Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 11-30-2006, 02:56 PM #43
DavidPTN

what did all of you do about the dwell what did you set it to out of the box i get mine friday and have practice saturday lol

http://www.myspace.com/crazycraneyo
Old 11-30-2006, 04:24 PM #44
StrangeBalla55
AIRBORNE SEAMEN

StrangeBalla55 donated to help Peyton Trent
StrangeBalla55 supports Sherwood Forest
read stickies...Delete your post.

DEEP SEA
Old 03-12-2007, 06:00 PM #45
ThatGuy86

ThatGuy86 is a Supporting Member
ThatGuy86 plays in the PSP
ThatGuy86 supports our troops
ThatGuy86 plays in the APPA D1 division
I realize this thread is several months old, but I just played with my brand new NXT Shocker for the first time on Sunday, and I couldn't be more impressed.

I've wanted an NXT ever since SP released them, but I never got around to owning one until now. The gun arrived at my house on Saturday at around 11 AM. I opened it, and I instantly fell in love with the gun. It looks better in person than in the pictures. I swapped out the stock on/off for a Hybrid Quarter Turn (personal preference) and aired it up. No leaks or any immediate problems. One thing I did worry about was the feedneck. I was unsure if my Reloader B would fit in the stock feedneck, and I didn't have time to buy a QLock before practice the next day. Sure enough, my loader fit perfectly in the feedneck and I don't think I need to change it anytime in the near future.

The trigger was nicer than I expected out of the box, though I may replace it with a CP trigger in the future (again, personal preference). I had heard I may need to adjust the dwell out of the box, but unfortunately I didn't get the chance to run any paint through it before practice on Sunday.

Sunday morning rolls around, and I show up at the field with the gun. Since I had a full day of XBall ahead of me, I wanted to get a Virtue board for the PSP ramping. My field's proshop didn't have any in stock at the moment, so I just put the gun on Rebound. I fill up my tank and head to the chrono. The gun was shooting around 320 out of the box, but after a couple of seconds I lowered it to the 280 range. I kept it at 280 because the velocity was jumping a bit and I didn't want it to spike too high. From what I saw, however, the gun was pretty consistent. After a bit of playing I'm sure the reg will break in and it will become even better.

I decide not to mess around with the dwell right away, seeing as the gun is chrono'd to the right velocity, and the gauge on the regulator says it's running at the correct pressure.

My teammates and I get ready to play, and we walk out onto the fields. At this point, the only time I've shot the gun was in the chrono and I'm itching to see the accuracy. I take off the barrel bag, turn the gun on, and pull the trigger. First shot rolls out of the barrel. The next shot is at full velocity, right where I had the gun pointed. The FSDO bothers me a bit, but it's not really a big deal. I made sure to turn the gun on and fire a few shots before every game to eliminate it as a problem.

One thing to point out about the FSDO - several times during the day I would shoot the initial shot and the ball wouldn't even come out of the barrel. I fired again, and both balls exploded spraying paint everywhere. The third shot was your normal crazy shot after a broken ball. By the fourth shot, however, the gun was shooting perfectly. The stock barrel cleaned itself better than I could have expected.

As far as accuracy, I was amazed. My Shocker was ball on ball accurate throughout the day. The gun is small and light, and feels great. It makes snapping extremely easy, and with the extension of the regulator it is easy to run and gun.

The true surprise of the day, however, is the efficiency. Despite the fact the NXT's come with HE bolts stock, I was expecting poor efficiency. I have been shooting Egos for nearly the past year, and I shot a DM6 with the tophat mod for a few weeks before getting this Shocker. I do have a 68/4500 tank, but I've been using a CP 48/4500 for a while now and it's a bit more comfortable to me. I figured I'd try out the CP for a bit, and if I found I needed to shoot more paint I'd switch over to the 68 later in the day. I ended up using the 48 all day with surprising results. The compressors at the field were only filling to 4000psi on Sunday. In one game, I ended up shooting a full hopper and 4 pods and still had more than 1000psi left. I can't wait to see what I can get after the gun breaks in.

In short, I couldn't be more happy with my NXT. It's light, it's comfortable, it's accurate, and it's more efficient than I thought it would be. The only real problem I encountered was a bit of FSDO, but I plan on putting an aftermarket board in (primarily for the firing modes) and messing around with the settings. I couldn't be happier with the money I spent, and I think I'll be holding onto this gun for a while.

A V A L A N C H E

RIP DAN DONLON
Old 04-25-2007, 02:46 PM #46
nastysfate88
THE ONE AND ONLY (CODY)

what about the new nasty nxt

NASTY SHOCKERS SFT & NXT/////// FST
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...ighlight=nasty
Old 04-25-2007, 02:49 PM #47
The Nuts
Drama

nxt