PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 05-02-2001, 02:59 AM #1
GrayFox

has been a member for 10 years
Can a mag be converted to low pressure? If so please tell me how , and the advantages.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-02-2001, 09:06 AM #2
SniperWolf
FatalLightning

SniperWolf is a founding member
AGD has been trying to get the mag LP, it it isnt going to get any lower then it is, around 375 now. their is the smart parts black box, out of production, but i heard theyre fubar and dont do much. so stock mag is about as low as u can get. some advantages are possibly better gas mileage, less ball breaks and less noise.

2k1'r. retired.
Old 05-02-2001, 03:22 PM #3
Nerobro

Nerobro is a Supporting Member
Greywolf: Yes, it can be done. To do so you need to enlarge the AIR chamber, that would require machineing tools and some inginiuity. Off the top of my head I can think of 4 ways of doing it, and doing it well.

As for the advantages.... You'll have a unique, completely useless automag. The higher the pressure an auotmag runs at, the faster it can recharge, and the more efficant the gun is. The relitively low pressure of 450psi that a mag runs at, was chosen becasue that's the highest pressure co2 can support readily. Higher pressures are ideal.

SniperWolf: None of the advantages you listed are true, the automag is a dynamic design, and requires higher pressures to preform well. AGD isn't trying to make a lower pressure automag. Though AGD has produced automags that run at slightly higher, and lower pressures. The Smartmag ran 25-50psi lower than automags. The Hypermag was the oppisite, running 25-50 psi higher. The smartmag is less efficant, the hypermag is more efficant.

Omnipotence ain't all it's cracked up to be.......
Old 05-03-2001, 11:54 PM #4
lonsch

i thought the hyper mag ran at 600psi
Old 05-04-2001, 01:20 AM #5
Nerobro

Nerobro is a Supporting Member
I'm pretty sure it's only 50psi.. not 150 psi. You're welcome to dig up the data though. If you can find anything, I'd love to see it.

Omnipotence ain't all it's cracked up to be.......