PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 10-07-2006, 10:13 AM #1
2k6Unleashed (Banned)

Two Wars, One Stone

This idea came to me lately,and while I have no idea how practical it is in real life application, it looks decent on paper.

Our enlistment for troops is declining, and the war is becoming more and more unpopular. Unless president Bush issues a draft, or keeps recalling soldiers who have already served, we will find ourselves out of troops or overstretched.

The second issue, of the idea I will present, is going to solve the war on Immigration in the mainland.

IDEA: We could allow those immigrants who wish to become United States Citizens, to "purchase" citizenship by enlisting in the military service stationed in Iraq for a term of 4 years.

tl;dr Let illegal mexicans in the army.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-07-2006, 10:18 AM #2
graysonp
Me = Awesome

has been a member for 10 years
That's actually a really interesting thought. Of course, there are tons of aspects that complicate this process, but it's an interesting idea nonetheless.

And we'd have 11 million troops lined up. We could go ahead and hit Iran next week...
Old 10-07-2006, 10:20 AM #3
caseytmev3 (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by graysonp
That's actually a really interesting thought.

And we'd have 11 million troops lined up. We could go ahead and hit Iran next week...

Hell, why not shoot all of our nukes and take out anyone that has ever disagreed with us while we are at it? Solve a couple problems.
Old 10-07-2006, 10:20 AM #4
AR55
conch shell warrior

AR55 is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2k6Unleashed
Our enlistment for troops is declining
Really? All I keep hearing is that the military always meets their recruitment requirements. Where have you heard this? I'd like to see an article or a press release to back this statement up.
Old 10-07-2006, 10:25 AM #5
ThePhoenix (Banned)

that used to be done before... well not the same, but yes done before

it used to be that all men had to serve im the military at the age of 18 for 4 years... but then education became a priority so that changed. But in Germany that is still actvice and many other European countries.

the problem that you have with your idea is that 90% or more wont speak english..... so we will spend most of the time training them and not having them fight our wars.

its a good idea but there are other means to achive what you are asking

for example to increase enlistment we have to not be fighting a war.... because most people dont enlist unless we are not fighting a war. So if the US made efforts to pull out wed have more people enlisting.

And witht he Illegal Aliens theres a many solutions that havent been tried...... like, making it easier to become a citizen, allowing more work programs that would bring imagrants across the boarder for work, and granting amnesty to those whole are already in the US... Also if Mexica and other Latin countries would have large scale public works projects (much like what the US did during the great depression) backed by the US and payed a good amount they would have no need to come to the US.
Old 10-07-2006, 10:25 AM #6
graysonp
Me = Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by caseytmev3
Hell, why not shoot all of our nukes and take out anyone that has ever disagreed with us while we are at it? Solve a couple problems.
Good plan. First Iraq and Iran. Then let's take out China so we can get our outsourced jobs back. And while we're at it, Castro's still running Cuba...
Old 10-07-2006, 10:27 AM #7
ThePhoenix (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by caseytmev3
welcome to america.... blow um up if there different.....

America burnning bridges and political relationships one war at a time.
Old 10-07-2006, 10:29 AM #8
ThePhoenix (Banned)

Quote:
Good plan. First Iraq and Iran. Then let's take out China so we can get our outsourced jobs back. And while we're at it, Castro's still running Cuba...
but i like Cuba....... my question is why do we still have an embargo on Cuba..... i mean its how many years later...

lets see why we did it... oh ya the russians put nukes pointed at florida in Cuba.... Cuba didnt do it however... So um ya maybe the embargo should be on Russia...
Old 10-07-2006, 11:31 AM #9
agentdowell
It is inevitable!

agentdowell is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhoenix
but i like Cuba....... my question is why do we still have an embargo on Cuba..... i mean its how many years later...

lets see why we did it... oh ya the russians put nukes pointed at florida in Cuba.... Cuba didnt do it however... So um ya maybe the embargo should be on Russia...
Not Russia, Soviet Union. Cuba is still communist.
"Only thing knowledge I have gained from this thread is that agentdowell is kicking everyones ***."
- tonysk83
"BYAHHHH!!! Agentdowell owns this thread now!"
- I love Impulses
Look past the flesh. Look through the soft gelatin of these dull cow eyes and see your enemy.
Old 10-07-2006, 12:14 PM #10
X_Paint
Once dead, now alive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2k6Unleashed
Our enlistment for troops is declining,
Sorry, but the stats from the military are a bit different from what you are assuming.

Quote:
The Department of Defense has announced its recruiting and retention statistics by the active and reserve components for the month of August. This marks the 15th consecutive month the active duty services have met or exceeded their goals.

Active duty recruiting. All services exceeded their recruiting goals in August. The Army recruited 10,492 out of a goal of 10,050 (104 percent). The Navy recruited 4,090 out of a goal of 4,090 (100 percent). The Marine Corps recruited 4,320 out of a goal of 4,053 (107 percent). The Air Force recruited 3,167
out of a goal of 3,156 (100 percent).

Active duty retention. All services are projected to meet their retention goals for the current fiscal year.
Old 10-07-2006, 12:28 PM #11
Ghostfire (Banned)

Quote:
You're the first person i've met that actually wants to work in a sweatshop. I applaud your courage.
Old 10-07-2006, 12:29 PM #12
m-a-r-k-7
Goutentag Hop Clop?

Its a good idea in theory, but if you can come into the country for nothing (like so many do) why risk your life for it?
-Kurt Vonnegut
Old 10-07-2006, 12:52 PM #13
ThePhoenix (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by agentdowell
Not Russia, Soviet Union. Cuba is still communist.
whats wrong with cuba being commies..... china is and we do more trade with that country than any other......
Old 10-07-2006, 02:42 PM #14
I love Impulses
Keep Calm and Booze On

I love Impulses is a Supporting Member
Quote:
whats wrong with cuba being commies..... china is and we do more trade with that country than any other......
Our biggest trading partner is Canada.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Old 10-07-2006, 02:59 PM #15
ThePhoenix (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by I love Impulses
Our biggest trading partner is Canada.
not for manufactured goods like plastics...... and electronics

hence why no tvs are made in the US anymore
Old 10-07-2006, 03:35 PM #16
I love Impulses
Keep Calm and Booze On

I love Impulses is a Supporting Member
Quote:
not for manufactured goods like plastics...... and electronics

hence why no tvs are made in the US anymore
Our biggest trading partner is Canada, boom you were wrong. I caught you.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Old 10-07-2006, 05:12 PM #17
ThePhoenix (Banned)

^^^ but not for manufactuerd goods and electronics....... and thats what i ment but i wasnt very specific in my first post
Old 10-07-2006, 06:50 PM #18
PaintBall[eR]
lawl

On paper it seems good, but if they are illegal, how will we get their name/address ? Also, how would they follow commands if they can't speak english well ?
•New England Hurricanes Support #203•
Old 10-07-2006, 06:54 PM #19
SynTek
Big Brother With a Smile

SynTek is a Supporting Member
I can personally attest to the fact that while the Army may be meeting their goals, they certainly aren't NEARLY at full strength. My company is operating around 40% authorized strength or some such nonsense.
Old 10-07-2006, 07:00 PM #20
caseytmev3 (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaintBall[eR]
On paper it seems good, but if they are illegal, how will we get their name/address ? Also, how would they follow commands if they can't speak english well ?

With holes that big, I don't really see how it even seems good on paper.
Old 10-07-2006, 07:19 PM #21
Swerve22

Quote:
Maybe could even get somebody to 'acidentally' drop a few in Kentucky, too.

www.gunfacts.info