Did the they make the right call? - Page 8 - PbNation
Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

View Poll Results: Did they make the right call?
Yes (Dynasty Supporter) 255 26.56%
Yes (Joy Supporter) 139 14.48%
No (Dynasty Supporter) 215 22.40%
No (Joy Supporter) 351 36.56%
Voters: 960. You may not vote on this poll

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 10-24-2006, 09:33 PM #148
daskidude
Bye Randy

has been a member for 10 years
I just saw the Lucky Paintball video of this. Oh man. Fraige moves up to S4, Joy gun runs down, bunkers Fraige slides into S2 clean, BC jumps over, they shoot each other, ref calls both of them out. Fraige is standing there, BC is standing there with his gun pointing at where the other Joy guy comes running from, he lights them up and then gets pulled for something. It looks to me like Joy shoulda won that game.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-24-2006, 09:37 PM #149
acn1

I was there and watched it all go down. Cole got pulled after he dove over the snake, but when sebban came around to bunker him, not knowing cole was out, cole stood up and shot him just as long as the sebban shot him. Then the refs immediately pulled sebbans arm band. The refs call was that sebban's arm band was removed before he shot cole. The call shouldnt have been on sebban but on cole since he was the only dead player shooting. After cole hung the flag all the refs gathered around him and included him in their conversation, but when a joy player came over they screamed at him and told him to get back in the dead box. Why did they listen to cole and not to the joy player? I believe Dan Perez was reffing for dynasty, so he made a bs call to give dynasty the win.
Old 10-24-2006, 09:41 PM #150
pimpinsaylor (Banned)
lıɥıu

pimpinsaylor is a Supporting Member
Wow, a detailed analysis. Too bad joy didn't win, because that would have given the cup to XSV.
Old 10-24-2006, 09:42 PM #151
wgp04cocker
GunWhoreClub#6

wgp04cocker is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by daskidude
I just saw the Lucky Paintball video of this. Oh man. Fraige moves up to S4, Joy gun runs down, bunkers Fraige slides into S2 clean, BC jumps over, they shoot each other, ref calls both of them out. Fraige is standing there, BC is standing there with his gun pointing at where the other Joy guy comes running from, he lights them up and then gets pulled for something. It looks to me like Joy shoulda won that game.
The snake player had no idea BC was coming. You can see in the video he has his head down at the time, and only shoots BC after he lands on the ground and has already shot him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by acn1
I was there and watched it all go down. Cole got pulled after he dove over the snake, but when sebban came around to bunker him, not knowing cole was out, cole stood up and shot him just as long as the sebban shot him. Then the refs immediately pulled sebbans arm band. The refs call was that sebban's arm band was removed before he shot cole. The call shouldnt have been on sebban but on cole since he was the only dead player shooting. After cole hung the flag all the refs gathered around him and included him in their conversation, but when a joy player came over they screamed at him and told him to get back in the dead box. Why did they listen to cole and not to the joy player? I believe Dan Perez was reffing for dynasty, so he made a bs call to give dynasty the win.
Did you watch the video? Cole barely shot any thing, if he did shoot anything at all, at Saben. Saben continued shooting Cole for a few strides, covering his mask, pack, and gun in paint. Theres no way you can honestly say they were shooting each other for the same time. Watch the video again and you'll see.

Not going to both arguing any other points such as the thought of a conspiracy.
Old 10-24-2006, 09:46 PM #152
StockholmJoy

I think it was such a mess, it can go any way and thered still be people for and against the call. Im a Joy supporter, and I wish theyd called it the other way, but all you can do at this point is just wait for next year.

GO JOY!
Old 10-24-2006, 09:48 PM #153
tru_baller
sofla ballers > the rest

tru_baller is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by wgp04cocker
The snake player had no idea BC was coming. You can see in the video he has his head down at the time, and only shoots BC after he lands on the ground and has already shot him.

Did you watch the video? Cole barely shot any thing, if he did shoot anything at all, at Saben. Saben continued shooting Cole for a few strides, covering his mask, pack, and gun in paint. Theres no way you can honestly say they were shooting each other for the same time. Watch the video again and you'll see.

Bandwagon wgp... Now all of a sudden that Dynasty wins the series everyone is a fan again I love it... Dynasty should have lost to Joy but of course home field helps dynasty...
Old 10-24-2006, 09:53 PM #154
wgp04cocker
GunWhoreClub#6

Quote:
Originally Posted by tru_baller
Bandwagon wgp... Now all of a sudden that Dynasty wins the series everyone is a fan again I love it... Dynasty should have lost to Joy but of course home field helps dynasty...
I certainly hope you weren't inferring I am bandwaggon fan.
Old 10-24-2006, 09:56 PM #155
newenglandkilla
sieve!!sieve!!sieve!!

then please genious, tell me how sebban got hits on him? did joy do it as part of a conspiracy when the thousands of people who were there blinked all at the same time.

if im not mistaken wgp has sackridden dynasty forever.
Old 10-24-2006, 09:56 PM #156
acn1

Explain where all the hits on sebban came from then when he came around the bunker?
Old 10-24-2006, 09:56 PM #157
geekwarrior81

Quote:

watch the video again...I dont think BC got Scandal as he went over the snake, not until he was on the ground. Watch it in slow motion.

Than watch BC as Seban comes around, he puts his gun up. BC's band is pulled at this point, so he should never shoot. Seban isnt going to take the time to check for an arm band if there is a gun pointing at him. BC hits Scandal and Seban, Seban got it right in the mask as he was almost past. Thats why he continued shooting.
Old 10-24-2006, 09:57 PM #158
MerrSonn

Quote:
Does it even matter how much BC shot? He was shooting without an arm band. I don't see how you could find him innocent here.
Old 10-24-2006, 10:00 PM #159
newenglandkilla
sieve!!sieve!!sieve!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by acn1
Explain where all the hits on sebban came from then when he came around the bunker?
ROFL he wasnt hit until after he shot BC (who was already elimanted, and shouldve recieved a penalty anyway).
Quote:
Originally Posted by MerrSonn
Does it even matter how much BC shot? He was shooting without an arm band. I don't see how you could find him innocent here.
no ****. that was dan perez's reason for giving dynasty the victory...even though anyone with two eyes and half a brain would realize scandal STILL had his armband and BC nor fraige had theirs.
Old 10-24-2006, 10:03 PM #160
wgp04cocker
GunWhoreClub#6

Quote:
Originally Posted by newenglandkilla
then please genious, tell me how sebban got hits on him? did joy do it as part of a conspiracy when the thousands of people who were there blinked all at the same time.

if im not mistaken wgp has sackridden dynasty forever.
Please enlighten me on how I've "sackridden" Dynasty forever.

I didn't know supporting your favorite team that you've been following for years was looked down upon nowadays.

To everyone else who feels it necessary to jump on me for trying to clarify what happened, keep in mind everyone sees what happened in a different way. I see it as the last two Joy players committing two different penalites, while others are seeing something different. No one is going to completely agree on what is happening, so going back on forth on what we thought we saw could go on until someone just decides its not worth it. I believe what I saw was correct, and I'm sure most of you feel the same way about what you saw. The fact remains the call was made, Dynasty was awarded the win. Proceed the arguing if you will, I probably won't be on much longer anyway.
Old 10-24-2006, 10:07 PM #161
newenglandkilla
sieve!!sieve!!sieve!!

what you "saw" differs from what 80% of other people "saw". buy some glasses, brosef. i do partially agree with you though...its done.

i sackride alot of teams, its not a bad thing :p
Old 10-24-2006, 10:10 PM #162
wgp04cocker
GunWhoreClub#6

Quote:
Originally Posted by newenglandkilla
what you "saw" differs from what 80% of other people "saw". buy some glasses, brosef. i do partially agree with you though...its done.

i sackride alot of teams, its not a bad thing :p
As far as continuing the arguing about who shot who, what was a penalty and what wasn't, I really don't feel like going on any longer. I have made countless posts supporting what I've seen, and there is always someone else who sees that thing in a different way. Its very irritating and I don't really have the patience for anymore time spent on this issue. I'd rather just leave it at rest. Not necessarily directing this towards you, just towards the other people who see me as an open target since I'm one of the few Dynasty supporters posting

I don't "sack ride" Dynasty, I openly support them
Old 10-24-2006, 10:12 PM #163
paulson35
West Side Flippy Cup 7-1

paulson35 plays in the USPL
paulson35 plays in the PSP
paulson35 is an NCPA player
paulson35 supports Pev's Paintball
paulson35 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
I am a paintball player that likes both teams and wish them equally luck at every event. I think that the call was a little harsh for harmful content. i mean yea he did shoot when he was out but i thought that the Joy player from teh can was clean as he ran down. I mean dynasty is a good team and so is Joy. I also agree that no one is gunna agree on this. I mean no matter what happens the cals cant be reversed. redone, or cancelled out. So i think that arguein over something so little to alot as big for others is a waste of your time. No matter what there will be a next year and there will be another match up of Dynasty vs Joy and then when something like that happens with the penalties again people will *****. Even if its a different team no matter what. I mean yea you can say that Joy should have won it. or Dynasty should have won it. Or that it was the refs fault and everything was a huge mistake. But all in all calls were made that needed to be made, people got punished for their wronfull doings and everything keeps going along fine in my life.
Old 10-24-2006, 11:46 PM #164
Lososaurus
All hail the hypno toad!

Looking at the PBstar video, it's good to see that Joy got to argue their side of the case [/sarcasm]
Old 10-24-2006, 11:53 PM #165
SiKoTiC
SnakeSide IsMyRestinPlace

The REFF Pulled BC'S ARMBAND! The Joy player then ran the tape line and LIT UP BRIAN. He overshot brian when his armband was off.

www.JL-Royal.com

Old 10-25-2006, 12:33 AM #166
capt.Perfect.Timing
lol

Can the poll creater add a yes/ no for people who are neutral for both teams?
Old 10-25-2006, 12:50 AM #167
Lososaurus
All hail the hypno toad!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiKoTiC
The REFF Pulled BC'S ARMBAND! The Joy player then ran the tape line and LIT UP BRIAN. He overshot brian when his armband was off.
BC sure wasn't acting like he was out, had his gun up and everything, plus, unless Sebban has X-Ray vision, I doubt he could see if BC had his armband pulled or not.

Not to mention Fraige not making an effort to leave the field -causing interference with the ongoing game, but also made physical contact with an opponent.

Overshooting a guy who has his gun up, who's armband you didn't see get pulled doesn't exactly sound like 'Malicious Intent' to me.
Old 10-25-2006, 01:33 AM #168
Jobberwocky

Jobberwocky supports DLX Technology
Kudos on the photo analysis icouldbeahero really makes it obvious, along with the lucky vid. Too bad for JOY

Its final and all that Dynasty gets the win, but before they dare think about a suspension for Joy, they should get this all sorted out...and even hold the Dynasty players accountable.

AF's physical contact and loitering and BC's shooting while dead seems much more worthy of disciplinary action...