Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 09-01-2001, 05:21 PM #1
J.Warner
I'm Going to do the Cube

has been a member for 10 years
Unhappy Please respond Quickly

I have a friend that just got a new Intimidator. There is something going on that I can’t explain, but I will try. When it is shot (without balls) there is a blast of air down the barrel, sometimes, it might shoot just fine for a while then you can hear the solenoid click but no air blast down the barrel, other times you will have a half blast down the barrel. After you hit the manual button on the back of the solenoid it acts like it clears and will shoot fine for a short time. I don’t know for sure, but it acts like something is stopping the solenoid up. This gun is brand new and never played in a game (It just came in yesterday). If you have any idea please respond.

Team: Abbey's www.abbeyspaintball.comwould like to thank our sponsors.National Paintball Supply,*Impressions Trophies and Awards
Diablo,*Natural Accents Landscape and Design,*32 Degrees,*RATCO Gear,*Stiffi,*Abbeys Paintball
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-01-2001, 05:52 PM #2
gatorchris
BS unnecessary

First, you shouldnt dry fire the Timmy. Second, what button are you talking about on the solenoid? There is no manual button anywhere. Some questions for you, what kind of tank is he using? If its adjustable, did he set it to 500, if its not, does he have a secondary reg, and is it set to 500? Is he sure his high and low pressure regs are set correctly? Did you make sure you have a fresh battery? Did either of you read the manual that came with it? Im guessing no, since youre talking about a manual button on the solenoid. You should put the gun down, read the manual, actually download the NEW manual that will probably be more helpful, and make sure you have everything set up correctly. You can download the new manual here http://www.countypaintball.com/IntimidatorManual.pdf
Old 09-01-2001, 05:59 PM #3
J.Warner
I'm Going to do the Cube

as a matter of a fact there is a manual switch on the solenoid, its a little white button on the rear of the solenoid. and yes we are both familiar with the manual(both of them)and everything is set up right. there is a bad connection somewhere i just dont know where. we tested the trigger switch thats not it. its nothing to do with airflow, its something electrical.

Team: Abbey's www.abbeyspaintball.comwould like to thank our sponsors.National Paintball Supply,*Impressions Trophies and Awards
Diablo,*Natural Accents Landscape and Design,*32 Degrees,*RATCO Gear,*Stiffi,*Abbeys Paintball
Old 09-01-2001, 10:37 PM #4
camoguy

A couple of things to check:
#1: The battery of course
#2:Make sure your drop forward screws are not to long and pushing the battery up to crimp the wires. Just pull off the right grip panel with your dropforward on to check.
#3:Take the one screw holding the board in out and make sure no wires are crimped underneath.
#4: Check to make sure your trigger is properly adjusted so it's triggering the selenoid every time you pull the trigger.
#5: Make sure no grease or anything is in your on off switch. I got a nasty gun hit in the switch recentely and had to clean it with electrical cleaner to get it to work properly.
I've had all these item's cause me problems similar to what your describing. Hope this helps,let us know.
P.S. You can dry fire the Timmy just put it in test mode. Works great and yes there is a manual button for the selenoid at the back barely visible beneath the board.
Old 09-01-2001, 10:56 PM #5
gatorchris
BS unnecessary

Ive had my entire grip apart and didnt see a button, sheesh. If its electrical Id start at battery, then o-ring under the board screw, then maybe the solenoid harness. When you squeeze the trigger do you get a green light each time, even when it goofs up? If so Id move beyond that and go from board to solenoid, and board to eyes. A multimeter should make it an easy check, only two wires each. May also get more specific in your air side, does the bolt cycle right even when it does the half air and no air? If its cycling each time its not LP related, you might wanna check your regs and make sure they are greased, and your pin valves are straight.
Old 09-01-2001, 11:16 PM #6
kextreme311

kextreme311 is a Supporting Member
well we finnaly figured it out (it was my gun he was talking about), we figured since all the conections were good and it wasnt air related in any way that it must be the solenoid sticking. so we put some drops of kc oil in the asa and turned on the air and cycled the gun till it fired right every time. what we deduced is that the soenoid had been sitting up and had gotten stubborn and all it needed was a little lubing. it is working flawlessly now. ill keep yall posted after tommorow on how it does. thanks for the help.
Old 09-01-2001, 11:26 PM #7
camoguy

I've heard of new Timmy's sometimes having small metal fragments in them from the machining. This might have been what happened. Good luck and have fun.

Markers;
AKA Merlin body cocker
Classic Timmy