Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 10-09-2006, 12:49 PM #22
.AGG.
NEW NAME

Quote:
Originally Posted by cam454
There was about 4 horrible refs on the X-ball field. They were the little kids by the entrance area.

I was one of those "little kids" and I dont know how you think we were "horrible".
We didnt do anything horrible and we checked players whenever they neded to be checked... If anything those 4 "Little kids" were the best refs on the field. Besides Roger and Angie
Advertisement
Old 10-09-2006, 12:53 PM #23
Lilman2643

has been a member for 10 years
Lilman2643 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Im so glad that GPL players are all soo tough and enjoy *****ing about every little thing.. its not gonna change what happened
Old 10-09-2006, 12:58 PM #24
breakout17 (Banned)

yeah those little kids are good refs..im good friends with them and there there every event doing really good...so back the hell off
Old 10-09-2006, 01:03 PM #25
.AGG.
NEW NAME

uhmmm yeah .. you heard the man
Old 10-09-2006, 02:43 PM #26
cam454

Quote:
Originally Posted by .AGG.
I was one of those "little kids" and I dont know how you think we were "horrible".
We didnt do anything horrible and we checked players whenever they neded to be checked... If anything those 4 "Little kids" were the best refs on the field. Besides Roger and Angie
Yea you guys did a great job at checking people. OK. Of course you and your friends are gonna say you are the best refs on the field. You guys did a great job at checking people after they wiped, but at least you checked them right? Thats all that matters. Keep up the amazing work. I knew I was gonna have a hard day after what one of you "little kids" told me in the morning before the tourny even started. Anyway, keep up the great work.

JOY DIVISION CLINIC @ ATLAS PAINTBALL
AtLaSPaInTbAlLPaRk.com

06 ANGEL GAT $650 OBO

Feedback
Old 10-09-2006, 04:51 PM #27
BREAKTHROUGH
EAST COAST EMPIRE

Quote:
Originally Posted by bm27
werent some of the refs on ece strange
Are you asking because you dont know or are you suggesting that we get favoritism?

To answer your question, Yes one of the refs on the xball field. He was rostered with us all season except he went to another team for MAO.

Are you suggesting that we won that tourney because one of the refs that used to play with us reffed the xball field...a field that we didnt have one game on all day? He was asked to ref finals he turned it down and we told him not to ref finals because he has been on our roster this season, so he didnt...
I think the implication your making deserves some rethinking and if any team in the finals feels that they were cheated by reffing during our game I would love to hear it. I have to add that when you have been around a few seasons and switch players as often as most teams do, youll realize the paintball community isnt that big and it becomes almost impossible for a ref or a player to go to a tourney as big as the gpl without bumping into old teammates or teams/friends they have been associated with in the past.
Just to add a few things, we have won at past gpl events this year and last year, Last year we placed every event in D3 xball and this year we have won d2 xball in chicago and placed 2nd in texas and MAO, did we have refs in our pocket there too? I think we have established our credibility and our consistancy.
Tommy
Hybrid Guerrilla Air Planet Eclipse NXE
Virtue Paintball Action Village assassinwear.com

Last edited by BREAKTHROUGH : 10-09-2006 at 05:02 PM.
Old 10-09-2006, 06:56 PM #28
naughtyDogs>YOU
Who is the coon?

troof
[size="4"][color="Blue"][font="Arial Black"][size="3"]
Old 10-09-2006, 07:40 PM #29
ENVYpaintball

yea well this small kid i dont know who checked my team members gun for at least 10min and he was slowpulling at and he had to get another gun...and the ref slowpulled that one and got that to bounce...so he had to get an other one...which didnt bounce but he had to refill his hopper with a pod that he needed before he went out...o0o and when i asked a few of the refs to check someone they just stood there like they were retarded and i was like can u check him...thats ur job so please do it
Old 10-09-2006, 08:19 PM #30
GetBunkerD
LurkerPB.com

Annual Supporting Member
GetBunkerD is a Supporting Member
GetBunkerD posts videos on PbNation
Refs shouldn't have to check guns THAT EXCESSIVLY.

When I was chrono ref. I told players to turn on the guns and hand them to me, and NOT to take a shot.

Players hand me there gun, I take 4 shots, I press and hold the trigger checking for breakout modes. then I take the 3 shots for under 300 fps.

Then about 6-11 balls after that to check for ramp activation.

I caught 2 people with breakout modes, which will remain nameless. I made them OPEN the grip frame right in front of me and fix it.

When a ref takes that many shots, and does it repeatidly, (SP) be sure to tell the EVENT Ultimate Ref. That would be Big Eric.

Thanks.

Gabe - Director of Marketing & Promotions @ Lurker Paintball
www.LurkerPaintball.com
www.PBMechanix.com
Old 10-09-2006, 08:22 PM #31
GetBunkerD
LurkerPB.com

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by ENVYpaintball
and when i asked a few of the refs to check someone they just stood there like they were retarded and i was like can u check him...thats ur job so please do it
REMEMBER EVERYONE. It is not a Refs job to CHECK SOMEONE. Many players ask for refs to check a player, and many refs may do so. BUT REFS ARE NOT OBLIGATED TO DO SO.

See the GPL Rules, it is stated in there. So there is NO ARGUEMENT.

www.LurkerPaintball.com
www.PBMechanix.com
Old 10-09-2006, 08:48 PM #32
GSXRDAN214

Quote:
Originally Posted by breakout17
yeah those little kids are good refs..im good friends with them and there there every event doing really good...so back the hell off
Ok so tell me how this is good reffing.. First off, prior to any games, one of those refs and i were talking in the registration line. He asked what team i played for, and when i told him he proceeded to tell me how "he hates them, they are bad news," and that he would "get off that team ASAP." Thats nice .. good way to start my day off. . Then after finding out why he said this stuff it made it all clear.. He had a personal issue with one of our teammates which definatley affected their calls on the field towards us..

For example.. When we played I.C.K. we both wanted the near side. Instead of flipping(which by the way we did EVERY other game when 2 teams wanted the same side) the ref cut us off and delibirately told I.C.K to take the side they wanted. Instantly after this ref approached the other little ref and whispered something to him.. This may sound exxagerative, but i have proof from other teams then i do not even know..

Also, the kid on the chrono station.. He must have checked our guns for 5 minutes each TRYING to get them to bounce or ramp.. Every game i wound up stepping onto the field with less then a half of a hopper. ( no exageration)There is no need to check a gun with that many balls.. funny thing is, they checked our guns TWICE as hard as anyone elses.. Again i had another team who i have never met say to me " Damn, little homie is trying to get y'all in trouble..tell him to relax otherwise y'all aint going to have any balls leftl"

I can go on and on .. We got jerked out of finals by games that were poorly reffed, but as said this is not towards all refs.. You know EXACTLY who you are.. Regardless, like my teammate said, whats done is done. Just figured i would share with everyone our reasons for saying what we have...I play the game for fun, because i find it extremely fun.. i do not try to be or look "AGG" or tough, but it just makes the experience that much worse when you deal with stuff like this...There is absolutely no need to turn this into a huge argument, it is just our reasons..As my first GPL event, i hope the future events are handled alittle better..

Feedback - http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...2#post21191272
Old 10-09-2006, 08:58 PM #33
naughtypb

naughtypb plays in the PSP
naughtypb plays in the APPA D4 division
O.K. first off I would like to thank all the teams who played on the x-ball field.
for treating myself and my staff with respect, you guys get what you give, I personnally wish everyone could win, but unfortunately that can't happen.
I take what I do on the field very seriuosly, I know what it costs to play, I know the hard work at practice, and I wouldn't want sh**** reffing either so I try MY best to give you guys what you deserve, FAIR and UNBIASED reffing,
in conclusion I want to say congrats to all who won, and thank you again for the compliments(and the slams). oh yeah my JOB is to make sure NOONE gets screwed and enforce the rules, when you play with honor you get hit and get out and noone gets screwed see how easy, hahaha. On my field the only thing I ask of the teams is to play straight up paintbal and to make it exciting!! thank you for your time!! Roger
Old 10-09-2006, 09:06 PM #34
.AGG.
NEW NAME

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXRDAN214
Ok so tell me how this is good reffing.. First off, prior to any games, one of those refs and i were talking in the registration line. He asked what team i played for, and when i told him he proceeded to tell me how "he hates them, they are bad news," and that he would "get off that team ASAP." Thats nice .. good way to start my day off. . Then after finding out why he said this stuff it made it all clear.. He had a personal issue with one of our teammates which definatley affected their calls on the field towards us..

For example.. When we played I.C.K. we both wanted the near side. Instead of flipping(which by the way we did EVERY other game when 2 teams wanted the same side) the ref cut us off and delibirately told I.C.K to take the side they wanted. Instantly after this ref approached the other little ref and whispered something to him.. This may sound exxagerative, but i have proof from other teams then i do not even know..

Also, the kid on the chrono station.. He must have checked our guns for 5 minutes each TRYING to get them to bounce or ramp.. Every game i wound up stepping onto the field with less then a half of a hopper. ( no exageration)There is no need to check a gun with that many balls.. funny thing is, they checked our guns TWICE as hard as anyone elses.. Again i had another team who i have never met say to me " Damn, little homie is trying to get y'all in trouble..tell him to relax otherwise y'all aint going to have any balls leftl"

I can go on and on .. We got jerked out of finals by games that were poorly reffed, but as said this is not towards all refs.. You know EXACTLY who you are.. Regardless, like my teammate said, whats done is done. Just figured i would share with everyone our reasons for saying what we have...I play the game for fun, because i find it extremely fun.. i do not try to be or look "AGG" or tough, but it just makes the experience that much worse when you deal with stuff like this...There is absolutely no need to turn this into a huge argument, it is just our reasons..As my first GPL event, i hope the future events are handled alittle better..

What team are you on?
Old 10-09-2006, 09:20 PM #35
Dkepp™
OG

Dkepp™ plays in the USPL
Dkepp™ plays in the PSP
Dkepp™ owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Dkepp™ plays in the APPA D3 division
its just funny when a team comes on a field and the refs start talking to them and you can clearly see that they are friends and are routing for them etc. i cant say we got screwed or anything cause we didnt but gpl needs to start teaching their refs not to fratinize with the teams period, it just looks completely unprofessional.
Old 10-09-2006, 09:53 PM #36
naughtypb

naughtypb plays in the PSP
naughtypb plays in the APPA D4 division
Well I can only speak for myself, but i'm pretty much " friends" with EVERY TEAM that comes on my field, thats how come(hopefully) I get the respect that i do. You should all know this, I DON'T NEED THE MONEY!!!!! they pay me, I drive 3 sometimes 5 hours to the tourney so YOU guys can play and have good quality reffing(which i think you get ?) i am glad people vent on this board, it gives me a chance to criticize the reffs on my field so i know where we need work and who to bring to the next event and who not to. I understand the whole unproffessional thing and we will have that corrected by november, next year I am hoping to bring in some new guys, maybe some older people, they may have less experience but will better at understanding the concept of "A JOB" and not just a day hanging out watching paintball, like i said ,I take what i do VERY seriuosly and am trying improve the quality of the staff for your sake and mine. "making THE GPL better one call at a time!" thank you again ROGER x-ball field head judge for those of you who didn't know hahahahahahahhahah
Old 10-09-2006, 10:20 PM #37
ENVYpaintball

well i was with crims kidz and we talked to the reffs and we had no clue who they were cause we never went to GPL before and they didnt show any favoritetism toward us that i noticed but i know they are not obligated to check ppl but thats when ppl start cheating...am i right...but i know if i was reffing i would not show any favorietism toward any team and i would do my best to check ppl when i was asked but i think they could have been better but over all they did do an ok job
Old 10-09-2006, 10:39 PM #38
shatteredreality

shatteredreality is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dkepp™
its just funny when a team comes on a field and the refs start talking to them and you can clearly see that they are friends and are routing for them etc. i cant say we got screwed or anything cause we didnt but gpl needs to start teaching their refs not to fratinize with the teams period, it just looks completely unprofessional.
why is that? i talk to refs on the fields at PSP events

or at professional sporting events (hockey, basketball, etc) sometimes you see players talking to refs
Old 10-09-2006, 11:05 PM #39
Dirtypaulie187
Team Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by shokr24
how did people think the reffing was for 5man? imo some refs were being lazy with checks, not all of them, just some
The refs were on/ off good & bad. Some of them did seem like they were lazy. Dudes were playing on & I seen wiping like a mofo. Still no penalties were called. Seemed like refs were paying more attention to if my team was getting hit. It is what it is. Was my 1st GPL event & it will only get better. Like my team mate said "think of it as expensive practice".....................lmao.

I'm a GPL Baller , Home Field , assassin wear & boost hoppers
Old 10-09-2006, 11:07 PM #40
GetBunkerD
LurkerPB.com

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtypaulie187
The refs were on/ off good & bad. Some of them did seem like they were lazy. Dudes were playing on & I seen wiping like a mofo. Still no penalties were called. Seemed like refs were paying more attention to if my team was getting hit. It is what it is. Was my 1st GPL event & it will only get better. Like my team mate said "think of it as expensive practice".....................lmao.

REMEMBER EVERYONE. It is not a Refs job to CHECK SOMEONE. Many players ask for refs to check a player, and many refs may do so. BUT REFS ARE NOT OBLIGATED TO DO SO.

See the GPL Rules, it is stated in there. So there is NO ARGUEMENT.

www.LurkerPaintball.com
www.PBMechanix.com
Old 10-09-2006, 11:14 PM #41
teamINFEKT
rep yo ****

^ this is man is tired of your silly whining. so stop or he shall smacketh thee with his pimp hand.
Old 10-09-2006, 11:18 PM #42
1ryan1

good thing i didnt go.

why doesnt ECE play 7man anymore? just seems to me they are pretty much like sandbaggers because they are almost guarnteed victory. not *****ing, coz they do have talent, im just curious as to why they dont play 7 man