PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 10-08-2006, 10:03 PM #1
Maelstrom_Unleashed
say no to killer whales

North Korea Has Tested A Nuclear Device

I just heard over the radio that it seems North Korea has successfully tested a nuclear device. I haven't found any articles online, but I'm sure you'll see them popping up soon. South Korea and Japan are in a state of near panic. What do you think this means for global stability?
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-08-2006, 10:03 PM #2
Adema3412
Give me fiction

has been a member for 10 years
The **** is hitting the fan.
on economic subjects while remaining in this state of ignorance.
--Murray Rothbard
Old 10-08-2006, 10:04 PM #3
Overbear
#2 Anti Stim Club Member!

Overbear is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelstrom_Unleashed
I just heard over the radio that it seems North Korea has successfully tested a nuclear device. I haven't found any articles online, but I'm sure you'll see them popping up soon. South Korea and Japan are in a state of near panic. What do you think this means for global stability?
if its true, expect to see SK and japan throw up a blocade on NK and starve the people out.
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms . . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes . . . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man - Thomas Jefferson

A democracy is, two wolves and a sheep voting on dinner.
A republic is, two sheep and a wolf voting on dinner.
A constitutional republic is, voting on dinner is expressly forbidden and the sheep are armed.

Armed gays don't get bashed - www.pinkpistols.org

ssgaR: 'faith is the path of least resistance'."

Rapier7: Don't be a douche
Old 10-08-2006, 10:07 PM #4
scumquat1
My friends call me Scum.

Oh noes!!!!

Where's Reagan when we need him? "My fellow Americans, I'm pleased to tell you today that I've signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever. We begin bombing in five minutes." Change Russia to NK and we're good to go.

"Racism is a doctrine of, by and for brutes. It is a barnyard or stock-farm version of collectivism, appropriate to a mentality that differentiates between various breeds of animals, but not between animals and men." - Ayn Rand.
Old 10-08-2006, 10:09 PM #5
Left Foot First
and the Right will follow

Left Foot First is an NCPA player
Left Foot First plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelstrom_Unleashed
Wait... you mean NK actually has the intelligence and resources to successfully test this? Seems after North Korean soldiers crossed into SK, nothing would follow, right?

Gloss Red MacDev Droid
Old 10-08-2006, 10:10 PM #6
Bobeo
-Life Is Good-

Well, this is cause for concern.
Old 10-08-2006, 10:12 PM #7
ips8
Fear is your only god

im not worried. if they do anything like attack japan or SK they are royaly ****ed.
"The smart way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of acceptable opinion, but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - even encourage the more critical and dissident views. That gives people the sense that there's free thinking going on, while all the time the presuppositions of the system are being reinforced by the limits put on the range of the debate." Noam Chomsky
Old 10-08-2006, 10:12 PM #8
jjpulse91
teh hebrew hammer

jjpulse91 is a Supporting Member
I was reading about possibly testing last week in the paper, if they did americas screwed. Bush said that nk would face the consequences, aka anotha war.
ripping with the proto
18+ and rapidly climbing
Old 10-08-2006, 10:12 PM #9
Dye_Matrix4
"she said she was 18"

Were all going to die. This is not good.

Peace out *****es!
Old 10-08-2006, 10:13 PM #10
fornicate in the pie
This year will be good

fornicate in the pie is a Supporting Member
Turn on any news station(IE Fox news, CNN or any of those)

Honestly, nobody gives a crap about when you joined.
Old 10-08-2006, 10:14 PM #11
ips8
Fear is your only god

watching fox right now, like i said, im not worried. we arnt going to war unless they launch a miscile on another country, but almost every other country would come too, except russia they are behind this whole mess going on in the world today
"The smart way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of acceptable opinion, but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - even encourage the more critical and dissident views. That gives people the sense that there's free thinking going on, while all the time the presuppositions of the system are being reinforced by the limits put on the range of the debate." Noam Chomsky
Old 10-08-2006, 10:15 PM #12
fornicate in the pie
This year will be good

fornicate in the pie is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overbear
if its true, expect to see SK and japan throw up a blocade on NK and starve the people out.
And china!

Honestly, nobody gives a crap about when you joined.
Old 10-08-2006, 10:16 PM #13
Maelstrom_Unleashed
say no to killer whales

Quote:
Originally Posted by Left Foot First
Wait... you mean NK actually has the intelligence and resources to successfully test this? Seems after North Korean soldiers crossed into SK, nothing would follow, right?
I don't undertand the question.

I believe this will likely force Japan to develop its own nuclear arsenal. In addition, unless severe punitive action is taken against North Korea, I think this will embolden Iran in continuing with its own nuclear weapons program.
Old 10-08-2006, 10:22 PM #14
SecondRequiem
2k2'er at heart

I was just watching CNN and bam. Talking to some buddies about it on Vent.
Old 10-08-2006, 10:24 PM #15
[])anny
Better than Oliver Lang

If they get ICBMs, its a new cold war. This ***** is far crazier than Mahmoud Ahmedinejhad.
Old 10-08-2006, 10:27 PM #16
TPB_Bubbles
Veritas Vos Liberabit

I think America should just nuke NK first before they have the ability to strike back.

"Upstream, small redirectons of flow, downstream everything shifts."
Old 10-08-2006, 10:27 PM #17
scumquat1
My friends call me Scum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fornicate in the pie
Turn on any news station(IE Fox news, CNN or any of those)
You mean this is more important than the story about Instant Messages between a Republican congressman and a page?

"Racism is a doctrine of, by and for brutes. It is a barnyard or stock-farm version of collectivism, appropriate to a mentality that differentiates between various breeds of animals, but not between animals and men." - Ayn Rand.
Old 10-08-2006, 10:29 PM #18
citywokchinefoo
I am jesus

citywokchinefoo is a Supporting Member
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...LATE=DE FAULT
"Originally posted by N$$paintball: i once got a boner in public.......no survivors"
Old 10-08-2006, 10:29 PM #19
ips8
Fear is your only god

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPB_Bubbles
I think America should just nuke NK first before they have the ability to strike back.
except the rest of the world will get involved, and instead of a cold war NK will be destroyed
Old 10-08-2006, 10:30 PM #20
ips8
Fear is your only god

Quote:
Originally Posted by scumquat1
You mean this is more important than the story about Instant Messages between a Republican congressman and a page?
give cnn 10 minutes, they may even find a way to blame foley and the republican party for the problem with NK.
Old 10-08-2006, 10:31 PM #21
jasonlvandyke
JasonLVanDyke

I have a solution to this. We send in Navy SEALS or Army Delta or some people like that. They don't destroy North Korea's nukes or even disable them. Instead, the sabotage the nukes so that when North Korea tries to launch nuclear missles, they automatically turn around and retarget the source that launched them. Then, the next time NK tests a weapon or tries to launch a missle, they end up blowing themselves up (not knowing that their weapons were sabotaged). I'd sit back drinking beer and eating popcorn and get a six foot erection watching that. Then, just to spite them, we have the US Nuclear Regulatory Commission send a letter to the North Korean government reminding them that nuclear weapons can be dangerous and that they really ought to be more careful.