Annual Supporting Member
PaintballerFourLife is a Supporting Member
PaintballerFourLife plays in the USPL
PaintballerFourLife plays in the PSP
PaintballerFourLife is an NCPA player
PaintballerFourLife plays in the APPA D3 division
PaintballerFourLife is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
PaintballerFourLife is Boss
Hmmmm, do 06 interceptor triggers fit in 05's? Which model alien has the greatest demands for aftermarket triggers? If possible I would like to only start off by making them for 1 model, but if the demand is high enough I wouldnt hesitate to do them for all 3.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-15-2006, 09:10 PM #44
Eternal Acacia
The Canyon Behind Her

Eternal Acacia is a Supporting Member
Remains
and the future don't exist

"Originally posted by XSVterror16 V.4: Alright, let me break this down for you. Subaru is a company with stars and a blue background in it's symbol. The national color of Australia is blue and their nights have lots of stars in the sky. Subaru uses bockster motors from Porches. Subaru is Australian and uses Porche motors in their cars. Understand?"
Old 10-15-2006, 09:21 PM #45
Exit Wounds
doesn't play paintball.

Of course you say Remains, you own one

Therefor I suggest the 05. Actually, that's a bad idea because only 200 were made... so I guess I'm sticking with my home-made one.
Old 10-15-2006, 10:16 PM #46
Eternal Acacia
The Canyon Behind Her

Of course I'm saying that because I own one silly. I want a new trigger. this thing shot so fast today, not gonna lie, but a cp slingblade style... just oh my, it'd be amazing.

"Originally posted by XSVterror16 V.4: Alright, let me break this down for you. Subaru is a company with stars and a blue background in it's symbol. The national color of Australia is blue and their nights have lots of stars in the sky. Subaru uses bockster motors from Porches. Subaru is Australian and uses Porche motors in their cars. Understand?"
Old 10-15-2006, 10:27 PM #47
Mind'sEye
Mad Money

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaintballerFourLife
Hmmmm, do 06 interceptor triggers fit in 05's? Which model alien has the greatest demands for aftermarket triggers? If possible I would like to only start off by making them for 1 model, but if the demand is high enough I wouldnt hesitate to do them for all 3.
06 triggers do not fit in 05's or many us 05 owners would have made the change to spring tension adjustabiltiy

If you're taking a long term business approach you should look to the future. The Interceptor line is being discontinued. That means that the future lies in the Remains and perhaps a new gun in the works. Email Jack and ask if the Remains trigger will be duplicated in his upcoming designs. Having said that, I believe the Interceptor will benefit from a new trigger more than the Remains will. So the question then becomes, do you focus on the 05 or the 06? That's were you need to do the marketing research before going into production. The safest way to go is to take paid pre-orders on say the 06 Interceptors and when those sales have run their course, do a pre-ordered run of 05's. Then move on to the Remains. Once you get the designs and tooling up for each model you can do them all on a pre-order basis. The key there is that if you do pre-orders you MUST concentrate on filling those orders as fast as you can or you'll have a lot of unhappy customers. Don't do it until you are ready to go into full production.
Old 10-15-2006, 10:28 PM #48
dyeboy

I played with my remians today, it shot fast as hell and with a cp trigger or something like that it would be amazing, I just wish we had some good paint to shoot cause it chronic and it shot horrible.
Old 10-15-2006, 11:12 PM #49
PaintballerFourLife
PB4LIndustries

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mind'sEye
06 triggers do not fit in 05's or many us 05 owners would have made the change to spring tension adjustabiltiy

If you're taking a long term business approach you should look to the future. The Interceptor line is being discontinued. That means that the future lies in the Remains and perhaps a new gun in the works. Email Jack and ask if the Remains trigger will be duplicated in his upcoming designs. Having said that, I believe the Interceptor will benefit from a new trigger more than the Remains will. So the question then becomes, do you focus on the 05 or the 06? That's were you need to do the marketing research before going into production. The safest way to go is to take paid pre-orders on say the 06 Interceptors and when those sales have run their course, do a pre-ordered run of 05's. Then move on to the Remains. Once you get the designs and tooling up for each model you can do them all on a pre-order basis. The key there is that if you do pre-orders you MUST concentrate on filling those orders as fast as you can or you'll have a lot of unhappy customers. Don't do it until you are ready to go into full production.
You make alot of good points . However, we WILL NOT be doing pre orders for sure, they just cause problems and they make people angry. I am thinking since it is more cost effective to make more triggers at one time, and since there are only a limited number of people with interceptors since they are being discontinued, it would be a better investment to make them for the remains, expecially if the future models used the same trigger platform. However, if there are quite a few interceptor owners that would commit to buying one, I think it would be worth it to make a batch. I just dont want to make a bunch of triggers only to have them sit on my shelf because the demand ran out.
Old 10-16-2006, 05:05 PM #50
Mind'sEye
Mad Money

Quote:
However, we WILL NOT be doing pre orders for sure, they just cause problems and they make people angry.

I just dont want to make a bunch of triggers only to have them sit on my shelf because the demand ran out.
Pre-orders don't neccessarily lead to a gang of angry people as long as you can get all the materials you need to produce easily and are willing make the huge commitment to cranking them out (according to order#) as fast as you can. If you're not doing pre-orders then first set your price point, assuming that you're in this to make it worth your while, and THEN find out how many committed customers you have.
Old 10-16-2006, 05:46 PM #51
ikey

has been a member for 10 years
ooooo no more ceptors? does this mean a new lower cost model or just remains? IMO that path could stop ppl with no money from buying aliens....or maybe there is something new in the works?
Old 10-16-2006, 06:06 PM #52
Eternal Acacia
The Canyon Behind Her

there is. something either of remains cost or higher, aparently, then most likely a mid range gun.

Old 10-16-2006, 06:07 PM #53
paintballkid4240

i would definetly buy one if you made them for an 05.
Old 10-16-2006, 07:02 PM #54
brcbianchi
my anger management tool

brcbianchi plays in the PSP
brcbianchi is an NCPA player
brcbianchi plays in the APPA D4 division
brcbianchi has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
brcbianchi has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
ill buy 5

iff u make them i will buy them the field i play at is a alien dealer and i would sell them and they would be gone in a day so i would so buy more if they sell fast
Old 10-16-2006, 09:29 PM #55
PaintballerFourLife
PB4LIndustries

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by brcbianchi
iff u make them i will buy them the field i play at is a alien dealer and i would sell them and they would be gone in a day so i would so buy more if they sell fast
Im assuming you mean for a remains? Anyone willing to send us a remains trigger?
Old 10-16-2006, 11:05 PM #56
Pardini
What Ever It Takes

There is NO market for Interceptor triggers. There are only a few hundred out there. Of those, a few will be happy with the stock trigger. Some may want a new trigger but can't afford it. Many may want a new trigger but won't be happy with that particular design and therefore wont buy it.

It would have to be redesigned, not just a different profile to be of any great advantage. I would doubt you would be able to sell more than a few dozen triggers.

The Remains is probaly the same situation.

Not knocking the guns or Alien. I have 2 05 Interceptors and love 'em, even like the triggers. They suit me well. I just don't see the profit motive in play here. The production numbers are too low. By the time the product hit the market the demand would be even less.
Old 10-16-2006, 11:16 PM #57
PaintballerFourLife
PB4LIndustries

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pardini
There is NO market for Interceptor triggers. There are only a few hundred out there. Of those, a few will be happy with the stock trigger. Some may want a new trigger but can't afford it. Many may want a new trigger but won't be happy with that particular design and therefore wont buy it.

It would have to be redesigned, not just a different profile to be of any great advantage. I would doubt you would be able to sell more than a few dozen triggers.

The Remains is probaly the same situation.

Not knocking the guns or Alien. I have 2 05 Interceptors and love 'em, even like the triggers. They suit me well. I just don't see the profit motive in play here. The production numbers are too low. By the time the product hit the market the demand would be even less.
It wont take long for the actual product to be made once we have a trigger to base our designs off of. I understand where you are coming from as far as the interceptors go, but we could easilly make a run of around 30 triggers and still be profitable. If the future versions of the remains use the same trigger platform I see no reason why making triggers for the remains would be a bad idea as we are not making these in enourmous quantities.
Old 10-17-2006, 05:30 AM #58
stearns
waste managment army

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pardini
if ya dont mind me asking, where did you get this information? you may not want to jump to conclusions

stearns

Last edited by stearns : 10-18-2006 at 05:28 AM.
Old 10-17-2006, 03:04 PM #59
Exit Wounds
doesn't play paintball.

Quote:
but we could easilly make a run of around 30 triggers and still be profitable.
I think you could sell at least 30. My brother and I will each buy one, and there are about 200 05s out there and I don't know how many 06s, and almost every owner I've spoken to says that they'd change the trigger if they could. Now, it may not be as profitable to split the marker between 05 and 06 styles, but if you could design a trigger that fits both that would be great for everyone. This m be done by starting with an 05 design and using external adjustments to adjust and converting the internal adjustments to change the spring tension.
Old 10-17-2006, 03:37 PM #60
brcbianchi
my anger management tool

brcbianchi plays in the PSP
brcbianchi is an NCPA player
brcbianchi plays in the APPA D4 division
brcbianchi has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
brcbianchi has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
intercepter!

no i will buy like 10 intercepter triggers were not all rich so we cant afford the remains. so contour make some ceptor triggers and i can gurantee i will end up buying alot
Old 10-17-2006, 08:15 PM #61
PaintballerFourLife
PB4LIndustries

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by brcbianchi
no i will buy like 10 intercepter triggers were not all rich so we cant afford the remains. so contour make some ceptor triggers and i can gurantee i will end up buying alot
Year?
Old 10-17-2006, 09:20 PM #62
Exit Wounds
doesn't play paintball.

I was talking about 05s.
Old 10-17-2006, 10:36 PM #63
ruschinrocket
Booyah Grandma. Booyah.

http://store.customproducts.us/index.cfm?fuseaction=catalog.prodInfo&productID=13 1&categoryID=25

Some people hate them but I like the slingblade style trigger so I say that one or

http://www.criticalpaintball.com/Cri...rpmiontrig.htm

I had the chance to try a Shocker with a critical trigger on it and just ripped it, felt realy nice.

Either of those 2 designs I would buy once I get my Interceptor in, '05 style. The stock trigger looks a little too much like the stock Shocker triggers and I'm not a big fan of those.