Jesus Camp - HOLY ****! - Page 4 - PbNation
Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

 
Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 10-01-2006, 01:05 PM #64
مرتكب جريمة
This will kill the human.
 
مرتكب جريمة's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostfire
I'd like to hear x_paints thoughts on this.
Chances are, you never will.
__________________
***Note: No, I obviously didn't die. Stop PMing me. You know who you guys are.***

لا إله إلا الله محمد رسول الله
In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful. I swear by the early hours of the day, and the night when it covers with darkness. Your Lord has not forsaken you, nor has he become displeased, and surely what comes after is better for you than that which has gone before.

مرتكب جريمة is offline  
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-01-2006, 01:14 PM #65
jcon217
 
 
jcon217's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: htown
Quote:
Jean Grey and Cyclops dying in X-Men 3? Bush's fault.
For some reason that made me laugh

Quote:
Chances are, you never will.
He doesn't have to say something in every religion thread. If you really want to know what he thinks ask him in the ask a pastor thread I'm sure he will answer you.
jcon217 is offline  
Old 10-01-2006, 05:21 PM #66
Hero
Stashy Pow Brah
 
Hero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Macomb, IL
Hero is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Hero plays in the PSP
Hero plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by MurderDeathKill
Further evidence in support of the scientific theory that *everything* negative in America will be attributed to George Bush at some point. Hurricane Katrina? Bush's fault. OPEC Price spike? Bush's fault. Jean Grey and Cyclops dying in X-Men 3? Bush's fault.
Ok I'm not some nut claiming Bush caused katrina...But come on that guy drug his balls getting any help down there. Plus lets not talk about the man HE put in charge of FEMA...Whose job before head of FEMA was something to do with Arabian horses.
Finally...Bush DID kill jean and scott in X-men3 because they indeed did "mess with texas"
Hero is offline  
Old 10-01-2006, 05:44 PM #67
peepers471
(>^_^)>
 
peepers471's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: 315
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dread Pirate
Morality is what the society as a whole defines it as through enforcement of sactions, laws and incentives. For instance, I do not think it is immoral to have sex outside of marriage as long as both parties consent, know the risks, take proper precautions and have the resources to deal with any unintended results (e.g. I could support a kid). In my scenario, nobody is harmed and both parties walk away from the transaction satisfied. Others believe that practice is immoral (obviously) but fail to give a valid reason other than the fact "someone else said so" (see "Appeal to Authority" logical fallacy).
to may big words, my butt hurts
__________________
Old feedback. 9+/0-
peepers471 is offline  
Old 10-01-2006, 11:09 PM #68
agentdowell
It is inevitable!
 
agentdowell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: The Matrix
agentdowell is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by peepers471
to may big words, my butt hurts
Dictionary.com Don't come back until you have a moderate understanding of the written word.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hero
Ok I'm not some nut claiming Bush caused katrina...But come on that guy drug his balls getting any help down there. Plus lets not talk about the man HE put in charge of FEMA...Whose job before head of FEMA was something to do with Arabian horses.
Finally...Bush DID kill jean and scott in X-men3 because they indeed did "mess with texas"
G'dubs did not CAUSE a hurricane, merely suggesting fault is stupid. This thread is certainly not about Katrina in any way, shape or form.

And Phoenix killed Scott. He was a douche anyway. My man Logan shived Jean. I don't know how G'dubs falls in to this?
__________________
Turbulance Nexus Dcut------------------------www.wearecdr.com
"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."
- Galileo Galilei
"Only thing knowledge I have gained from this thread is that agentdowell is kicking everyones ***."
- tonysk83
"BYAHHHH!!! Agentdowell owns this thread now!"
- I love Impulses
Look past the flesh. Look through the soft gelatin of these dull cow eyes and see your enemy.
agentdowell is offline  
Old 10-01-2006, 11:13 PM #69
Hero
Stashy Pow Brah
 
Hero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Macomb, IL
Hero is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Hero plays in the PSP
Hero plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by agentdowell
G'dubs did not CAUSE a hurricane, merely suggesting fault is stupid. This thread is certainly not about Katrina in any way, shape or form.
And Phoenix killed Scott. He was a douche anyway. My man Logan shived Jean. I don't know how G'dubs falls in to this?
Thanx for restating what I was saying.
And The whole X-men thing was a joke...
Hero is offline  
Old 10-01-2006, 11:25 PM #70
agentdowell
It is inevitable!
 
agentdowell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: The Matrix
agentdowell is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hero
Thanx for restating what I was saying.
And The whole X-men thing was a joke...
NO YOU WERE SERIOUS!!! ARrrrrrrrrrrrr-guh.
__________________
Turbulance Nexus Dcut------------------------www.wearecdr.com
"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."
- Galileo Galilei
"Only thing knowledge I have gained from this thread is that agentdowell is kicking everyones ***."
- tonysk83
"BYAHHHH!!! Agentdowell owns this thread now!"
- I love Impulses
Look past the flesh. Look through the soft gelatin of these dull cow eyes and see your enemy.
agentdowell is offline  
Old 10-01-2006, 11:45 PM #71
Hero
Stashy Pow Brah
 
Hero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Macomb, IL
Hero is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Hero plays in the PSP
Hero plays in the APPA D3 division
I was...So there.
Hero is offline  
Old 10-02-2006, 10:21 AM #72
xXthriceXegoXx
 
 
xXthriceXegoXx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Temecula, Ca - UCIrvine
 has been a member for 10 years
i thought a few things when i saw this:

Christian Jihad
Propaganda
Brainwashing
Illogical
Stupid

I am a catholic christian, but I don't agree with this at all, this is plain stupid. For instance, they show these kids preaching "O i was saved at the age of 5" WTF? No my *** you were, you dont even know what your doing in life until your at least 18, how in the hell can you say that? Then they show the kids at the end vibrating on the ground like they are posessed. This made me chuckle, but then I realized these kids are really getting brainwashed good, and its sickening. If anything this generation of youth wont be bringing Jesus back, it will be bringing widespread christian fundamentalism. Seems to me that these redneck homegrown christians are trying to create a farm system for a christian jihad in order to fight the islamic jihad. I swear where are these people? And why is Apple endorsing them?!
xXthriceXegoXx is offline  
Old 10-02-2006, 11:44 AM #73
Swerve22
 
 
Swerve22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Concord NH
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXthriceXegoXx
i thought a few things when i saw this:

Christian Jihad
Propaganda
Brainwashing
Illogical
Stupid

I am a catholic christian, but I don't agree with this at all, this is plain stupid. For instance, they show these kids preaching "O i was saved at the age of 5" WTF? No my *** you were, you dont even know what your doing in life until your at least 18, how in the hell can you say that? Then they show the kids at the end vibrating on the ground like they are posessed. This made me chuckle, but then I realized these kids are really getting brainwashed good, and its sickening. If anything this generation of youth wont be bringing Jesus back, it will be bringing widespread christian fundamentalism. Seems to me that these redneck homegrown christians are trying to create a farm system for a christian jihad in order to fight the islamic jihad. I swear where are these people? And why is Apple endorsing them?!
Here is a few things I though while reading your post.

Propaganda
Brainwashing
Illogical
Stupid

Who cares that some little kids are getting taught to love Jesus? Nobodies teaching them to kill anybody, or even promote violence in any way shape or form.
__________________
Butthurt Conservative.

www.gunfacts.info
Swerve22 is offline  
Old 10-02-2006, 11:47 AM #74
Ford
☻♦♣b
 
Ford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Austin 49
Ford is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
what if the same people who tell these children to love jesus with all their heart tell them that there are people out there that hate jesus, and are possessed by the devil?

or are part of a whoredom of a church and will persecute the forever minority of true believers? Do you not think then that these children are being influenced in their beliefs about others without actually having any experience with said people?

of course you're mormon so maybe i'm just preaching to the choir
__________________
"Originally posted by Bronk0
Everyone put something in your sig about it...

like PORN THREAD 10/24/04: I was there.
"
Ford is offline  
Old 10-02-2006, 11:58 AM #75
Swerve22
 
 
Swerve22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Concord NH
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford
what if the same people who tell these children to love jesus with all their heart tell them that there are people out there that hate jesus, and are possessed by the devil?
Then I would obviously be against it, but nobodies telling them than, and it's rude to put words in other peoples mouths.
Quote:
or are part of a whoredom of a church and will persecute the forever minority of true believers? Do you not think then that these children are being influenced in their beliefs about others without actually having any experience with said people?
I'll watch the whole video when it comes out, but I didn't see anybody telling them what to believe about others in the video. I'm not saying it doesn't happen, but I didn't see it in the video. Also, people have set beliefs about christians, muslims, buddists, jews, mormons, atheists, etc. that they hear from family and friends on the street as well. It's pretty much impossible to destroy a stereotype without quenching freedom of speech. The only thing you can do is live your life in a way that those who come in contact with you learn the truth about you.
Quote:
of course you're mormon so maybe i'm just preaching to the choir
Actually, I went to a Church Convention just yesterday and outside there was "christian" activists holding signs that read "Mormons go to hell", "President Hinkley (our church leader) hijacked the Christian Faith", "mormons must repent or perish", etc etc. The teachers in that video would probably call me a "son of perdition" for being a mormon", so I don't go lumping everybody that believes in Christ into the same group.

Christians don't consider mormons to be "christian", and therefore I have just as much to fear as the buddist, muslim, and atheist. Only thing is, I'm not afraid.
__________________
Butthurt Conservative.

www.gunfacts.info
Swerve22 is offline  
Old 10-02-2006, 12:02 PM #76
Ford
☻♦♣b
 
Ford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Austin 49
Ford is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swerve22
The teachers in that video would probably call me a "son of perdition" for being a mormon", so I don't go lumping everybody that believes in Christ into the same group.

Christians don't consider mormons to be "christian", and therefore I have just as much to fear as the buddist, muslim, and atheist. Only thing is, I'm not afraid.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford
or are part of a whoredom of a church and will persecute the forever minority of true believers? Do you not think then that these children are being influenced in their beliefs about others without actually having any experience with said people?
christians is a wonderfully broad term

I dont see how you can have an understanding of what it is like to be wrongly persecuted and yet still so casually infer the same allegations I am to you on people like wisso about the muslim faith
__________________
"Originally posted by Bronk0
Everyone put something in your sig about it...

like PORN THREAD 10/24/04: I was there.
"
Ford is offline  
Old 10-02-2006, 12:08 PM #77
Swerve22
 
 
Swerve22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Concord NH
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford
I dont see how you can have an understanding of what it is like to be wrongly persecuted and yet still so casually infer the same allegations I am to you on people like wisso about the muslim faith
I fully respect the members of the muslim faith as well as their religion. My only problem are the ones that are marching in the streets declaring "off with his head" to various world leaders. I am sad that extremist leaders need to use religion as an excuse to accomplish their own political goals, and wish more mainstream muslims would speak out and diminish their power on a global scale.
__________________
Butthurt Conservative.

www.gunfacts.info
Swerve22 is offline  
Old 10-02-2006, 02:11 PM #78
Hero
Stashy Pow Brah
 
Hero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Macomb, IL
Hero is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Hero plays in the PSP
Hero plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swerve22
I am sad that extremist leaders need to use religion as an excuse to accomplish their own political goals, and wish more mainstream muslims would speak out and diminish their power on a global scale.
oh man....Really?

Come on Muslims aren't the Raging Killers your making them out to be. Granted that their are "extremists" but those are found in every religion. This lady for example, is an obvious christian extremist.
And your also saying that Muslims need to have their "power diminished on a global scale".
Hero is offline  
Old 10-02-2006, 03:00 PM #79
mjhall2003
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
 has been a member for 10 years
there are extremists in every group of people catholicism, protestantism, Islam, Democrats, Republicans, atheists, ect. but what is important is to not over generalize an entire population based on the action of a view extremists. Just because you do not subscribe to some religious ideology does not mean your "belief system" is without extremists. if you are a Naturalist what i would say most people in the political forum believe you have Nihilism and Atheistic Existentialism to worry about. So sure we can all look at these people, and other like them and realize how crazy they are, but just dont go and generalize an entire group based on one persons convictions,
mjhall2003 is offline  
Old 10-02-2006, 05:47 PM #80
xXthriceXegoXx
 
 
xXthriceXegoXx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Temecula, Ca - UCIrvine
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swerve22
Here is a few things I though while reading your post.

Propaganda
Brainwashing
Illogical
Stupid

Who cares that some little kids are getting taught to love Jesus? Nobodies teaching them to kill anybody, or even promote violence in any way shape or form.
you have to admit that what they are doing is indeed brainwashing. and IMO, you don't get taught to love something, you love it because its what you believe in, and these kids are being forced to believe in the religion, not offered. These kids are brainwashed because they dont know what it is they love, they haven't been "saved" because they for the most part probably cannot comprehend what it is to be "saved" by a religion. I mean come on they show kids crying, normal kids do not do that over a something as complex as religion.

Evidently my sarcasm about the jihad rubbed you the wrong way, but it did seem like she was implying thier kids to fight for their religion, as if it had so many obsticals. And I do believe that she said something about kids in the middle east being brainwashed to hate or something to that effect, but I found it quite ironic that she is doing the same, just for a cause that she thinks is just. And who knows, perhaps generations of this brainwashing will indeed result in radical christians.
Edit: o yeah and also, there are a few quotes you could take from that trailer that imply they could become violent, or could be teaching violence to the children. For instance "would you die for jesus". Yes I agree that is an innocent statement if you look at it as love, but once she says "this means war, are you a part of it or not" that could imply dying for jesus in another way. Also a kid talks about how he is being trained to fight in jesus' army, yeah that doesn't sound right to me. Last time I checked being a part of a religion wasn't about being a part of an army fighting, it was about respecting others and learning to respect their opinion.

On antother note, I think that it is impossible to truely determine not only your religious believes, but your life's philosophy as a whole until you are a very experienced person in life. It's people like those who run these camps that make me wish there was no religion.

Last edited by xXthriceXegoXx : 10-02-2006 at 05:59 PM.
xXthriceXegoXx is offline  
Old 10-02-2006, 10:42 PM #81
Swerve22
 
 
Swerve22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Concord NH
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hero
oh man....Really?
yes, really.
Quote:
Come on Muslims aren't the Raging Killers your making them out to be.
No they aren't. Muslim extremists however are, and thats who I'm talking about. Get your facts straight before you come to a debate, kid.
Quote:
Granted that their are "extremists" but those are found in every religion. This lady for example, is an obvious christian extremist.
She's not calling for anybodies death? Does firmly believing in your religion make you an extremist? Why do you not use examples of religious motivated terrorism that kills civilians as examples of extremism and yet choose to use a christian teacher teaching kids to join the "army of god" which is obviously symbolic. You may have heard of this thing called symbolism before, it's when something is not to be taken in it's literal sense, but rather figuratively. For example when Christ says to "take up his cross", he's not actually talking about picking up a cross.
Quote:
And your also saying that Muslims need to have their "power diminished on a global scale".
No, you took one line out of my sentence and put it out of context to manipulate my words. The full quote is this:
Quote:
I am sad that extremist leaders need to use religion as an excuse to accomplish their own political goals, and wish more mainstream muslims would speak out and diminish their power on a global scale.
Just connect the bold dots, it should be simple enough for you. Now if you're not for having the power of extremist islamic leaders diminished, then you deserve what you get when you are forced to convert at the point of the sword (Thats also symbolism, it will probably be the barrel of an ak-47).
__________________
Butthurt Conservative.

www.gunfacts.info
Swerve22 is offline  
Old 10-02-2006, 10:53 PM #82
Swerve22
 
 
Swerve22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Concord NH
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXthriceXegoXx
you have to admit that what they are doing is indeed brainwashing. and IMO, you don't get taught to love something, you love it because its what you believe in, and these kids are being forced to believe in the religion, not offered. These kids are brainwashed because they dont know what it is they love, they haven't been "saved" because they for the most part probably cannot comprehend what it is to be "saved" by a religion. I mean come on they show kids crying, normal kids do not do that over a something as complex as religion.
I agree that they're too young to understand at such a young age, it's obvious. As people grow the ones that really believe will be sifted from the others. We live in far too diverse of a society for grade school "brainwashing" to actually mean anything to a mid 20 year old.
Quote:
Evidently my sarcasm about the jihad rubbed you the wrong way, but it did seem like she was implying thier kids to fight for their religion, as if it had so many obsticals. And I do believe that she said something about kids in the middle east being brainwashed to hate or something to that effect, but I found it quite ironic that she is doing the same, just for a cause that she thinks is just. And who knows, perhaps generations of this brainwashing will indeed result in radical christians.
As I just painstakingly explained to "hero", it's figurative. Any christian nowadays that tries to incite violence or bigotry against another group immidiately comes under fire from both sides, so I doubt we'll be having a problem of that sort any time soon, rest easy.
__________________
Butthurt Conservative.

www.gunfacts.info
Swerve22 is offline  
Old 10-02-2006, 11:07 PM #83
$PJ$ (Banned)
Northern Ballers Prez
 
$PJ$'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Earth
$PJ$ is a Supporting Member
The irish seem to be good christians.....
$PJ$ is offline  
Old 10-02-2006, 11:16 PM #84
mamin88
SuperSupra619
 
mamin88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Flemington, NJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swerve22
Just connect the bold dots, it should be simple enough for you. Now if you're not for having the power of extremist islamic leaders diminished, then you deserve what you get when you are forced to convert at the point of the sword (Thats also symbolism, it will probably be the barrel of an ak-47).

I dont get what media brainwashed you into thinking this, but islam was not spread by the sword any more then christianity was. Read this

Most of Western writers, especially under the influence of the Church, have never failed to accuse Islam of spreading by force of the sword. The causes of this prejudice lie mainly in the fact that the spread of Islam has often occurred at the expense of Christianity. While Islam has for centuries obtained numerous conversions from Christianity without much effort or organized missionary activities, Christianity has almost never been able to achieve conversions from Islam in spite of sophisticated means and well-organized missionary activities, and it has always been at a disadvantage in its competition with Islam for fourteen centuries. This has caused its missionaries and most of the orientalists to develop a complex within themselves by depicting Islam and introducing it as a regressive, vulgar religion of savage peoples. (John Cogley, Religion of Secular Age; Muhammad Asad, The Road to Mecca) The same attitude has unfortunately maintained toward the Holy Prophet of Islam. This is clear in the confessions of some unbiased writers of the West: According to P. Bayle,

Muslims, according to the principles of their faith, are under an obligation to use force for the purpose of bringing other religions to ruin (probably he means Jihad which is not for the purpose he suggests-T.F.U.); yet, in spite of that, they have been tolerating other religions for some centuries past. The Christians have not been given orders to do anything but preach and instruct, yet, despite this, from time immemorial they have been exterminating by fire and sword all those who are not of their religion.. We may feel certain that if Western Christians, instead of the Saracens and the Turks, had won the dominion over Asia, there would be today not a trace left of the Greek Church, and that they would never have tolerated Muhammadanism as the 'infidels' have tolerated Christianity there. We (Christians) enjoy the fine advantage of being far better versed than others in the art of killing, bombarding and exterminating the Human Race." (Bayle P., Dictionary, 'the article Mahomed', 1850)
mamin88 is offline  
 




Posting Rules
Forum Jump