PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 10-02-2006, 04:28 PM #1
Dye Energy

Ion Questions/Problem

Hey, I got an ion at the beginning of summer and took it to the shop about 5 times to be relubed and cleaned and all that stuff over time after playing.. But I just played reball yesterday at a place that didn't have a pro shop and new little about Ion's.. So, I took my gun out and put everything on.. So, I went to the chrono and when I shot it it started great at 238, 240, 239, 238, 237 (this place plays at 240... SUPER LOW!). But, then I started to shoot 260, then 280, 300, 306, 305, and then 301.. So, then I turned my reg down (CP reg) and then started to shoot it again.. 260, 198, 250, 235, 120, 270... Finally, I got everything right but then my batteries died in the gun.. So, I replaced those, and replaced the batteries in my hopper, since it was feeding right.. So, I wnet back down and shot it AGAIN, and it came out as 238, 239, 240, 245, 230, 238, 239, 234.. So it was pretty consistent for being and Ion.. So I headed out onto the field.. The game started and I ran into my bunker.. I popped out and started to shoot, but as I did, the balles were literally falling out of my barrel... Every once in a while it would actually shoot on across the field.. So, after 40 shots, I said screw it and just walked out of the game and asked the ref if he knew what was wrong.. He didn't know. So, I sat out a game and tried to figure out what was wrong.. I went back to the chrono and started to shoot and this time the balls actually started to shoot out. But, then when I walked on the field and started to play, the balls fell out of the barrel. I tired another game and the same thing happened...

Does anyone have any clue what it wrong with my gun...? Oh, and I had him change my dwell, but had no clue to what.. Since I didn't have my manual. The gun still didn't work.. ANYONE KNOW WHAT'S WRONG WITH IT?? The guys, then after that said it was my detents, appearently
I had blown them away.. But, is that the problem?

I was shooting a stock bolt, J&J Ceramic and the reballs were sized up fine.. Blackheart board too.

Oh, and some really stupid questions.. Sure, call me a newb..
What is a/the dwell...?
How do you change it..?
How do the detents work and where do they go?
If, the gun's problem is the detents, what ones should I get..

Please reply, I need help as soon as possible.

Super interested in NXT Shocker!! PM me if you got one!
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-02-2006, 04:35 PM #2
Kolder
The Commish

Annual Supporting Member
Kolder is a Mega Moderator
Kolder is a Supporting Member
Kolder is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
Kolder is Immortal
I need some information from you before we figure out the problem.

- I need to know what the Input Pressure is reading on your gauge
- I need to know your dwell and rof settings

To find out what the setting is currently set to, you have to decrease the setting all the way down to the bottom and count the number of times the LED blinks. When it stops blinking, you've hit the bottom. Whatever number you counted was the current setting. Now you will have to increase it back up to your new amount.
Example: to find out what your dwell is set to, select solid red to decrease it. Hold the power button and count the number of times the yellow LED blinks. Once it stops blinking you've hit the bottom. If the LED blinks 50 times, then the last setting was 50 from the bottom. If it blinked 60 times, then the setting was at 60 from the bottom. etc.
Now select solid yellow so you can set the new dwell setting. Hold the power button and count the number of times the red LED blinks, and stop once you've reached your new desired setting. For instance if you count 40 blinks, the new setting will be 40. Pull the trigger and turn the gun off. The board is now all ready to go, when you turn it back on.

If this all checks out we can discuss detents.

██████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████
Old 10-02-2006, 04:40 PM #3
bridic
C.C.C.

bridic is a Supporting Member
bridic plays in the APPA beginner division
If you have bad detents then the reballs would just roll out with out firing the marker.

As Kolder stated, if you can provide some more details we will be able to help.
…whatever you do, do all to the glory of God - 1st Corinthians 10:31