CS Union

jvpark is a Supporting Member
jvpark plays in the USPL
jvpark donated to help Peyton Trent
jvpark owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
jvpark is for the Gunfight
jvpark supports Bob Gurnsey
Touble shooting... Why my ONYX was chopping balls

Ok... I just am posting this with the hopes it might help someone...
I was chopping balls in my Onyx and could not figure why... LPR...HPR...Bolt...malfunctioning eyes...

I realized it was my fault for overtighting the feedneck... I have a Reloader B with a Hybrid Suicide shellz and I had tighten the screw soo much that it reshaped and pinched the feedtube and slowed the balls from falling down into the Onyx breech. I should of figued this out sooner because the breaks were in my breech not down the barrel.

The crazy part was that I tighten the feedneck enough to hold the hopper from moving but did not realize that would pinch the feedtube.

I think it's partially a design flaw because of the way the Onyx's feedneck clamps to the feedtubes and the fact that the Onyx's feedneck internals are smooth and not coarse like most feednecks.

I also have a Vlocity and did not experience any problems because the Vlocity's feedtube is stronger and is a one piece tube versus the Halo's feedtube are two pieces clamped together.

I do love the recessed feedneck design and will probably expect that to be the standard in most markers in the future...

Anyways.. I love my Onyx and hopes that know one makes the same stupid mistake that I made...
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement