Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 10-09-2006, 10:19 PM #43
Dirtypaulie187
Team Nobility

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by GetBunkerD
REMEMBER EVERYONE. It is not a Refs job to CHECK SOMEONE. Many players ask for refs to check a player, and many refs may do so. BUT REFS ARE NOT OBLIGATED TO DO SO.

See the GPL Rules, it is stated in there. So there is NO ARGUEMENT.
10.05 Paint Checks.
Paint checks are performed by Referees for the purpose of determining if a paintball has broken on and marked a player. Paint checks are performed by a Referee when the Referee has observed a player taking shots, or when shots are directed into an area occupied by a player that the Referee cannot directly observe, when the physical location that a paintball may have broken on is not visible to the Referee, or when the Referee is directed to do so by another Referee.

(1) Player Requested Paint Checks. Referees may, but are not obligated to, perform a paint check after a player has requested one.

(2) Flag Carriers. No flag carrier will ever be stopped and declared neutral for the purposes of performing a paint check.

(3) Easily Verifiable. Players, who are hit in obvious locations, which are easily verifiable, by such players may not call for a paint check. Calling for a paint check under such circumstances constitutes continuing to play on. (See rule 19.03 (1).

I seen # 3 happen and no one for one.

Overall I had a great experience & had alot of fun. I just feel like refs should pay equal attention to both teams at least. Refs may not be obligated to do player requested paintchecks but they are obligated to check players they think may be hit, right? They are their as authority figures to do a job.

I'm a GPL Baller , Home Field , assassin wear & boost hoppers
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-09-2006, 10:25 PM #44
GetBunkerD
LurkerPB.com

Annual Supporting Member
GetBunkerD is a Supporting Member
GetBunkerD posts videos on PbNation
Refs do there jobs, as best they can. IF THEY MISS SOMETHING, SO BE IT.

If they miss a hit or miss a call, OH WELL.

Gabe - Director of Marketing & Promotions @ Lurker Paintball
www.LurkerPaintball.com
www.PBMechanix.com
Old 10-09-2006, 10:30 PM #45
Dirtypaulie187
Team Nobility

Quote:
Refs do there jobs, as best they can. IF THEY MISS SOMETHING, SO BE IT.

If they miss a hit or miss a call, OH WELL.
Exactly. Like I said overall I had a great experience & honestly thats all that counts.

I just wanted to add my 2 cents.

If it helps. I played on the APS & raven fields all day (sun).
I'll give you my comparison. 1st off for the most part I didn't witness alot of ref shifting.
Personally, IMHO the refs on the APS field were on their Job a little more sharper as opposed to the refs on the Raven field. Now thats my opinion.

My only real complaint is that I only played 2 fields all day. When their was 4. Other than that though some things may have been missed. I didn't get mad, yell or attempt to piss any ref off. I remained cool & calm & ate what I wouldn't have been able to change by pissing someone off. I would have ended up pissing myself off in the process & it would have been a total waste of energy.

Note: I started into this conversation late. Quoted, then replied to the 1st thing that i felt a need to add my pennies worth. I aint trying to rile up/ piss no one off., or flame the refs. I added my opinion and opinoions are like *******s everyone has one................lmao

To sum it all up. Thank you for reffing bruh. Its appreciated. I now know who you are & Gabe you did tha' dam thang. You were one of the sharp refs.

Last edited by Dirtypaulie187 : 10-09-2006 at 10:52 PM.
Old 10-09-2006, 10:54 PM #46
GetBunkerD
LurkerPB.com

Annual Supporting Member
Haha. Thanks.

www.LurkerPaintball.com
www.PBMechanix.com
Old 10-09-2006, 10:55 PM #47
Dirtypaulie187
Team Nobility

have to give credit where credit is due

Old 10-09-2006, 11:46 PM #48
BREAKTHROUGH
EAST COAST EMPIRE

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ryan1
good thing i didnt go.

why doesnt ECE play 7man anymore? just seems to me they are pretty much like sandbaggers because they are almost guarnteed victory. not *****ing, coz they do have talent, im just curious as to why they dont play 7 man
we dont play 7man because its not worth it. We had FREE paint for the one event we played this season and it was barely worth it. We are ranked D2 so we play D2. If you were at this event you would see that it was no cake walk. none of the events this year have been. It is always a close call. In this event it was down to literally the last match up between us and scrubs. whoever won that was going home with the guns. we were lucky/skilled enough to come out on top. 7man is the same ranking as 5man, and to be honest, the skill in 5man finals is way better than 99% of the 7man teams in finals. In my opinion...
Hybrid Guerrilla Air Planet Eclipse NXE
Virtue Paintball Action Village assassinwear.com
Old 10-09-2006, 11:51 PM #49
GetBunkerD
LurkerPB.com

Annual Supporting Member
Agreed

www.LurkerPaintball.com
www.PBMechanix.com
Old 10-10-2006, 12:02 AM #50
hunter23j

hunter23j plays in the PSP
hunter23j owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
hunter23j plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by naughtypb
O.K. first off I would like to thank all the teams who played on the x-ball field.
for treating myself and my staff with respect, you guys get what you give, I personnally wish everyone could win, but unfortunately that can't happen.
I take what I do on the field very seriuosly, I know what it costs to play, I know the hard work at practice, and I wouldn't want sh**** reffing either so I try MY best to give you guys what you deserve, FAIR and UNBIASED reffing,
in conclusion I want to say congrats to all who won, and thank you again for the compliments(and the slams). oh yeah my JOB is to make sure NOONE gets screwed and enforce the rules, when you play with honor you get hit and get out and noone gets screwed see how easy, hahaha. On my field the only thing I ask of the teams is to play straight up paintbal and to make it exciting!! thank you for your time!! Roger
Glad to see that you actually care man,( unlike some little kids that just want to look or act "agg") I played on your field and have no complaints.
Think before you act.
Thinking is the hardest thing there is, that's why so few people do it.

http://www.topgunpaintball.com/
Old 10-10-2006, 12:23 AM #51
GetBunkerD
LurkerPB.com

Annual Supporting Member
You sir, are completely WRONG. When I am on the field, I give it my 100 percent attention.

If I miss a call, or miss a hit, so be it. I can't fix what I miss.

REFS ARE HUMAN TOO.

www.LurkerPaintball.com
www.PBMechanix.com
Old 10-10-2006, 12:38 AM #52
impyboy
Drewzy

As i said in another post, the refs are gonna get blamed no matter what if a call didnt go a certain teams way. All i can speak for specifically is for 7 man, i thought you guys did a great job. Good Work.

-Andrew
Team Nasty
Old 10-10-2006, 06:49 AM #53
iLIKEfudge4u

has anyone failed to see that maybe (just maybe) that sometimes a ref calls a player by name because his name may be on the back of his jersey?

I saw quite a few teams out there with their names on the back of their jerseys.

Just an observation.
Old 10-10-2006, 06:50 AM #54
iLIKEfudge4u

Quote:
Originally Posted by BREAKTHROUGH
I think the implication your making deserves some rethinking and if any team in the finals feels that they were cheated by reffing during our game I would love to hear it. I have to add that when you have been around a few seasons and switch players as often as most teams do, youll realize the paintball community isnt that big and it becomes almost impossible for a ref or a player to go to a tourney as big as the gpl without bumping into old teammates or teams/friends they have been associated with in the past.
Just to add a few things, we have won at past gpl events this year and last year, Last year we placed every event in D3 xball and this year we have won d2 xball in chicago and placed 2nd in texas and MAO, did we have refs in our pocket there too? I think we have established our credibility and our consistancy.
Tommy
QFT
Old 10-10-2006, 08:42 AM #55
naughtyDogs>YOU
Who is the coon?

Quote:
You sir, are completely WRONG. When I am on the field, I give it my 100 percent attention.

If I miss a call, or miss a hit, so be it. I can't fix what I miss.

REFS ARE HUMAN TOO.
stop saying the same thing over and over again.
[size="4"][color="Blue"][font="Arial Black"][size="3"]
Old 10-10-2006, 10:58 AM #56
357 Productions
www.gisportz.com

357 Productions is a Supporting Member
357 Productions owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
I just want to take this moment to say that we do read the forums but I would like to remind everyone that we do have a Questionaire to fill out on our Website. By filling this out, we can get your opinions and make changes to the seires. Some of you have filled it out in that past and Brian has responded to many of your questions.

We are constantly trying to improve the GPL and we cant do it without your help.

Please take a few min to fill out our free questionaire. You may choose to submit it anonymously if you choose.
Old 10-10-2006, 01:07 PM #57
Gailon
FEP Sticky

Quote:
Originally Posted by naughtypb
Great stuff in here *snip*
Hey roger just wanted to say thanks for what you do! I had a great experience on the xball field. From what I saw you kept your refs up and working and got them to get up instead of lounging around. You were even running EARLY for a part of Sunday. Awesome. Some of the refs on your field talked to us kind of like people are saying, but we didn't even know any of them, just friendly chat usually just when we're waiting for the other team to get going.

Sure the slow pull chrono refs are frustrating, but that's how it's gotta be, adjust your gun accordingly (like I had do ) But over all, awesome time on the field you ran!
Old 10-10-2006, 01:44 PM #58
quayb
TMJ

i think the ref on the xball field did a wonderful job, I know a guy who tried to cheat all day sun but got caught each time and hes a pretty descent cheater lol good job refs
Old 10-10-2006, 02:00 PM #59
.AGG.
NEW NAME

Quote:
Originally Posted by quayb
i think the ref on the xball field did a wonderful job, I know a guy who tried to cheat all day sun but got caught each time and hes a pretty descent cheater lol good job refs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gailon
Hey roger just wanted to say thanks for what you do! I had a great experience on the xball field. From what I saw you kept your refs up and working and got them to get up instead of lounging around. You were even running EARLY for a part of Sunday. Awesome. Some of the refs on your field talked to us kind of like people are saying, but we didn't even know any of them, just friendly chat usually just when we're waiting for the other team to get going.

awesome time on the field you ran!

thats what I like to hear
Old 10-10-2006, 03:05 PM #60
MATTKBAN
Goa'n PSYcho Pballer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EgoSkillz08
yeah dude scrubs were pretty lame. but we beat them in the finals

cam i think i was parked next to you? we were ina blue escape.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cam454
Yea i think we were. I was in the black bmw.
Yoo!- yeah that was us 8) Delirious.
We beat thuh Scrubbles but took 5th overall ;( one place behind them too.
I dont have compaints for the refs - PS - Roger is thuh sh*t! I always enjoy playing on that field. You get the best. As for field layouts.. you can usually get screwed on Raven format.. big bunkers forces you to move sometimes...
on the Xball field - the lane blockers forced tight angles on you. was real fun to play tho.
I'd like to congrat the Pixies for makin it to finals - They held solid games against us twice. that one on one in the finals was shweet - but still I didn't have the drive to lose it and that .33 second flag hang - phew/ winded myself.. haha! Dont know if I'll be doing D2/3 3 man next event. 5 man is in the works.

Route4 P8NTBLR
Old 10-10-2006, 05:31 PM #61
liveandletdie

ok guys, seriously

shut up

stop *****ing about the refs

stop *****ing about scrubs cheating

your all just a bunch of sore losers

i went, i got spanked, i thought the refs did a good job,
just shut the hell up.
stop worrying about the refs getting better and work on your own god damn skill.

PBN Feedback
Old 10-10-2006, 06:08 PM #62
MisfitBigE144
PB God -26yrs N' Counting

Annual Supporting Member
MisfitBigE144 plays in the PSP
MisfitBigE144 donated to help Peyton Trent
MisfitBigE144 supports Bob Gurnsey
MisfitBigE144 plays in the APPA D4 division
MisfitBigE144 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
MisfitBigE144 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I would like to say, from my point of view, that this event went more smoothly that others in the past. I greatly appreciate everyone's promptness and only a few occasions did Erica have to threaten forfeiting anyone.

Kudos to you teams. Thanks for making this event a good one.

Also thanks to all my referees. I know it is a hard job out there...grueling in the sun. I hope to see many of you back for the finale.

-E
Ultimate Judge EPL-NORTH & MID ATLANTIC 2014 & SMP 3Man EPL Feeder Series - www.eplseries.com
Old 10-10-2006, 06:42 PM #63
cam454

Quote:
Originally Posted by liveandletdie
ok guys, seriously

shut up

stop *****ing about the refs

stop *****ing about scrubs cheating

your all just a bunch of sore losers

i went, i got spanked, i thought the refs did a good job,
just shut the hell up.
stop worrying about the refs getting better and work on your own god damn skill.
ummm... who let you in this thread?

I DONT HAVE A PROBLEM WITH ALL THE REFS. JUST THE FOUR LITTLE KIDS THAT COMPLETELY SUCKED. I guess im not allowed to have an opinion now. Ill tell you what, you tell me what im allowed to say from now on.

JOY DIVISION CLINIC @ ATLAS PAINTBALL
AtLaSPaInTbAlLPaRk.com

06 ANGEL GAT $650 OBO

Feedback