PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 09-29-2006, 04:33 PM #1
caveman787

how fast does co2 degrade an ion?

How long before aanti siphoned co2 would kill the ions internals?
Or is there a way you can make it so it doesnt?
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-29-2006, 04:35 PM #2
arbon

anti siphoned co2 will be fine you just wont b able to shoot fast
Old 09-29-2006, 04:36 PM #3
cmc_4747
Livestrong FTW

cmc_4747 donated to help Peyton Trent
Well Co2 w/ AS will still make your gun break after a while.

Old 09-29-2006, 05:56 PM #4
killercostom98

killercostom98 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmc_4747
Well Co2 w/ AS will still make your gun break after a while.
true. because it still has the possibility of freezeing ur ion

stick with compressed air.
Old 09-29-2006, 07:04 PM #5
caveman787

thats the thing, I cant always get compressed air. So I'm explore not spending tons of money on a super spyder.
Old 09-29-2006, 07:06 PM #6
spyderboy69

Just go buy a 3000psi Worr Games tank. There cheap and they do the job. =]
Old 09-29-2006, 07:10 PM #7
cmc_4747
Livestrong FTW

cmc_4747 donated to help Peyton Trent
You can always get a scuba tank and fill up your tank by your self.

Old 09-29-2006, 07:13 PM #8
aLienTeaBaGGer
DUCK DAMMIT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by caveman787
A/S COČ will shave a couple of months off the life of your o-rings (depending on how much you play). It wont harm or destroy the marker in any way shape or form unless you somehow end up getting some liquid COČ into the marker. Anytime I have used COČ I have ran it off my remote line.
Old 09-30-2006, 12:25 AM #9
Disarmer
Gig 'em

Disarmer helped look for balloons
Disarmer is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Disarmer has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Disarmer is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Im tired of this B/S about A/S C02 being horrible for your gun, and you can't shoot fast because you'll freeze up and stuff... Its not true.

The only way you'll ever freeze up with A/S is if your in weather below about 45ș F In which case you could start to freeze up. You'll be fine using A/S... It'll be a couple years before the A/S c02 even STARTS to do anything. I've used my gun on NON A/S for almost 5.5 months and it has caused NOTHING to go wrong...Not even freezing up

Of course HPA is better, but if you don't want to spend the $200 for a good tank, your going to be FINE with A/S.
Old 09-30-2006, 12:32 AM #10
geekyPBmaniac
~ASMC Member~

geekyPBmaniac helped look for balloons
geekyPBmaniac owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
geekyPBmaniac supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disarmer
Im tired of this B/S about A/S C02 being horrible for your gun, and you can't shoot fast because you'll freeze up and stuff... Its not true.

The only way you'll ever freeze up with A/S is if your in weather below about 45ș F In which case you could start to freeze up. You'll be fine using A/S... It'll be a couple years before the A/S c02 even STARTS to do anything. I've used my gun on NON A/S for almost 5.5 months and it has caused NOTHING to go wrong...Not even freezing up

Of course HPA is better, but if you don't want to spend the $200 for a good tank, your going to be FINE with A/S.
i give it 3 more months tops till u'll have to either replace your board, or rebuild the entire marker and everysingle oring will have to be replaced.

Even if u dont know it, the co2 will enter the gun (lique form) whenever the co2 is screwed on and the gun is tilting down (barrel pointing to the ground) this will destroy/freeze your internals for good. Avoid CO2 altogether and just buy a HPA tank. Lucky has introduced an HPA tank for $44 i believe (http://www.lucky-paintball.com) and the cost of that HPA tank is basically the cost for u to go balling one day, so basically drop the CO2 skip a day of balling, and buy an HPA tank. thats my 2cents for this thread
Old 09-30-2006, 12:36 AM #11
GuitarDrainer
I got me some bathin apes

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekyPBmaniac
i give it 3 more months tops till u'll have to either replace your board, or rebuild the entire marker and everysingle oring will have to be replaced.

Even if u dont know it, the co2 will enter the gun (lique form) whenever the co2 is screwed on and the gun is tilting down (barrel pointing to the ground) this will destroy/freeze your internals for good. Avoid CO2 altogether and just buy a HPA tank. Lucky has introduced an HPA tank for $44 i believe (http://www.lucky-paintball.com) and the cost of that HPA tank is basically the cost for u to go balling one day, so basically drop the CO2 skip a day of balling, and buy an HPA tank. thats my 2cents for this thread
exactly, and its www.buyluckypaintball.com
Old 09-30-2006, 01:55 AM #12
Vancity604
Totally Radical.

how many times do people need to be told. AS co2 is perfectly fine. it will wear out your o-rings a bit faster but other than that its fine. you will not freeze your gun. it will not ruin your noid.
their lives a mimicry,
their passions a quotation."
-Oscar Wilde
Old 09-30-2006, 02:38 AM #13
jasoncho92
+5 Feedback

Itll mess up your reg if you have an aftermarket thats actually good (ion reg sucks so it doesnt matter) its gonna screw it up after a while. But unless you shoot fast like 10+ bps then i doubt anything bad will happen unless its not AS

Piranha Ext G3 Pro//E-Force Frame//14" Teardrop Barrel//Boss Bolt//Boss Blade//High Flow Valve Pin//Macroline//Clear Halo B//48/3000 PSI Pure Energy Tank

My Feedback- http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...hreadid=984112

My Piranha- http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/2261/dscn30937et.jpg
Old 09-30-2006, 02:38 AM #14
Riiz
Doing it for mF'ing Falco

Anyone notice the OT posted that HPA is hard to get refilled, so pls stop posting that they are cheap, and buying a scuba system is expensive and hard to get filled if your not scuba certified.

A/S Co2 or a remote system w/ regular Co2 tank will work perfectly well, you just might have to replace o-rings faster because that gas is alot cooler than HPA. But one thing is Co2 is dirty/oily, so just make sure to do regular maintenance and inspect/clean your noid often too.

P.S. Also Palmers' sells regulators that can handle Co2 all day long.
Old 09-30-2006, 02:54 AM #15
Eternal Design
Yoda1061 - June05

Quote:
Originally Posted by caveman787
sticky plz...
It will harm it over time from short spurts a liquid getting in it even though it is a/s

Feedback +12/-0
B/S/T Thread
Old 09-30-2006, 07:44 AM #16
Torvik
Jon Torvik

Torvik is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitarDrainer
exactly, and its www.buyluckypaintball.com
Geeky know's what he is talkign about.. It's the same site. But not everyone in here is from America. So going to lucky-paintball.com gives them the chance to check through the european stores instead of the American Stores.
Old 09-30-2006, 08:24 AM #17
Kolder
The Commish

Annual Supporting Member
Kolder is a Mega Moderator
Kolder is a Supporting Member
Kolder is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
Kolder is Immortal
If you must use CO2 definently make sure it is A/S. I would also look into buying a palmer's regulator. They are undoubtly the best when it coems to CO2.

██████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████
Old 09-30-2006, 08:45 AM #18
aLienTeaBaGGer
DUCK DAMMIT!!!

Once and for all.
An A/S equipped COČ system can be used on your Ion. One players A/S COČ bottle will not necessarily work well with another players Ion since the siphon has to be matched to the marker.

Provided that the marker is help pretty much upright, then there is very little chance that any liquid COČ will enter the marker. BUT since many players jostle and tilt their markers during the game then there exists the possibility of getting liquid COČ into you marker thus damaging it. A correctly setup remote line will eliminate all chances of liqiud COČ entering your marker. Remote systems are far cheaper than HPA systems.
Old 09-30-2006, 08:45 AM #19
livin2sk805
Without ME its just AWESO

I have a rule when i use my Ion (this is because c02 isent really avaible to me)
1) must use my remote with tank in pack pointing up
2) must be over 65 outside. as Ive seen other wise some c02 starts getting in the gun

I was wondering what if I took the remote line and put it in place of the micro, would it acheve the same thing. but of coarse then the tank wont be pointing up. Im talking acuty on the gun
Old 09-30-2006, 11:14 AM #20
Disarmer
Gig 'em

Disarmer helped look for balloons
Disarmer is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Disarmer has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Disarmer is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by livin2sk805
I have a rule when i use my Ion (this is because c02 isent really avaible to me)
1) must use my remote with tank in pack pointing up
2) must be over 65 outside. as Ive seen other wise some c02 starts getting in the gun

I was wondering what if I took the remote line and put it in place of the micro, would it acheve the same thing. but of coarse then the tank wont be pointing up. Im talking acuty on the gun

It would not acheive the same effect. The reason a remote line works is because its long, giving the c02 time to expand before it even gets to the reg.
Old 09-30-2006, 12:18 PM #21
caveman787

Ok this is turning into a great debate but i would like to see some testing that would prove what is the truth. Kolder you could do it couldn't ya? After all youve tested quite a fewthings so far and seem to have lots of funds.
Closed Thread