Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 11-10-2006, 11:58 PM #64
CALLmeSANCHEZ
MW

has been a member for 10 years
CALLmeSANCHEZ plays in the PSP
CALLmeSANCHEZ owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
CALLmeSANCHEZ has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
i know my repetitive posts are coming off as annoying, but im overwhelmed by the fact that a pro actively posts on here just to socialize and talk this and that. and not just to promote themselves or their team.
Advertisement
Old 11-11-2006, 12:01 AM #65
CALLmeSANCHEZ
MW

CALLmeSANCHEZ plays in the PSP
CALLmeSANCHEZ owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
CALLmeSANCHEZ has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farside_Logan View Post
i post here before i practice, come on.
and you'll start seeing me there too.
Old 11-11-2006, 01:56 AM #66
Barber
Moose Krew.

Barber plays in the PSP
Barber plays in the APPA D4 division
Was it really necesary to post 5 times in a row?
Old 11-11-2006, 02:14 AM #67
Matrixp8ntballer
Midwest.

Quote:
matrixp8ntballer - evil... long story, we practice them almost exclusively and last time i think we went a whole day without losing. voltage stopped playing 7-man. they were fun to practice though.

tscruggs - i've driven to ohio a few times to practice. we routinely drive 4 hours to detroit, st louis, indiana, 6 hours to louisville. our last farside practice was to new jersey, it was like 12 hours each way, ha. hell, i did it last weekend to go visit brock in st. louis.

i'm not so sure it's as easy as parents just giving their kids money and all that. i think it's really more the expectation of getting free stuff, since that aspect has changed so much in recent years. to be honest though i think both are an over simplification. who knows what it is, maybe i'm just getting older and bitter like other old people.

-logan
Evil was looking good their first couple days in OC, they friggin rolled infamous and bushwacks. Plus you two are neck in neck in rankings this year so it might not be bad of an idea to practice against them in the off season...
I understand where the view would come from that todays generation has no heart, but I can personally attest to having to work for everything I've ever gotten from paintball, I stated with a tippman 4 years ago and I now have an 06 ego, I've traded up the entire way, without adding more than $200 to any trade lol. But back to heart... I think alot of MW teams have more heart that east or west coast, we don't get to play as much, we don't get as much respect, nor do we get much attention, so we have to fight tooth and nail for what we do get.

I think the problem is intimidation, I mean ya its a great oppurtunity to get to practice against pros, but knowing that your going to get slaughtered (even though you love every minute of it) is kind of a deterient. Playing against pros when your at a lower level you don't get paint for even remotely the same price as the pro team your playing, so going out and getting slaughtered leaves you with spending alot of money to get hosed every game. Getting beaten so quickly doesn't give you that much on field experience. I'm not saying you won't get any experience, any play brings experience, I'm just saying that you won't get as much competitive experience than if you were playing someone more on your level.

Theres also a new D2 nppl team that is forming in chicago, I was invited to try out, so if that works out I'm sure a scrim could be set up there. Oh btw logan, I got the empire shells, their great man.

P.S. Heres a exert from a paper I wrote for my psychology class this semester...it mentions something about heart

When you have heart you don’t need to be the best, because heart will fuel you to become the best you can be. Heart can’t be summed up into one sentence; I could write an entire paper about having heart. But if I could put heart’s definition into one sentence it would be something like this.
Heart is a deeply psychological emotion that springs from the superego, it counteracts the hateful will of the id to destroy the other team, it opposes the egos will to satisfy the id by hating the other team, it is the perfectionist drive to overcome all obstacles and succeed above all competitors, no matter what the odds, no matter what stands in your way, with heart you can conquer anyone.

It takes a high level of physical, emotional and mental strength to stand up to the rigorous demands of tournament paintball. Professional paintballers live, eat, sleep, drink and play paintball, they practice as much as 5 times a week, some get paid salaries, some get signing bonuses, some even run Pro Clinics where they teach skills to lower level players. This is their life, they have trained their minds, and their bodies to be the strongest mentally and physically that they can be. When they step on that field, its not about hating the other team, its not about bragging rights, its not about hurting people, its about being the best, its about paying the rent and supporting the family, its about taking themselves from the ordinary guy who works a regular job, to the paintball professional who still works a regular job, but has an amazing career as an underpaid, virtually unknown “Pro” in a sport that most people think is played in the woods and back yards of Army wannabees. This sport is not about violence, even though it may have violent undertones and themes, this sport is not about hate or hostility, this sport is about being an athlete, its about being with a group of guys that an outsider would call a team, when their really your family, your friends, your brotherhood.

Thats only about half a page from an 11 page paper.
Meh, I got an A, it works...
MW

Last edited by Matrixp8ntballer : 11-11-2006 at 02:31 AM.
Old 11-11-2006, 05:39 AM #68
junior496
DFW DURACOATING SERVICE

junior496 is a Supporting Member
most of lanche and evil play at the same indoor on guys, just fyi
Old 11-11-2006, 07:47 AM #69
Farside_Logan
Chicago Farside '07

Farside_Logan is a Professional paintball player
callmesanchez - it's just more complex than that. we would need to spend a lot more time practicing xball since we currently don't at all. all of us have played xball and usually a few of us play every psp event with other teams, but they are usually teams that just let us jump in and play... no practice required. we would hav e to more or less double our team budget too.

matrix - evil placed higher than us in the last 3 events, but in practice it's just not like that. i'm not trying to be mean or say they're bad, they're not. it's just not that constructive. we need a team to go 500 against, or even just a new set of people to play. we practice evil a lot. to say we played them on 20 separate days this year would not be a stretch. we played them 3 weekends in a row for sat and sun before the last event. it gets tiring playing against the same people.

i get the intimidation thing but i'm not talking about sat and sunday practices. most of them time you need to have a 7 man to play us and we all know that's challenging and probably not helpful to anyone. when i post that i'm going out there on a thursday night though and no one shows up it sucks. we literally just play 5 on 5's and that sort of nonsense. it's usually just 2 or 3 lanche guys, 2 or 3 evil guys, and some other random good people.

i have a B.S. in psychology. i loath freud; except for his defense mechanisms theories. and trust me, almost no one gets paid, and if they do it's not that much. think - time consuming hobby.

-logan

Last edited by Farside_Logan : 11-11-2006 at 07:50 AM.
Old 11-11-2006, 04:30 PM #70
Farside_Kyle
Killing Machine

thanks for calling me fat logan, now i need to think of something mean to say about you...
Old 11-11-2006, 04:47 PM #71
OWTKAST cpt
CBK = poop

OWTKAST cpt is a Supporting Member
We would bring 7 guys up to play you guys at chicagoland.. would it be a challenge for you... prolly not, but i tried to ask Brock when you guys would be at chicagoland and the pricing, but he wouldnt get back to me.

If you guys have a specific date your gonna be there with 7 guys in December i can prolly get 7 or more guys together.. hell we can do 9 on 7 if you need a challenge????

Logan you came to the colo the last time you were all down there playin on the 7 man right?
Old 11-11-2006, 04:49 PM #72
Barber
Moose Krew.

Barber plays in the PSP
Barber plays in the APPA D4 division
What about practicing with the Americans? They're not too far away.
Old 11-11-2006, 04:59 PM #73
Farside_Logan
Chicago Farside '07

kyle - don't worry, i've got plenty of traits you can make fun of. i walk on my toes, i'm "gay", i have a slight lisp... it's all gravy.

owtkast - i have no idea when we'll be having a full scale practice. i thought i was somewhat clear about this before. i'm mostly frustrated with a lack of individuals to play in the MW. next time i go out to chicagoland i'll post on here. as far as 7 mans go that's up to ed and when that happens i'll post about it too.

barber - organizing 7 man practices isn't part of my job on the team. that's really more ed's deal. we have however had some problems finding teams to practice as many pro teams are very fickle. o, that and the all a's are a much better xball team than they are 7 man team.

-logan
Old 11-11-2006, 07:29 PM #74
T.Scruggs
Hardwork

T.Scruggs plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:

tscruggs - i've driven to ohio a few times to practice. we routinely drive 4 hours to detroit, st louis, indiana, 6 hours to louisville. our last farside practice was to new jersey, it was like 12 hours each way, ha. hell, i did it last weekend to go visit brock in st. louis.

i'm not so sure it's as easy as parents just giving their kids money and all that. i think it's really more the expectation of getting free stuff, since that aspect has changed so much in recent years. to be honest though i think both are an over simplification. who knows what it is, maybe i'm just getting older and bitter like other old people.
-logan
Quote:
o, that and the all a's are a much better xball team than they are 7 man team.
-logan
This whole thread has given me a new look on what I'm doing with paintball, I'm 25 chances of me playing at your level are slim unless I get my stuff together and sack up and make the extra effort, most of the posting in this forum are atleast 2-3 years younger than me if not more. I too have that OLD bitter person thing going on lol.. And yes the All A's are a WAY better Xball team than 7-Man.
Old 11-11-2006, 07:33 PM #75
Farside_Kyle
Killing Machine

i was going to go with the lisp comment, but i didn't want to be a total dick
Old 11-11-2006, 07:54 PM #76
OWTKAST cpt
CBK = poop

lol .... gotta love it... Logan gives explanations, kyle pops in with a one liner and or run on.. lol
Old 11-11-2006, 10:08 PM #77
Rated R Superstar
currently retired

Quote:
almost no one gets paid, and if they do it's not that much. think - time consuming hobby.
doesnt avalanche have at least 3 players on salary? i know names and figures but im not gonna post them as they arent everyones business. im not trying to be argumentative really, more so just checking my facts.
Old 11-12-2006, 02:51 AM #78
jp2488
one man army

jp2488 is a Professional paintball player
jp2488 plays in the PSP
jp2488 plays in the APPA D4 division
logan makes some nasty nate taco's though...haha

Buy my Luxe!!!
Old 11-12-2006, 03:10 AM #79
KevN
fortyseven

bring back baines, glenn, and come back to SF!
oh yeah...and Xball!
Old 11-12-2006, 09:19 AM #80
Farside_Logan
Chicago Farside '07

rated r - nope. 2 people make money and both deserve it. and by money i mean they're given product to sell. it's a decent chunk of change but i wouldn't be trying to raise a family on it or anything. my point was really more to steer people away from thinking that paintball can be a viable source of income. with the amount of time you must put it you'd be better off becoming a professional (as in lawyer, accountant, etc.). people do it, it's just not a great way to go.

kevn - if ignorance is bliss, you must have a smile from ear to ear.
Old 11-12-2006, 11:55 AM #81
Farside_Kyle
Killing Machine

logan - since when has it been that you are the mad PBN poster and I am the kid that hardly logs on anymore?
Old 11-12-2006, 12:08 PM #82
mDub TK

mDub TK plays in the PSP
mDub TK is an NCPA player
mDub TK plays in the APPA D4 division
voltage gives you guys a good practice.

& if they dont, why dont you call your fellow chicagoins----> AFterShOcK
for some 7man prac. have them use ramping and they'll cheat the **** outta
you. That's some good practice to me
Old 11-12-2006, 12:09 PM #83
mDub TK

mDub TK plays in the PSP
mDub TK is an NCPA player
mDub TK plays in the APPA D4 division
it'd b cool if you picked up tom van AGGtern as well. booyah
Old 11-12-2006, 05:13 PM #84
OWTKAST cpt
CBK = poop

lol... i think its sweet that pro players are active posters.. especially fellow MW'ers.

Anyone who makes it to the pro rank has had alot of time invested in what they do... then again as long as they love what they are doing.. they are prolly more then happy aye.then again.. MLB players are like 40 yr old men with... possible alot of time less athleticism (sp) then pro players.. yet they get paid hella...

okay this is now a petition to get logan a salary.. and when kyle posts more.. he gets one too..

Yah that was alot of nothing i just posted.... but im tired.. and you may have gotten a giggle wasting the last 30 seconds of your life.