Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-31-2006, 06:37 PM #22
feared
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: maui
 has been a member for 10 years
You guys are right... it sucks to listen to people argue about a call, about why it sucks that they got caught cheating. Although I honestly think this is a little differen't. I'm not some little kid, even though my spelling doesn't show it, and I find it interesting to talk about subjects like this. I don't think NPPL will ever change the outcome of the game, but it would be nice if they took the time to respond to the questions. We are what makes NPPL happen, fans, players, and pro..... and we deserve a response.

I was there watching the game, and didn't really have a favorite team. I was excited to see xsv win the overall titel, but I also thought it would be cool if Dynasty came back after the loss of Oliver.

With that said I was disapointed with the outcome. I see no other way to look at the game other than a draw. I personally don't know what is worse Malitious intent or Physical contact. Although Malitious intent is a judgement call by the reffs, and ther is no way to deny that Fragie was grabbing Sebban.

I think all the penaltys should ballance themselves out, and we call it a draw. Go to a one on one..... who ever wins takes the whole thing. I think that would be an exciting end, and I would have been very happy with that outcome.
__________________
My feedback http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...hreadid=817328



TEAM MAUI BUILT
feared is offline  
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-31-2006, 07:40 PM #23
Gwadaman
Fragile
 
Gwadaman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Toulouse
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballerguy13 View Post
Regardless of what happen before or after that, he OVERSHOT BC, he got penalized, and that is what lost you the game.
Again, wrong, they lost this game because Perez doesn't even know his own rulebook.

We can argue on overshooting or not, did Fraige shot Scandal before BC comes down the snake, does Dynasty deserve to win, for decades. Because we all have our point on these.

But that's not it.

Perez gave the win to Dynasty because Scandal got a 1 for 3 for playing without his armband. He CLEARLY, with no doubt, said it right after the game. It's not for BC overshot or other crap.

No Dynasty alive, no JoY alive it's a Tie according to the rulebook. BUT Perez missread this part and claimed that the penalty on Scandal is an automatically win for Dynasty. That is wrong.

You can't say it's the right call because IT'S NOT THE CORRECT RULE.

Last edited by manike : 11-01-2006 at 03:56 PM.
Gwadaman is offline  
Old 10-31-2006, 08:05 PM #24
titleist
www.deadlyvenoms.com
 
titleist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: tampa(o-town)
titleist is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Magued dont let these *****es get to you they know that what happened screwed you guys over and they cant admit to it so they come in here and ***** about it. So all the people that say Sebban overshot maybe you need to watch the video more carefully and youll notice that he shot him 4 times and started to turn away and then Bc shot him back so he shot him once again what hw did was called for because a dead man shot a live player. So all your dynasty wannabee ******s get the hell out of this thread and lets see something from the NPPL.
__________________
www.deadlyvenoms.com
www.kohnsports.com

FeedBack+10/-0
Christian Baller!!
titleist is offline  
Old 10-31-2006, 08:12 PM #25
theCOMEBACK
STFU PLZ
 
theCOMEBACK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: San Francisco
theCOMEBACK is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Iris, has anyone from the NPPL contacted you regarding this fiasco? Have you formally contacted them? I would really like to get some info as to what may or may not be going on behind the scenes that we're not hearing about on PBN.

Then again, I totally understand if you are unable to disclose such information.

Thanks!
__________________
STOP POSTING
theCOMEBACK is offline  
Old 10-31-2006, 08:15 PM #26
fluke854
 
 
fluke854's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by theCOMEBACK View Post
Iris, has anyone from the NPPL contacted you regarding this fiasco? Have you formally contacted them? I would really like to get some info as to what may or may not be going on behind the scenes that we're not hearing about on PBN.

Then again, I totally understand if you are unable to disclose such information.

Thanks!
You can see the 10 questions he asked the nppl on the first page. Hasnt gotten a reply as far as I know.
__________________
BOSTON RED LEGION
fluke854 is offline  
Old 10-31-2006, 08:37 PM #27
M.Idris
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Stockholm
M.Idris is a Professional paintball player
M.Idris works for a Paintball manufacturer
No replys yet. Will post it if I get any.
M.Idris is offline  
Old 10-31-2006, 11:27 PM #28
achanman
Alan
 
achanman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: vancouver B.
 has been a member for 10 years
I understand Joys postion on the calls, however I dont think that the NPPL is gonna reverse the calls on this one. you cant take away the super bowl from the winners cause they saw a tape after the game and so and so grabbed what his names helmet. I personally think that the NPPl will stand by their ruling, If they reverse this they will undermine themselves and what little credability they have with the public after this.
Sorry Joy Just my two cents.
achanman is offline  
Old 10-31-2006, 11:40 PM #29
-Stan187-
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Worldwide
Quote:
Originally Posted by achanman View Post
I understand Joys postion on the calls, however I dont think that the NPPL is gonna reverse the calls on this one. you cant take away the super bowl from the winners cause they saw a tape after the game and so and so grabbed what his names helmet. I personally think that the NPPl will stand by their ruling, If they reverse this they will undermine themselves and what little credability they have with the public after this.
Sorry Joy Just my two cents.
What credibility? Chuck Hensch & Co. (and his successors) have been screwing other teams in favor of dynasty players on controversial rulings for years. And thats coming from a Dynasty fan. It takes no credit away from Dynasty being good. It does however, take it away from the NPPL and the ppl that run it.
__________________
Jew Crew Founder Str8Kosher

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=1823430 LEOPARD JT Teams for sale, On/offs, regs
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...1#post29227631 EGO with everything, CHEAP
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...2#post26536062 FEEDBACK

Favorite Ballers: Mapp Chhim, Thomas Taylor, Ryan Greenspan, Chris Wilson, Ryan Muir, Timmy Propst, Angel Fragoza, Tyler McCluskey, Jon Richardson, Brandon Short
-Stan187- is offline  
Old 11-01-2006, 12:01 AM #30
feared
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: maui
 has been a member for 10 years
Just because they won't change the ruleing doesn't mean that they can't respond. At least they could give Joy and the rest of us some respect and respond.
__________________
My feedback http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...hreadid=817328



TEAM MAUI BUILT
feared is offline  
Old 11-01-2006, 01:01 AM #31
-Stan187-
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Worldwide
this kinda incident should also increase the need for instant replay. If not official NPPL instant replay, the refs should at least utilize the videos being shot by the filming companies, maybe put it in their agreement like "we agree to let you film as long as we can use the video footage to review calls, bla bla bla"
__________________
Jew Crew Founder Str8Kosher

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=1823430 LEOPARD JT Teams for sale, On/offs, regs
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...1#post29227631 EGO with everything, CHEAP
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...2#post26536062 FEEDBACK

Favorite Ballers: Mapp Chhim, Thomas Taylor, Ryan Greenspan, Chris Wilson, Ryan Muir, Timmy Propst, Angel Fragoza, Tyler McCluskey, Jon Richardson, Brandon Short
-Stan187- is offline  
Old 11-01-2006, 01:22 AM #32
*Endo*21
ruoy gnikcuf diputs
 
*Endo*21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: *503* PDX
For those of you that dont know, Joy has a pending suspension that they're gonna have to argue. I dont think its realistic that they will get utter justice for OC, the call probably wont be changed. BUt they can get some justice in other ways, at least the suspension lifted.

Paintballerguy13 how have you seen nothing to change your opinion towards this. You still maintain it was a good call. Sebban over shot BC because BC shot him without an armband. I mean its very obvious stuff.

*edited for positiveness
__________________
HGAY
I got raped...but I was on top
S.I

Last edited by *Endo*21 : 11-01-2006 at 05:18 PM.
*Endo*21 is offline  
Old 11-01-2006, 02:05 AM #33
*Endo*21
ruoy gnikcuf diputs
 
*Endo*21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: *503* PDX
BTW guys I updated tonight...7th post has some new stuff. And I put it in the second post at the top but I'd like to throw this in


***Perez states that since Joy got the alleged 3 for 1 that Dynasty gets the automatic pull and hang.
Rule 20.02 of the NPPL Rule Book says: "If the last player on a team is found to have been playing on with an obvious hit or wiping then the other team will automatically be awarded the pull and hang."
No where in that whole thing does it say someone else getting a penalty and you get the auto pull/hang. Basically Dynasty HAD to pull the flag in order to win. Unfortunately for Dynasty everyone was pulled...hmmm***
__________________
HGAY
I got raped...but I was on top
S.I

Last edited by *Endo*21 : 11-01-2006 at 02:07 AM.
*Endo*21 is offline  
Old 11-01-2006, 04:27 AM #34
mutedanny
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
View from and person loves to play to watch paintball and not a PRO.
What is right and what is wrong.
It's really obvious here.Joy was screwed by a bad ref. decision.
Nothing agaisst Dynasty or Joy here.
Both Dynasty and Joy are great teams.
People saying either one sucks,please prove that by beat them in the tourment.Otherwise you are just barking around like stray dogs.
mutedanny is offline  
Old 11-01-2006, 01:57 PM #35
manike
WWW.SIMONIZED.COM
 
manike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: On top of the World...
manike is a Mega Moderator
manike is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
manike works for a Paintball manufacturer
manike supports Bob Gurnsey
manike supports our troops
In the future, if you do not have anything POSITIVE OR NEW INFORMATION to add to this thread please do NOT POST in it. Thank you.

Last edited by manike : 11-01-2006 at 02:04 PM.
manike is offline  
Old 11-05-2006, 04:38 PM #36
Shooter X
 
 
Shooter X's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: near your house
Quote:
Originally Posted by mutedanny View Post
View from and person loves to play to watch paintball and not a PRO.
What is right and what is wrong.
It's really obvious here.Joy was screwed by a bad ref. decision.
Nothing agaisst Dynasty or Joy here.
Both Dynasty and Joy are great teams.
People saying either one sucks,please prove that by beat them in the tourment.Otherwise you are just barking around like stray dogs.


+100000
Shooter X is offline  
Old 11-08-2006, 05:17 PM #37
Fargbollen
WDP certified airtech
 
Fargbollen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Stockholm,Sweden,Europe
 has been a member for 10 years
I have another one:

Game 1 OC finals, the pic says it all:

__________________
http://www.angelowners.com
-The one true Angel home on the web. If you're serious about angels, join now.

Everything you ever wanted to know about Angel One.
Fargbollen is offline  
Old 11-08-2006, 05:20 PM #38
TeamShellShock
Collect All 16!
 
TeamShellShock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: U.S.A
TeamShellShock is a Supporting Member
TeamShellShock supports our troops
TeamShellShock is a Forum Captain
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fargbollen View Post
I have another one:

Game 1 OC finals, the pic says it all:

Ryan was hit in the mask the first game...watch the vids.
TeamShellShock is offline  
Old 11-08-2006, 08:29 PM #39
Fargbollen
WDP certified airtech
 
Fargbollen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Stockholm,Sweden,Europe
 has been a member for 10 years
I've watched them, probably more times than you have.

Obviously the mask's not the only place he got hit.
I'm not blaming Dynasty, I'm just asking how come marked players are allowed to hang flags. According to the rules that's a big no-no so why aren't the refs doing anything about it? If he wasn't out why hadn't the refs wiped him off even before he was allowed to pull the flag? And exacty when in the game did that pack hit occur? As in before the run-thru? Because, as you say, the only hit we see happen durig the run-thru is the one in the mask. The only guy I can see shooting back during the move is the snake guy, and that would have been on the right side of the body, not the left. After that there weren't any Joy players left to shoot him.
__________________
http://www.angelowners.com
-The one true Angel home on the web. If you're serious about angels, join now.

Everything you ever wanted to know about Angel One.

Last edited by Fargbollen : 11-08-2006 at 08:32 PM.
Fargbollen is offline  
Old 11-08-2006, 08:55 PM #40
TeamShellShock
Collect All 16!
 
TeamShellShock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: U.S.A
TeamShellShock is a Supporting Member
TeamShellShock supports our troops
TeamShellShock is a Forum Captain
Hit players arnt allowed to hang the flag, if they do its a re-hang if there hit.

Williamson has the flag in the pbstar vid (1:19)

its not the right game.

*note i do not agree with the calls made during the game*
TeamShellShock is offline  
Old 11-09-2006, 03:28 AM #41
Fargbollen
WDP certified airtech
 
Fargbollen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Stockholm,Sweden,Europe
 has been a member for 10 years
You're right.
I've been told that the pic I posted above is in fact not from the finals but the semi-finals of OC. Sorry for getting that part wrong, I was told it was game 1 in the finals and didn't check it up properly. I didn't write the text in the pic, which is faulty information.

Still a hit there though...
__________________
http://www.angelowners.com
-The one true Angel home on the web. If you're serious about angels, join now.

Everything you ever wanted to know about Angel One.
Fargbollen is offline  
Old 11-09-2006, 08:22 AM #42
TeamShellShock
Collect All 16!
 
TeamShellShock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: U.S.A
TeamShellShock is a Supporting Member
TeamShellShock supports our troops
TeamShellShock is a Forum Captain
Yea hes hit there. but its not uncommon to not notice your hit on the pack. all that will happen is he will hang the flag, theyll call him hit (unless hes clean for some reason), re-hang the flag and another player will run it up and hang it.
TeamShellShock is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump