game is what keeps me coming back for more,that and the fact that my son and I play with the greatest bunch of guys and girls who are there for ya on and off the field. I have never played with or against anyone that I would have a problem hanging out with after the game is done. I will admit I have not come to the point in my game where I can say to another player nice shot when he or she takes me out, but I think thats only because of the compettiveness in me. I am 49 years young and play as hard as I can at all times. I find that paint ball gives me a place to vent and be part of a family. I am lucky enough to only live 2 miles from our home field. I found that while playing a sport that keeps you active also keeps you broke lol.

LT
Old 12-14-2006, 03:33 PM #79
papaintballer15

Annual Supporting Member
im bummin paint off barney wait.. your defending at castle right? oh well, ill come a knockin on your wall and be like hey barney! give me a pod so i can shoot u!
Old 12-14-2006, 03:39 PM #80
BarneyNY
I'm the Purple guy!

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by HUTCHofTheMyrmidon View Post
Hey Barney, is Cousins Newburgh the old survival?
Yes it is. I'm still work there on the weekends when they need me.
Old 12-14-2006, 03:43 PM #81
papaintballer15

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoudty33 View Post
no way, you had a full bag left at the end of the day??? you musnt have been feeling well to have all THAT left.
how many cases did i buy for fort? i do believe 3
Old 12-14-2006, 03:43 PM #82
BarneyNY
I'm the Purple guy!

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by papaintballer15 View Post
im bummin paint off barney wait.. your defending at castle right? oh well, ill come a knockin on your wall and be like hey barney! give me a pod so i can shoot u!
Well your bunk house is right next to voodoo's which is where I'll be staying. I'll trade a pod with you so you can try and shoot me with my own paint and I can shoot you with your paint.
Old 12-14-2006, 05:22 PM #83
papaintballer15

Annual Supporting Member
well its all the same paint so we wont know. We need to get a approval to put sharpie all over it so u can atleast notice some pieces of different color shell on ya haha... or ill just make sure u get some nice mouthfulls of my paint all day.
Old 12-14-2006, 06:37 PM #84
HUTCHofTheMyrmidon
shots ring out

Quote:
Yes it is. I'm still work there on the weekends when they need me.
I got some free passes to burn before new years eve there, when you gonna be working next? Maybe we'll come pester you. or better yet share a brew afterwards

Myrmidon Paintball