PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 05-02-2001, 02:23 AM #1
GrayFox

has been a member for 10 years
Question

Hi all I have a few questions for you all. Is co2 that bad on a cocker? Do I need anti-siphon...does that work well? Or do I need Nitro?
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-02-2001, 03:23 PM #2
Budha
Paint Slüt

Co2 runs fine as long as you have an antisyphon, OR a remote, not both, if syphon is used with a remote, it will suck straight liquid. Nitro is nice, but it isnt needed if you dont play in tournments.

"Another innocent victim of APG...."

"I need a self esteem boost.... I think I'll go play walkon!"

Cocker World New to cockers? Want to learn about them? Click the link.
Old 05-02-2001, 10:15 PM #3
dweazel
Team Thrash

CO2 will work fine if you have anti syphon, and the weather is decent.
14" FREAK

***gen-x minicocker***FOR SALE
***nitro duck adj 68***FOR SALE

http://www.thrashpaintball.com
Old 05-06-2001, 11:00 PM #4
Taz

co2 will be fine. You don't even need anti-siphon, you'll just have horrific consistancy. Go with nitro as soon as you can. You're efficiancy will go up, and nitro/hpa is a much cleaner gas, (seals will last longer).
Old 05-13-2001, 09:17 PM #5
Ace

co2 wont kill your cocker but get hpa as soon as possible
Old 05-14-2001, 09:20 AM #6
Yochinaman
Gun Gigolo

Yochinaman is a founding member
My take on this is...Depends on how much you want to shoot. My cocker on CO2 gets better consistency than HPA on the angels that i've seen so far (not many cocker users around here). We're talking about AIR and conquests, raptors, and armageddons. So far, i see no reason performance wise to switch. I run anti-siphon dual regged CO2. About +/-5 fps. I know it's not the best, but it's still better than the some folks i'm playing against. The problem from CO2 arises when you start hosing and laying waste to everything in sight. You tank will chill, and lose pressure (not a big dilly since I'm dual regged). Eventually you will chill your tank so much that tank pressure is less than your operating pressure, then you're screwed. Also a frosted CO2 tank is very uncomfortable to hold or whatnot. I'm usually in the front and don't shoot more than 400 balls a game, I have no probs with chilling, shootdown, nothing. It's just a heavier setup than with a fiber HPA tank. Good luck.

Yochi.