PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 10-01-2006, 08:01 PM #1
MantisFactory

has been a member for 10 years
EXP Feedback

Ok lets hear some feedback about the exp,I want to hear the pros and the cons,I want to hear what you would like to see the exp have or do next year,I want feedback on everything........Reffing,facility,Field layouts,Scheduling,prizes,How can we make it grow,How can we make it better,So lets hear it the good ,bad and the ugly,Also I would like to thank all the teams that supported the exp this year and hope to see you next year,

jerry
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-02-2006, 05:37 AM #2
JTCarnes

JTCarnes is a Supporting Member
EDIT: ATTENTION MOJO PLAYERS:

I don't want to see a single other response to this thread that does not have to do directly with the EXP series. If I see ONE more thing from ONE more of my players on here egging these goons on, there WILL be consequences for you. We're better than that.

Original Post:

I think the last couple of events were pretty damn good. The reffing was pretty good (except that one guy who seemed to be sleeping at the 50 at the last event), the fields were nice, the venue was great, and the prizes were decent. I'd definitely like to see a better grade of paint given away if the paint prizes continue. I'd also like to see either more/better prizes OR a lower entry fee. It sucks to get first and not even come anywhere close to recouping your entry fee, let alone paint cost... And let's not even talk about second. I'd also definitely like to see more teams, but there's nothing to be done about that from your end, I don't think.

Overall, good series that seems to be heading in the right direction. Given the start of the series, I think it's in a pretty good place after the second season.

JT

Originally posted by crazzzy610: "same time shipping is for child molesters and scammers...who has more feedback?"

Last edited by JTCarnes : 10-02-2006 at 06:19 PM.
Old 10-02-2006, 07:19 AM #3
pbcrazy

The series was great and with any series you are going to have problems, but I feel that when a problem was addressed it was taken care of. I guess like JT just said, prizes could be a little better and getting them in a timely manner, I mean I really do not want a coupon and have to call to get my prizes...more of a headache than anything.

The reffing was awesome and always fair, I do not see any favortism like you do is some tournys, great location and it needs to stay at RMPC. Yes, a lower entry fee would be great, but I understand that there is cost in running a event. We just need more teams, but your hands a really tied with that....gotta have some good marketing, better communication (via website) to get those teams. I would love to see some Division I teams come back and play also.

Later,

Matt C.
Old 10-02-2006, 09:08 AM #4
pbwife

the comunication between EXP and players is horrible. getting updates and replies to questions is like pulling teeth even though this should be a #1`priority for the EXP. giving back cash or something a little less antique than impulses as prizes would nice. it's hard to justify playing when you can't even recoup your expenses after a 1st place finish. the events were ran fairly smooth, had good reffing and nice field layouts. Rocky Mount is a very nice facillity with good playing fields and a helpful staff.
Old 10-02-2006, 11:09 AM #5
shaneknott

tell you guys that seam to complain about prizes look at what other 1st and
2nd place prizes give at other large events look how long it
took cfoa to have a decent payout and that still does not cover it i think
the only problem is the question and answer with the people in charge of that
when you can only get a update 1 day before a event happens just a
thought, beside that you guys that want to complain go to another event or
even a national event and see how much you like that.
Old 10-02-2006, 11:59 AM #6
Bradley08

Well to start the EXP was all over great. Prizes where good, could be updated a little bit ( the impulses). The refing was fenominal from Mantis Factory that made it worth playing no matter anything else. The facility was good. A huge thing paintball players rely on it a website and that needs work.

GREAT SERIES!!!!

WORD
Old 10-02-2006, 12:53 PM #7
1Paintballmama
Mom to a U.S. Airman

1. Communication
Forums are not the professional way of communication. One has to dig through all the crap to get to the answer. Update the website weekly and don't let it go down. You guys know the pertinent information teams need for planning to attend an event. (days, cost, prizes, location, field layouts, ID's, just to name a few)

2. Location
Change the location. Having an event at one place all the time gets boring. The same teams show up. There is no variety.

3. Entry Fees
Lower them if nothing is going to change.
Old 10-02-2006, 01:59 PM #8
gvegasbiz

gvegasbiz plays in the APPA D5 division
I'll say this for the reffing: it was damn good. I say this because I've seen reffs at the NPPL and the PSP both do some of the crappiest jobs ever. I've even been watching the game when a team decided to show the reffs just how bad they were (orlando wc05) and mantis does a great job of excluding bias and making good & fair calls a priority.

later
Old 10-02-2006, 02:26 PM #9
Tntrm69
Blind bA Aggression

it was fun and funny how outbreak players tried to talk **** from behind the net in finals when they have prolly never made it to a final the whole season and mojo trien to talk **** for winning a couple games but its all good the reffing was great
Cabin Creek Paintball
Sandana USA

R.I.P. Michael Marine
Old 10-02-2006, 02:30 PM #10
OtacoK
hasbeen

OtacoK plays in the PSP
OtacoK plays in the APPA D3 division
Who won?
I heard bA pretty much had it in the bag goin into the last event. Just looking for conformation.

NK
Old 10-02-2006, 02:32 PM #11
Tntrm69
Blind bA Aggression

bA won the whole series but came in 3rd the last event
Cabin Creek Paintball
Sandana USA

R.I.P. Michael Marine
Old 10-02-2006, 02:56 PM #12
dougherty71790

How is talkin about Outbreak and Mojo considered input for the tournament? Just wondering. Mantis, you guys did an awesome job all season, thanks a lot for that! Pretty much the only area I see that could stand some changes is just like Shane was sayin....it's kinda irritating waiting to get info, and then gettin it a few hours before the tournament....I think my favorite thing is how Jerry always takes a poll to see which field they're gonna set up.
Old 10-02-2006, 03:01 PM #13
Tntrm69
Blind bA Aggression

dont cry it wasnt input thats why i left my input after i said what i had to say
Cabin Creek Paintball
Sandana USA

R.I.P. Michael Marine
Old 10-02-2006, 03:08 PM #14
bballa27920

the exp sohould have a yung gunz circet
Old 10-02-2006, 04:04 PM #15
BA-BEEJ

overall it was a good series... refs were awesome (even in events when we sucked) and it was nice to have teams like mojo to give us some challenge since there really aren't any good teams in our area to practice. i would like to see more events in other stated along the eastern u.s. even if it would just be a regional thing because it would draw more teams to the series. let's face it if i could have an entire series in my backyard all the time it would make things easier and just end up a local tourny which this was. but once again great job to all the guys from mantis, the staff, r.m.p.c., and all the teams that made this fun. we look forward to coming back next season.
Old 10-02-2006, 04:31 PM #16
M.O.B.
Carolina Kartel

1. Mantis as refs was great. In the two events we played, the refs were great.
2. Still having the last event with only 11 teams was good in order to increase the confidence in the series.
3. Using NPPL layouts is a huge plus.

Suggestions:

1. Put in the rules how many days the event will last if there are a certain amount of teams. This way we can plan ahead for hotel rooms instead of guessing the week of the tournament.
2. Update the website on a regular basis. It seemed to get better towards the end of the year. Having the website go down makes us lose confidence in the series.
3. If you going to have the series at only one field, lower the entry fee. We pay for the experience.
4. Don't make everyone bump up from rookie to novice. We only played two events this year. We would like to stay in D3.

We might be back next year!
Old 10-02-2006, 04:42 PM #17
bunkeru42
huh

Tntrm69- How are you gonna talk crap just because we destroyed you guys all day....
But exp was over all a good event Reffing was good as always and revalation+ darren and brendon play out of there heads good job revalation

PS
BA who?!
Old 10-02-2006, 04:47 PM #18
adamk
yo ho ho

dude BA is not so great. given that we missed the first event and that on the second one we took it as a joke and we still came in 3rd overall. we had more stands on the potium than yall did so waht the **** are you talkin about.

BA Who!?
Old 10-02-2006, 05:10 PM #19
flamingbatman

i have a suggestion for next year: better event atmosphere. I understand the difficulties in getting vendors to the event, but it'd be nice to see just a few more vendor tents. that'd probably be easier to get the vendors there if there were more teams, also a plus for event atmosphere. That comes through advertising the series, doing whatever necessary to increase the amount of teams; like offering better prizes, seeing exp ads in the pb magazines we read, and overall a much broader exposure.

Trauma Fan Club Member #646
T-Hump Fan Club #14

AUTHORITY
Old 10-02-2006, 05:31 PM #20
bAba113r

THIS IS JUST TO EVERYONE ON BAD MOJO......guys its ok that you didnt win theres no reason to cry you got beat by some nothern boys that just out play u all its not are fault you guys lick donkey dick and cant keep ur **** together and by the way bA BLACK mowed ur guys faces off every event so suck on that ***** cause u all know you all cant hang with us wnd the only reason in my opinion u guys did as good as you did is because of wats written on ur jerseys and where the events were held

SO ON THAT NOTE bA MUTHA FUKIN WHAT!!!
Old 10-02-2006, 05:39 PM #21
ba dave
513/812 Productions

It must be really hard to have someone come into your house, slap your dad in the face and have sweet, sweet monkey sex with your sister. Let us recognize what's what (and by what, I mean bA What):

1.) We came into your house and whooped that ***. It's ok to cry.
2.) We came into your house and snatched first place while you only got third. It's ok that you suck. We understand.
3.) We came into your house and went home with your hopes and dreams loaded in the back of our van. Your **** is weak.

Here's some education, free of charge. 2 and 1 is a winning record. 1 and 2 is losing. We won, you lost. Have fun thinking about that over the off season.

Enjoy you 7 nxe barrel condoms . . . you can bring 'em to the field that we won and show them off whenever. In fact, I think you should do a 3rd place victory lap aorund our new firld with your barrel condoms held high. I can feel the Mojo pride right now just thinking about it.

Lotsa love,
bA What

Seven Hearts One Beat

Last edited by ba dave : 10-02-2006 at 06:06 PM.